MI 2015, Sept 11-13: 4th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #61

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Hi Pam,
Do you have a schedule of events, pot luck night etc.? Flea trade and the like?
We have reservations 9-12 and would like to participate in any such.
Tom and Jackie Lane SOI #1119
lanetr740@gmail.com
TLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #62

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
NEW MAP TODAY (9/2/15) Looks like a nice cozy grouping. I am really looking forward to visiting with everyone!
The weekend agenda is on post #65
Attached Thumbnails
Capture New Map.JPG  
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #63

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
I will be in Ontario [travelling on the motorcycle] attending a Scout Leader reunion at Blue Springs Scout Reserve that weekend. It has been held on the wknd after Labour Day for years and now that Algonac is settled in to the same routine I guess I will have to do them every two years.
Sorry to miss it. I know you will all have a great time. Just hoist one for absent friends and perhaps next year I will be able to attend.
Take care... hugs.... Scouter Dave.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #64

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I just reserved site 73 for Friday and Saturday nights. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Belle and Jessy (the terrierists) will also attend.
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #65

Registry

AGENDA ALGONAC GLASSIC EGG SCRAMBLE SEPT9-11

- Friday night 6:30 pm - Meet &Greet at my site (56). Stop in to sayhello, and have a hot dog on me! (hot dogs and chips).

The Strum Bums will be playing theirUkes (site 58 across the street) as part of the Meet & Greet.

- Saturday morning is open. People can go to breakfast or eat at theircamper. It gives everyone time to walkaround and visit and have a lazy morning. Enjoy the Saturday! Check out the surroundingtowns, or just hang out at camp.

- Saturday afternoon we can have a few hours of camper tours between 2-4.No one is obligated to open their doors, but it’s usually fun to let the other ‘non-FG’campers get a glimpse into our little FG world.

- Saturday night 6:30 Pot Luck Dinner at site 56. Because I’ve got the ‘end’ site, we’ll have room to spread out beside my camperwith a great view out to the river! Bringa passing dish to share. Everyoneprovides their own plates, eating utensils and drinks.

- After dinner, we’ll draw site numbers for prizes. Please bring anunwrapped prize for the giveaway. ($10-$15 price range).

- Saturday night fire at site 56 (unless someone else wants to volunteer tobe the Fire Host). We can wind down (andburp) after a big meal. Time for friendsto gather and share stories. Bring over your Pie Irons and ‘stuffings’ forthem and we’ll make hobo pies!

- Sunday morning, sit back and have a lazy morning before packing up. Stopby and say goodbye, and have a very safe trip home.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:14 PM   #66

Name: Cate
Trailer: U-Haul
Michigan
Hi Pam

I just purchased my U-Haul camper in July and saw your post on Facebook. I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd like to join you in Algonac in September. How to register? Should I just go to the state site and register, or are there a group of sites reserved? I do see that you have a map.
Thanks, Cate Hallisy
vagabond Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #67

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Cate,

If you have not joined our Facebook group, please do so. We would love to have you. There is lots of information and help there too.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #68

Michigan
Hi Cindy

Yes I just requested to be added to Facebook today. Last time I checked it said "pending" so someone must have to click on something there. Also reserved site 118 for the 11th and 12th. Looking forward to meeting all of you and seeing your campers. Sounds like fun.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #69

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond Cate View Post
Yes I just requested to be added to Facebook today. Last time I checked it said "pending" so someone must have to click on something there. Also reserved site 118 for the 11th and 12th. Looking forward to meeting all of you and seeing your campers. Sounds like fun.
Well there will generally be a few U-Hauls there you can swap U-Haul ownership war stories with and a general good time too I might add. Look forward to seeing you there.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:08 AM   #70

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Are you the Cate Hallisy who is posting? If so, welcome.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #71

Michigan
Yep, that's me!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #72

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond Cate View Post
Cool! Another UH in attendance! Welcome to both groups, Cate
I will add you to the Algonac map when I'm back in the office later this week.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:42 AM   #73

Michigan
Thanks Pam!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:23 AM   #74

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Ohio
Boomer

Hi, we are passing through the area on our way North and then West and wondered if there might be room for a couple of Eastern Ohio fiberglass campers?
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:00 AM   #75

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
The more, the merrier! I just looked at the Algonac State Park reservation site online and there are many available sites between number 133 and 150 in the same area as the rest of us. If you go to the Michigan DNR website, you can reserve a site at Algonac and join the fun! We hope you are able to join us and that your trip is safe and healthy.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:31 AM   #76

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
It absolutely, positively, indubitably MUST be time for the Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble. How can you tell? Roger is finally getting around to those camper repairs or mods he has been meaning to do all summer so their camper is torn apart.

Windows are finally all rebedded in fresh butyl so I figured now might be a good time to deal with the loose water tank, painting the floors and some wiring stuff. :-)

Primed is progress right?

Should have a poll for how Cheryl should kill me, if she should is not in doubt, No Pam you don't get two votes on how. I'm sure the suggestions would be good but in the interest of fairness only one suggested demise per fellow camper.

New flooring should be here soon and painting should not take much time so not as bad as last year when I replaced the front riser floor and was doing FG tabbing two days before we were leaving.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:57 AM   #77

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Pam, sorry for the late notice. Joanne and I will be there again this year. Our home was struck by lightning and caught fire in April. Still in a rental, but the repairs should be completed in October. It's been a little difficult to make definite plans this year. We will be in site 123 from Thursday thru Monday. Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

TomK
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:43 AM   #78

Registry
The more the merrier! See you all at Algonac
Schedule on post #65.
Map on post #62 (just updated today, let me know if I missed anyone)
We will be keeping this loose and relaxed just like in past years

Tom K, its never too late to join us! Glad you can come
Old 09-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #79

Michigan
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #80

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Ohio
Egg Scramble

Kevin, looks like we will be joining the the festivities on site 135. Will be arriving on Friday and out Sunday. Jerry and Claudette
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote