KY 2016, June 10, 11, 12: Eggs A La Bourbon - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #121

Name: marcye
Trailer: in the market
Florida
ky rallie

thank you CindyL i will see you saturday!!! that is june 11th!
marcye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #122
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Marcye

You are welcome to see our trailer but I have to warn you that most people that come to a rally and look at our trailer buy one in the near future. We just got home from Townsend rally where we spent time with a couple that came to Land Between the Lakes rally last fall and had the trailer that they bought within one month of that rally. You will be destined to accelerate your purchase plan - be prepared.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #123

Name: marcye
Trailer: in the market
Florida
thank you larry i can not wait as casita is on the top of my list!! what # will you be parked at?
marcye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #124
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
We will be on site#003.
Just look for the Casita with enough solar panels to power a small city.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #125

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry,C View Post
Marcye

You are welcome to see our trailer but I have to warn you that most people that come to a rally and look at our trailer buy one in the near future. We just got home from Townsend rally where we spent time with a couple that came to Land Between the Lakes rally last fall and had the trailer that they bought within one month of that rally. You will be destined to accelerate your purchase plan - be prepared.
Hi Marcye!

I am the guilty party that Larry is referring to!!! Laura and I wanted to take a peek at the LBL Rally in early October, '15. We loved the people and the fiberglass campers so much, we bought our new to us Casita the following month. We were "supposed" to wait another year or two, but we are so glad we made the plunge. Looking forward to meeting you at the Eggs A La Bourbon Rally.

Larry is right. We looked at his trailer and then bought one! Be careful. LOL, you will get the bug.

Take care,

Dean
Old 04-24-2016, 10:58 PM   #126

Name: Charles
Florida
Arghhh... just got our Casita Liberty Deluxe, and have been looking for a rally near us in FL, or my family home in KY. And here ya go... but on the same weekend of the bluegrass festival in Lexington that we have produced for over 40 years. Maybe we can sneak away for a few hours to visit (with without our egg *sniff*).
bookernoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #127

Name: Dean
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Charles,

Love Lexington. My daughter is finishing her junior year at UK. Looks like you know the area well. Maybe you can sneak over. Easy drive on the Bluegrass Pkwy!

Congrats on our Casita!

Dean
Old 05-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #128

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
A space has opened in our rally. Jump if you wish to join us.

CindyL
Old 05-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #129

Registry
And a second site. Of the 2 available sites, site 38 is the better one than 20.

CindyL
Old 05-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #130

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
We just made reservations for the My Old Kentucky Home Dinner Train for Friday June 10th at 6 anybody else planning on making a reservation, give them my last name "Hawkins" and they will seat us together. Just to inform you it was a little pricey at 85 per person for dinner 2 hour train ride. I had to do it since I've lived here my whole life and have never been on the train so it was about time.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #131

Registry
Sounds cool! We are coming in a day earlier than planned, as we have to leave on Sunday now. It turns out I am teaching the next week.

CindyL
Old 05-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #132

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
The dinner train sounds fun! Plan on Cindy and me for Friday night.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:27 PM   #133

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
I'd kick myself if I missed this rally. Car tires are freshly rotated with a new spare and the oil has been changed...We're in ship-shape to go.

I'll be in #20 with my Anderson Leveler, and if that doesn't make things steady, the Bourbon will. I'll just imagine being on a vessel.

Looking forward to a great time, and I'll be booking with the Hawkins party on the dinner train.

Can't wait to meet you, Cindy, and having an awesome weekend with like-minded folk!
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #134

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
...do you think it be a good idea to reserve spots for those who wish to tour Maker's Mark and/or Jim Beam? ...checked their sites and both require reservations. It looks like we could even get a special tour for like 35.00 or thereabouts.

Who might be interested in me looking into reservations for the tour?

CindyL
Me! Absolutely. Saturday during the day might be the best time. That's the full-capacity of your rally, which would have the most potential sign-ups.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #135

Registry
Talking

Welcome, Hidalga!

Site #20 is a stinker, so bring lots of things to raise the front of your Scamp. When we walked the campground a couple of weeks ago, double-checking our original site review, Kevin and I thought that if the person in #20 had a small enough camper and could not level their camper enough, they could double-up with another site, if they can boondock. Hopefully, you can do that with your Scamp if it cannot be leveled enough. (I am not sure of the space in our site, or I would absolutely invite you, but if we have the space, consider yourself invited, if you can't get your Scamp leveled in #20. Kevin thought the camper in that spot might be able to place their camper sideways and have it easier to level than the back-in position.)

Looking forward to this weekend, even though it has been curtailed for us (Darn it, my one-week intensive summer class begins on the following Monday, so we have to leave on Sunday! Hopefully, you all can do without us on Sunday. We added a night on the front of our trip since we have to leave earlier than planned, so hopefully, we can go to the "My Old KY Home" musical.). We have threatened for years to host a rally, and when we saw Bardstown last summer, we both said, "This is it." There is so much to do there!

We were in Bardstown, because my hobby is genealogy. My 5th great-grandfather moved to Bardstown from SW PA during the Whiskey Rebellion. His whiskey still is now part of the Jim Beam company. My husband gets a kick out of teasing one of his school board members (Kevin is a school supt.) that since he works for Jim Beam, he really works for the supt's wife's whiskey company.

CindyL
Old 05-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #136

Registry
I discovered that the weekend of the Bourbon egg meet is also the Stephen Foster Festival (The Stephen Foster Festival | The Stephen Foster Story | Bardstown, Kentucky). That is not a bad thing unless you are camping near the golf course and don't like the sound of the balls being hit since there is a golf meet. It also will likely make touring the My Old Kentucky Home Museum, Oscar Getz Whiskey Museum and Civil War/early Bardstown Museum more crowded, as well as the distilleries. On the good side, it gives you more options for things to do. We plan to change the time of the supper though now, in case you wish to attend evening events for the Festival.

Kevin and I will be offering suggestions of things to do this weekend. We visited last year for the first time, so we have not done everything ourselves.

CindyL
Old 05-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #137

This is the info for the festival in Bardstown on Saturday, June 11. If people want to go to the 8 p.m. show, we can set the potluck dinner for 5 p.m. behind our trailer. I'll check with the golf course tomorrow to see if their tourney will be completed by 3 p.m. like they originally thought. That would give us access to the park picnic tables south of the clubhouse. More to come!

Kevin
Old 05-23-2016, 10:29 AM   #138

Eggs A La Bourbon is just around the corner! Cindy and I will be arriving on Wednesday, June 8, and will be in Site 2 just to the right of the start of the right hand loop. We’ll be in the Bigfoot Silver Cloud!

Plans are wide open for most things this weekend. Several of us will be going to the Dinner Train on Friday evening at 6 p.m. If you are interested, you need to go online to find events in Bardstown and make a reservation. The dinner/ride is pretty pricey at $85 per person, but I know at least 6 people are doing this.

Saturday, June 11, is the Stephen Foster Festival in Bardstown, so lots of activities will be going on in and around the downtown. That would also be a good day for people to take a distillery tour. It is best to call ahead and make a reservation for the tours since walk-ins often have to wait for the next available group or spot. Cindy and I plan to go to Maker’s Mark Distillery on Saturday morning and hope to get to the Jim Beam Distillery on Saturday afternoon. Maker’s Mark is about 30 minutes southeast of the campground and Jim Beam is about the same distance west of Bardstown. Other brand distilleries are scattered just south of the campground, too.

Saturday evening is our free-range potluck dinner at 5 p.m. No program is planned… just time to meet and visit with new/old friends! We set the time a bit early in case people want to plan ahead for buying tickets to the My Old Kentucky Home/Stephen Foster musical at 8 p.m. Cindy and I will furnish hot dogs and buns for everyone, so you’ll have to bring your own meat if hotdogs aren’t your thing. Also, please bring a dish to pass and bring your own plates and silverware. We will furnish lemonade, but other drinks are up to you. We plan to eat at the picnic tables on the golf course clubhouse grounds just behind site 2 if the weather is OK. Otherwise, there is no shelter nearby available (it was rented a year ago!) so we might have to make alternate plans. (Lots of umbrellas and lawn chairs?)

When we walked the campground sites about a month ago, I paid special attention to the location of electrical and water hookups. It looks like most sites will need at least 25 feet of hose and power cord, but be prepared for runs up to 40 feet. Also, a water faucet splitter would be helpful since the water sites are often shared. Don’t forget to bring things to help level your trailers, too, since the sites are smooth but NOT level.
See you all soon!

Kevin and Cindy
Old 05-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #139
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
I have contacted the campground hoping to book a site but have been informed there are none available so I am now on a wait list .when I told the camp host that I was going to bring the new hc1 and if it would be possible to bring in the trailer even if during the day she told me she would talk with management and try to acomadate us ,just waiting to hear back from her.hopeing we can be there.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #140

Registry
Found this video about what there is to do at Bardstown:

https://vimeo.com/54529796

CindyL