WA 2016 , June 3-5 and/or 10-12: Taidnapam, in 2 parts! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 AM   #21

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I will try to make it. I will camp at home and then visit. I live in the area.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:58 PM   #22

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
2 more coming!

Count us in!
Karen Langlois in her "Burrito" Burro plus maybe one of her dogs in site 222.
and
Cory Hilby in her '72 Compact Jr. with her dog Joey in site 225

Wait 'til you see my Buffalo Plaid socks!!
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:06 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy Have to cancel

Sorry, everyone, but due to my needing to recover from a recent case of pneumonia, I will be unable to attend my own rally!!

Have fun.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #24

Roger not attending

That's a shame! But as long as you are recovering, it's worth it.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:27 PM   #25

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
Getting close to the Taidnapam gathering. I’m not sure what Roger has planned for WAG I (June 3-5) but as for WAG II (June 10-12), for those of you who are attending, here are some thoughts: Hotdog roast Friday PM at a campsite yet to be determined. Pretty much bring your own wieners and roasting sticks to cook over an open fire. Bring some chips or other munchies & drinks as well to share. Saturday evening potluck, consider bringing a main dish and a salad or dessert to share. And don’t forget the chocolate!! It has been suggested that if you have brought your canine friends along on the camping trip, that you not bring them to the potluck. They are welcome to attend the campfire, just not to be present during the potluck. Remember this is free fishing weekend so you don’t need a license to be able to try your luck. Last but not least, remember, nobody should plan on bringing a raincoat or umbrella to this gathering…..
Old 05-31-2016, 06:49 AM   #26

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Just a few days away

Well it is just a few days away from the Washington Gathering (Part 1). Looks like it may be a small crowd, but that is just fine. We will still have a great time and the weather is looking fantastic. Like the gatherings to the south of us, this is not "Organized". With that said, we offer up our campsite (#274) to host the traditional Saturday evening potluck. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new friends. Safe travels one and all.
Chris & Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:10 PM   #27

Washington
Registry
It appears that you who are signed up for Part 1 have really lucked out with the weather as Morton is looking at high 80's and low 90's for the weekend. Should maybe be a bit cooler by the water. Have a great time. The weather for Part 2 doesn't look quite that good but 70's will work just fine. For discussion around the campfire, the Free Fishing weekend for next year will be the 2nd week-end of June, 10th & 11th just like this year's 11th & 12th. Apparently it always falls on the second weekend after the 1st Monday. Go figure........ For those who are attending Part 1 it might be worth maybe taking a poll to see how everybody feels about whether or not that fishing thing is important or not. We will do the same at Part 2 and put collective heads together to come up with a plan for next year. For those who have been attending this gathering for a long time, you will recall that the original location and dates were based on Free Fishing Weekend. I also know of several "non-fisherfolks" who have gotten in on it and have caught fish. Just a thought. Have a great time and drive safely.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:44 AM   #28

Buffalo Plaid

Appears I forgot to mention, both I (Cory) & Karen Langlois are coming late the 3rd (Friday) & leaving the 5th (Monday). Karen (the camp chef of the two of us) thinks she'll probably bring a huge green salad to the potluck. As for activities on Saturday, feel free to come over to one of our campsites and propose any relatively non-exertional one you have in mind! We will likely each have a dog with us, so of course playing with them at water's edge is hopefully an option

I'm going to assume that even without Roger our campouts' theme color is "buffalo plaid"!

That's a 166-year old 'color'.

"Technically speaking, it is style No. 5310-402 in the Woolrich middleweight fabric collection, but everybody knows it by its nickname. The story goes that around 1850, a designer at Woolrich's mill in Chatham Run, Pa. reprised a black-and-red, twill plaid that the Scots had called Rob Roy. But since the designer happened to own a herd of buffalo on the side, he called it buffalo check." Why the 165-Year-Old Buffalo Check Is 2015's Hot Holiday Pattern | Adweek
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #29

Washington
Registry
So, how'd it go??
Old 06-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #30

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Sun was shining and warm weather, but great times for all

Overall this was a great weekend. The weather was warm, and the potluck was FANTASTIC! We talked about WAG 1 verses WAG 2 and the overall consensus was to choose the date for a specific calendar weekend, like the "first weekend in June". Having that as the constant verses trying to figure our when a free fishing weekend would occur was more important. Also by not camping over Memorial Day weekend nor the free fishing weekend there were plenty of great open spots available. Of the ten groups there, only one was interested in fishing and they already had their licenses so it did not matter to them. Also the timing worked well as the week before was an "Escape Owners Appreciation Gathering" so there were several "Escapees" that chose this weekend due to overall timing. Keep everyone posted on the WAG 2 discussion. I'm sure we can figure out the gathering for next year.
Chris & Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #31

It Was Hot

As you might know, with the particular weather pattern this past weekend, it was even hotter in Randle than in Seattle, Tacoma or Olympia! I knew I couldn't sleep in that and alas, my 1972 trailer has no AC. So I paid some people to put one of my small house air conditioners in the front seat of the car, and the Gathering guys were kind enough to move it to my trailer, where (although it was in the way of everything) I got it to vent out the back door (which has a long screened openable window, thanks to it's unique design). Saved the day! (And night.)

Also brought a big inner tube & sat in the lake (at the boat ramp) while my dog waded. Both the nearest ramp & the swim area were closed to usual activity, I believe due to low lake level. But the North Boat Ramp was open. Ranger told me one could swim at the closed ramp, and some people did. Water cold but no where near Puget Sound-like cold.

On the way home had the windows open for the dog and sustained a sunburn on my left shoulder from that! Finally couldn't stand it and closed the windows & turned on the AC. I think then it was about 80 degrees in the back seat where the dog was--but as I passed the Mayfield rest area on I-5, my outside car thermometer briefly registered 101 degrees!
Old 09-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #32

Name: Bill
Trailer: Scamp
CA
Taidnapam Rallie

Are these limited to Washingtonians?

Bill
Damp Scamp Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #33

Washington
Registry
Heck no!!! Come one come all. New listing under Taidnapam 2020 for the next gathering in June.