OH 2015, Sept 23-27: 11th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
2015, Sept 23-27: 11th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering

Please join us for our 11th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering at CAESAR CREEK STATE PARK, in Southeast Ohio, near the junction of I-71 & State Rt. 73. The official rally dates are: Wednesday, Sept. 23rd arrival, and Sunday, Sept. 27th departure, but feel free to come sooner or stay later. NOTHING IS MANDATORY. YOU WILL NOT BE PRESSURED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITY!! Come as a stranger and leave as family!!

We have LOTS of Casita models, some Scamps, and many other models of campers, large & small that typically come. ALL campers welcome! Pets are allowed on all sites, but have had several requests in the past that pets are not brought to the group meals. This is within driving distance of LOTS of places to go visit.

Don’t forget to use your Senior passes, etc. for a discount if you qualify. Reserve @ http://caesarcreekstatepark.com/Camping.php or call to reserve at 1-866-OHIOPARKS. I booked site 149 where I always was so people can find me easily to ask questions. The “mess hall” will also be near the center. I keep a list of which sites people are on, so if you want near a friend, let me know. PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL AS SOON AS YOU BOOK WITH YOUR SITE NUMBER, ARRIVAL DATE, & DEPARTURE DATE SO I CAN KEEP TRACK.

We are in Camping Area 2 (pet sites) which is the loop we used to be in, sites 138-201. Sites on the campground map that have a half-moon shape are only 20 amp electric. They will be doing some remodeling & upgrades sometime in the near future there, but no guarantee if anything will be done by our rally.

On Thursday evening we can plan to have soup and snacks night if people are interested as a “welcome evening”. We love campfires every evening, and will designate Friday evening as “campfire meal night”. It is fun to use pie irons, & to grill hot dogs and hamburgers, etc. We have a BIG group potluck breakfast on Sat. morning, followed by a tour of open campers. During the tour of campers, if anyone has any small items they want to sell they can put stuff on a table outside their camper like we did this past year. On Sat. evening we have a group potluck meal. More details later.

I would love to hear from any of you if you are interested in holding any type of activities that you would be willing to be in charge of like exercise group (I know a lady who would be good at that!!), group hikes, arts and crafts, demos for iron pot cooking, line dancing, playing an instrument by the campfire, etc.

I will be posting updates as they become pertinent, on The Fiberglass RV Community & will post all important info in RED print so you won't miss it. When you book a site, please send Sandy, the rally organizer, a PRIVATE e-mail thru this site & give her your site number, dates you are arriving and leaving, and your private e-mail address. She will make sure you receive all updates by personal e-mail. Please do NOT post your personal info on any web site for security reasons! Sandy
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:26 AM   #2

Ohio
The best spots are filling up quickly! These are very large sites so if you want near the action/group meals, etc. you may want to get booked! We have 19 sites booked so far.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Sandy, do you have a number for people currently signed up?
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #4

Ohio
We have 21 sites reserved so far. These are REAL BIG sites so if you want near the action, you will want to get booked as near the center of our loop as you can get. The center spots are filling up the fastest, of course! Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Sandy
Old 06-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #5

Ohio
11th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering

We now have 23 sites reserved for this rally. Be careful when you book as some sites don't have electric (they are now called tent sites & show up on the map if you pull that up). These are very large sites, so if you want near the action, please get your reservation in! Thanks, Sandy
Old 07-30-2015, 06:10 AM   #6

Ohio
I just found out that the sites that used to be called tent sites are no longer called that, BUT when you look at the site to book, check out the electric on it. Those sites still have only 20 amp electric instead of 30 amp.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:13 AM   #7

Ohio
There are some sites that have been reserved at Caesar Creek during our rally, in our loop, that I am not sure belong to our group. If anyone has booked any of these sites, PLEASE send me a PRIVATE PM with your email address so I can keep you updated for the rally. These sites are 156,157,159,165,166,168,169,176
Old 08-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 1300, 1980 Scamp 16
Ohio
Sandy, we have reserved site 172 at Caesars Creek for Thursday thru Sunday. Looking forward!!!! Will have a pot of soup to share in Thursday. Thanks for organizing this event. Also, if anyone is interested, Connie can take a group fossil hunting if Caesar Creek still allows it. ( she knows all about the local strata). Thx, Bob Mollard

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Bobaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #9

Bob, I made sure Sandy got your information. She will be contacting you privately, so she can keep you up to date on plans for the rally. It will be good to see you there.
terry r.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #10

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
Bob, I made sure Sandy got your information. She will be contacting you privately, so she can keep you up to date on plans for the rally. It will be good to see you there.
terry r.
Thanks, Terry!
Old 08-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #11

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaton View Post
Sandy, we have reserved site 172 at Caesars Creek for Thursday thru Sunday. Looking forward!!!! Will have a pot of soup to share in Thursday. Thanks for organizing this event. Also, if anyone is interested, Connie can take a group fossil hunting if Caesar Creek still allows it. ( she knows all about the local strata). Thx, Bob Mollard

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
I am so thrilled you will be joining us. Will you be in your Trillium? Please PRIVATE MESSAGE ME with your email address so I can add you to my directory & send you rally info & updates. Thanks, Sandy
Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #12

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy w View Post
there are some sites that have been reserved at caesar creek during our rally, in our loop, that i am not sure belong to our group. If anyone has booked any of these sites, please send me a private pm with your email address so i can keep you updated for the rally. These sites are 156,157,159,165,166,168,169,176
I still have not heard from anyone who has booked any of the sites listed here. If you are booked on one of these sites, please p.m. me asap to let me know. I am sending out rally updates and don't want anyone to be left out! Again, the sites are: 156,157,159,165,166,168,169,176 Thanks, Sandy
Old 09-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #13

Did you ever learn who has the group of sites in the middle of the loop, you have reserved? I bet it is another group camp out.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:03 AM   #14

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
Did you ever learn who has the group of sites in the middle of the loop, you have reserved? I bet it is another group camp out.
Nobody has responded to any of my posts. If it is another group, wish they would have chosen the next loop which is almost completely vacant! I am still hoping they are part of our group, but I won't have name tags for them or directories or instructions printed for them unless I hear from them. As of now, there is only ONE more site in our loop with 30 amp electric (198) & there are still several with 20 amp. If we overflow into the next loop, there is a path shortcut through on about sites 122 or 123 that cuts through to our loop around my site which is 149.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #15

Name: Stuart
Trailer: Casita spirit 17
New Hampshire
Hi Sandy. We are a bit new to this, and I don't know how to do a private message.
Anyhow, we have reserved site 152 for Wed - Sat nights. We have a 2013 17' Casita. Stu & Donna
stu-ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy w View Post
nobody has responded to any of my posts. If it is another group, wish they would have chosen the next loop which is almost completely vacant! I am still hoping they are part of our group, but i won't have name tags for them or directories or instructions printed for them unless i hear from them. As of now, there is only one more site in our loop with 30 amp electric (198) & there are still several with 20 amp. If we overflow into the next loop, there is a path shortcut through on about sites 122 or 123 that cuts through to our loop around my site which is 149.
Site 168 is accounted for. All 30 amps sites in our loop are now booked. There are a few 20 amp sites left or you may book in the adjacent loop and use the path shortcut through on about sites 122 or 123. It comes out in our loop at about site 149 which is my site. If you book please be sure to send Sandy a private message with your private email address in it so she can update you on rally info, etc.
Sandy

Old 09-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Regarding the 20 amp sites remaining.
Your AC will run on 20 amps just fine. You'll just need an adapter.
Electric heaters might depending on size.

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #18

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Romas View Post
Regarding the 20 amp sites remaining.
Your AC will run on 20 amps just fine. You'll just need an adapter.
Electric heaters might depending on size.

Joe

Shows you what I know - not much about electricity. But if Joe says it, you can take it to the bank! Thanks, Joe!
Old 09-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #19

Ohio
Joe,
What kind of adapter will they need and where can they buy it?
Sandy
Old 09-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #20

Ohio
Rally

If you have booked a site, please send Sandy, the rally organizer, an email with your private email address, site # you booked, and dates you will be there on it so she can send you rally updates. Just sent out several info emails and sign up sheets and don't want anyone to miss the important info! Can't wait to see you all. Sandy

Tags
fall