WA 2016 , June 3-5 and/or 10-12: Taidnapam, in 2 parts! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #15

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Washington
Bill & Gisela - - - - WA-217 -- 31-6 21' Escape
Right across the street from where we were last year.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #16

Name: Jess
Trailer: Casita
California
June 3-6 camp

Hi Roger, we made a reservation for above.
We have a 17 ' casita SD. Site # 259 June 3-6
This is our first time to join a "rally"

Looking forward and Thanks for this opportunity. We are newbies in the camping world.

Jess and Mel:

Old 04-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #17
JLC

Name: Jen
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Hi. We are brand new Scamp owners (1981, 13') - although we've been dreaming about one for several years now. We'll be in site 24 from June 3-5. This will be our first or second trip out ever. Looking forward to it!

Jen, Marne and baby Ellis
Old 05-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #18

Name: Kim
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
So it’s still not too late to claim your spot at the Taidnapam gathering(s). As previously discussed, this year you have the option of choosing which weekend you want. The traditional first weekend in June (3,4,5) will be under the watchful eye of Roger. The second weekend (10,11,12), which is Free Fishing Weekend, will be more or less under my direction. It is unfortunate that wires got crossed for the dates but hey, now there are options! Rest assured, there will be good times for all in attendance no matter which weekend you choose so if you have not already signed up and reserved a site, now would be a good time to do so. As usual, we are all camping in the newer section of the campground so be sure to make that distinction when you make your reservations. Next year we’ll get back on track and all gather at the same time.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:11 AM   #19

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
How do Chris and Maureen get their name & site on the list at the top of this thread?
Old 05-18-2016, 01:24 AM   #20

Wait, I see... Chris & Maureen are listed as being in Site 247, but they are really in 274.
What's with Don & Jerry and Mel & Jess' reservations? My Taidnapam map says their sites (230 and 259) are not reserved for the June 4-5 weekend.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:43 AM   #21

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I will try to make it. I will camp at home and then visit. I live in the area.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:58 PM   #22

2 more coming!

Count us in!
Karen Langlois in her "Burrito" Burro plus maybe one of her dogs in site 222.
and
Cory Hilby in her '72 Compact Jr. with her dog Joey in site 225

Wait 'til you see my Buffalo Plaid socks!!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:06 PM   #23

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Unhappy Have to cancel

Sorry, everyone, but due to my needing to recover from a recent case of pneumonia, I will be unable to attend my own rally!!

Have fun.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:58 AM   #24

Roger not attending

That's a shame! But as long as you are recovering, it's worth it.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #25

Washington
Registry
Getting close to the Taidnapam gathering. I’m not sure what Roger has planned for WAG I (June 3-5) but as for WAG II (June 10-12), for those of you who are attending, here are some thoughts: Hotdog roast Friday PM at a campsite yet to be determined. Pretty much bring your own wieners and roasting sticks to cook over an open fire. Bring some chips or other munchies & drinks as well to share. Saturday evening potluck, consider bringing a main dish and a salad or dessert to share. And don’t forget the chocolate!! It has been suggested that if you have brought your canine friends along on the camping trip, that you not bring them to the potluck. They are welcome to attend the campfire, just not to be present during the potluck. Remember this is free fishing weekend so you don’t need a license to be able to try your luck. Last but not least, remember, nobody should plan on bringing a raincoat or umbrella to this gathering…..
Old 05-31-2016, 07:49 AM   #26

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Washington
Just a few days away

Well it is just a few days away from the Washington Gathering (Part 1). Looks like it may be a small crowd, but that is just fine. We will still have a great time and the weather is looking fantastic. Like the gatherings to the south of us, this is not "Organized". With that said, we offer up our campsite (#274) to host the traditional Saturday evening potluck. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new friends. Safe travels one and all.
Chris & Maureen
Old 05-31-2016, 05:10 PM   #27

Washington
Registry
It appears that you who are signed up for Part 1 have really lucked out with the weather as Morton is looking at high 80's and low 90's for the weekend. Should maybe be a bit cooler by the water. Have a great time. The weather for Part 2 doesn't look quite that good but 70's will work just fine. For discussion around the campfire, the Free Fishing weekend for next year will be the 2nd week-end of June, 10th & 11th just like this year's 11th & 12th. Apparently it always falls on the second weekend after the 1st Monday. Go figure........ For those who are attending Part 1 it might be worth maybe taking a poll to see how everybody feels about whether or not that fishing thing is important or not. We will do the same at Part 2 and put collective heads together to come up with a plan for next year. For those who have been attending this gathering for a long time, you will recall that the original location and dates were based on Free Fishing Weekend. I also know of several "non-fisherfolks" who have gotten in on it and have caught fish. Just a thought. Have a great time and drive safely.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:44 AM   #28

Buffalo Plaid

Appears I forgot to mention, both I (Cory) & Karen Langlois are coming late the 3rd (Friday) & leaving the 5th (Monday). Karen (the camp chef of the two of us) thinks she'll probably bring a huge green salad to the potluck. As for activities on Saturday, feel free to come over to one of our campsites and propose any relatively non-exertional one you have in mind! We will likely each have a dog with us, so of course playing with them at water's edge is hopefully an option

I'm going to assume that even without Roger our campouts' theme color is "buffalo plaid"!

That's a 166-year old 'color'.

"Technically speaking, it is style No. 5310-402 in the Woolrich middleweight fabric collection, but everybody knows it by its nickname. The story goes that around 1850, a designer at Woolrich's mill in Chatham Run, Pa. reprised a black-and-red, twill plaid that the Scots had called Rob Roy. But since the designer happened to own a herd of buffalo on the side, he called it buffalo check." Why the 165-Year-Old Buffalo Check Is 2015's Hot Holiday Pattern | Adweek
Attached Images