OR 2016, April 21-24: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #41

Name: Joan
Trailer: currently shopping
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
I am considering a 12 volt chest style frig and was wondering if anyone will have one at this event that I can see? Something like the Dometic CF-18, CFX 35, or similar. It is a lot of money to spend sight unseen, and to hear running.

Looking forward to my first event.

Thanks.

Don and Kris
Site 28A
Don and Kris.

I have the Dometic CF35. I am in site 22A. You are welcome to check it out.

Joan
jfocallag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #42

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Cari and I are looking forward to visiting with you all in our...

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:37 PM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thom, you and Cari are always welcome to join us at a NOG... even if you bring a tent and hammock
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #44

Astoria Oregon
Registry
You never know... : )
Cari was testing out her new hammock a couple weeks ago in the yard.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:22 PM   #45

Works for me Thom
Old 03-29-2016, 10:57 PM   #46

Name: Randy
Trailer: In the Market
Oregon
I may just have to do a day run from Lincoln City on the Coast and see whats up! It would be a great opportunity to look over some eggs before I set out on the actual road of buying one!
The only Fiberglass I have is a 17' Newport sailboat! I have actually camped in this on the water.
Randy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy B. View Post
I may just have to do a day run from Lincoln City on the Coast and see whats up! It would be a great opportunity to look over some eggs before I set out on the actual road of buying one!
The only Fiberglass I have is a 17' Newport sailboat! I have actually camped in this on the water.
You're more than welcome to join us Randy. Bring a tent and stay! There are tent sites still open.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #48

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Getting excited about the upcoming NOG meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfocallag View Post
Don and Kris.

I have the Dometic CF35. I am in site 22A. You are welcome to check it out.

Joan
Thanks for the invite to see the DC fridge. We will come by over the weekend. We are in site 28 A with a Happier Camper.

Getting excited about our first upcoming Fiberglass Trailer meet! Going to clean up the trailer, get out the glamping accessories, and power up the decorative mini lights. No hookups in our site but so far we have not had any problems staying ahead of power needs with our minimal usage, our 100 amp hour battery, and 140 watt solar panel.
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:08 PM   #49

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
...Going to clean up the trailer...
And speaking of cleaning up : )
Cari and I are doing a polyglow treatment on the van's roof tomorrow in anticipation of the kick off of 2016 season for us...NOG is our first _real_ outing this year.

Thom
Old 04-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #50

Happy weekend NOGgers. We're just less than two weeks to Spring NOG! Fun times ahead.

I thought I'd go ahead and post the schedule and give you some of my thoughts on other issues.

I'll be in the park on Wednesday (20th) and I'm going to check with the Park Hosts to see if we can use the Shelter. However, if the weather looks like it will be dry, the Friday and Saturday night activities are at my site 53A. We may not know where we'll land until a couple of hours before the start of any activity. If I'm not at my site, I'll post a notice on the door of my trailer when we know more.

Don't forget your name tags. We have lots of new people. Let's make it easy on them. Remember when you were the newbie? Trying to remember peoples names is uncomfortable!

THE Schedule of events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish, sleep in, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG.

WEATHER PERMITTING - No-host dinner-on-a-stick roasting fire going at my site (53A) on Friday night. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need. Fire will be roaring in the NOG tub, come by anytime after 6:00pm. If you have a stick or two of firewood to share at the NOG tub, that would be grand. And the biggy:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please bring your lawn chair and join us anyway. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the NOG tub.

WEATHER PERMITTING - Saturday potluck at my site (53A) 6pm SHARP.
Bring a food item to share that feeds 6-10 people, your table service and lawn chair. I'll supply the garbage bags for trash. I have a few items for the give-away. If you have something you'd like to pass along to another NOGger, please bring it Saturday night. I don't have room to store products.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.

And PLEASE.... everyone pack SUNSHINE and bring it with you
Old 04-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #51

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Woo hoo - thanks for not organizing this Donna, can't wait! Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends!

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:27 PM   #52

Oregon
Registry
For those of you looking for things to do in the area, McDowell Creek is a day use park with fairly easy hiking and beautiful waterfalls. It is just a few miles down the road from the park. Also, if there are any covered bridge fans out there, Linn County has quite a few.

Have fun!
Kathie

Covered Bridges

McDowell Creek

Old 04-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #53

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

on the area : ) yup lots to do and agree w/Kathie.

One of the reasons Cari & I were excited about checking out Waterloo park and visiting w/the fiberglass gang is we frequent the area several times each season. Just up the road from the park (~20 minutes) is an area called Yellow Bottom Recreation area. It is an eleven mile corridor set aside for gold prospecting along the Santiam River. There are free dispersed camp sites along the river. Total boon-docking experience but beautiful if you are up for it. Here are a few pictures from some trips. IF you are up to a stay at a wonderfully maintained forestry campground in the area, check out Yellowbottom Campground up the same road. We've taken both the small trailers we've had over the years into the campground and had a great time in the area.

One of our favorite spots to enjoy the river:

Camping next to the river with Parkliner #35 and the Van:

and here is a link to a panorama ...use the horizontal scroll to see all 360 degrees of the camp!

: ) Thom
Old 04-13-2016, 08:58 PM   #54

Oregon
Registry
Nice Thom - thanks for sharing, always looking for new spots. It is a beautiful area. Lot's of rock hounding too (petrified wood and the famous Holley blue agates).
Kathie

Old 04-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #55

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

on "Rock Hounding" yes for sure.
Cari finds some gold every trip to the river : )

Thom
Old 04-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #56

For those that can come at nearly the last minute, Linn County Parks has opened B Loop for reservations... just for us! CALL and get a reservation on Monday. Post here all your details so I can update the participants list and site map.

Cool beans!
Old 04-17-2016, 06:04 PM   #57

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

If anyone is arriving in the area before the official NOG kick off...and want to relax by the river...
Cari and I are planning on arriving Tuesday night in the area and finding a ring somewhere on "Quartzville Drive" in the Yellowbottom Recreation Area I mentioned in a prior post. (There are really no limits to vehicles per ring, just what ever fits.)

It should be fairly easy to spot us with the VanApocalypse : )
We will most likely be heading back to the YBR area on Sunday or Monday night before heading back to the coast. Did I say it was one of favorite places to visit?

Thom

Old 04-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #58

Name: Marla
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
Looking forward to it

Robert and I are semi-newbies (our first gathering was last fall) and we're so looking forward to meeting more of you this time!

We'll be in camp 43-A in our vintage Boler.

See you all soon.
Marla Young
marlaannyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #59

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the Market
Oregon
Any Escape 19 or Oliver Legacy Elites?

Hello all,

Been a member for a while now and trying to watch the forum classified area. Own a Toy Hauler stick built and I have to tell you Ive had more roof repairs then I care to talk about. All our kids have moved out so its just my wife and I so we are going to go Fiberglass but I was hoping to get a chance to look at a few. I live in Oregon so I want to drive on down for the NOG and take a look at all the different types.

Escape 19 and Oliver Legacy Elites 23 look like great campers. Ive considered ordering a Escape but they seem to be way backed up on production.

See you there!
RobertH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #60

We'll see you there Robert!