WA 2016 , June 3-5 and/or 10-12: Taidnapam, in 2 parts! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #29
Name: Kim
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
So, how'd it go??

"You can observe a lot just by watching"
Yogi Berra
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #30
Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Sun was shining and warm weather, but great times for all

Overall this was a great weekend. The weather was warm, and the potluck was FANTASTIC! We talked about WAG 1 verses WAG 2 and the overall consensus was to choose the date for a specific calendar weekend, like the "first weekend in June". Having that as the constant verses trying to figure our when a free fishing weekend would occur was more important. Also by not camping over Memorial Day weekend nor the free fishing weekend there were plenty of great open spots available. Of the ten groups there, only one was interested in fishing and they already had their licenses so it did not matter to them. Also the timing worked well as the week before was an "Escape Owners Appreciation Gathering" so there were several "Escapees" that chose this weekend due to overall timing. Keep everyone posted on the WAG 2 discussion. I'm sure we can figure out the gathering for next year.
Chris & Maureen

Maureen M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #31
Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
It Was Hot

As you might know, with the particular weather pattern this past weekend, it was even hotter in Randle than in Seattle, Tacoma or Olympia! I knew I couldn't sleep in that and alas, my 1972 trailer has no AC. So I paid some people to put one of my small house air conditioners in the front seat of the car, and the Gathering guys were kind enough to move it to my trailer, where (although it was in the way of everything) I got it to vent out the back door (which has a long screened openable window, thanks to it's unique design). Saved the day! (And night.)

Also brought a big inner tube & sat in the lake (at the boat ramp) while my dog waded. Both the nearest ramp & the swim area were closed to usual activity, I believe due to low lake level. But the North Boat Ramp was open. Ranger told me one could swim at the closed ramp, and some people did. Water cold but no where near Puget Sound-like cold.

On the way home had the windows open for the dog and sustained a sunburn on my left shoulder from that! Finally couldn't stand it and closed the windows & turned on the AC. I think then it was about 80 degrees in the back seat where the dog was--but as I passed the Mayfield rest area on I-5, my outside car thermometer briefly registered 101 degrees!

Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote