GA 2016, May 19-21 - Eggs on the Hiawassee River - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #81

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Georgia
I'll be there 'til Sunday. Can't arrive Thursday, so will be up after work Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Martins HeirCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:54 AM   #82

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Rally Update - Talked to Riverbend Campground this morning and they have two more sights booked so now we have 35 rigs if my count is correct. A23 and C17 are still available in our group but they will reserve them to anyone so if you want to be in with the other Eggs it is not too late to book a site. After these two are filled they will put anyone else who wants to come to the rally where every they can put you but she did say they will try to group egg together if possible.

This weekend I am working on my rig but will work on the T-shirt design first of the week and try to get some pricing nailed down so if you have not already contacted me that you want one and your size then let me know asap...

Also we are still trying to figure out some activities if anyone has any ideas or suggestions...so far this is planned:

Thursday afternoon - Get your name tags at site C1 and meet & greet in the river side common area adjacent to C1 (bring a chair)

Thursday night - Fish Fry at the Pavillion (bring a side dish or dessert and your own beverage - sorry no alcohol per campground rules)

Friday morning - 9ish? coffee & conversation

Friday - mods discussion/show (time and location to be determined) if you have a cool mod, renovation or restoration and you would like to share the details about how you did it with the group let us know! Can be anything from a simple add on to something more complex light a solar panel setup...

Saturday - 10AM - 2PM Egg Open House/Viewing (ribbons or signs will be available for display)

It was suggested to do a pot luck both Friday and Saturday so I am asking for everyone's input - do you want to do a pot luck both nights or just one?

Does anyone want to participate in a horseshoes or corn hole games?

Are there any musicians coming that would like to play for the campers?
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:22 AM   #83

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Johnny
Wow, this is looking great for a first time.
Rather than two pot lucks I would prefer Friday to hAve something like a late afternoon appetizer fest or an evening dessert sharing.

Walt
Old 04-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #84

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
Johnny, you are doing a terrific job of putting this together! We are really looking forward to the rally.
ATHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:59 AM   #85

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Johnny, you are doing a terrific job of putting this together! We are really looking forward to the rally.
Thanks Tom, only 3 1/2 more weeks!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #86

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2010 scamp 13ft
Tennessee
Good to hear from you today we are planing to attend the fish fry and will bring a dish to pass

Rob & Anne

Sent from my SM-T350 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
msawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:47 PM   #87

Deep South
Rally Update - As of today we have 36 rigs booked, see updated Rally Roster PDF below. Most every one is coming in sometime Thursday with a few folks coming Friday after work. Working out the details on the t-shirts and on the design and will post here and contact rally goers with the final cost as soon as I have it, as of right now it looks like about 35 shirts. Also looks like everyone is bringing something to the fish fry so we should have plenty of side dishes, desserts and someone is bringing paper plates, cups, etc. I don't know if I mentioned this yet but please bring your own beverage (non alcoholic) per campground rules. Also, per Riverbend Campground's rules you can have alcohol own your own site but you may NOT have alcohol anywhere else in the campground, this includes common areas. Disclaimer: We are not responsible for anyone who violates Riverbend Campground's rules or Georgia laws.

Also, I believe I failed to mentioned this item previously, but children and/or grandchildren are welcomed as we want this to be a family type event for all ages and remember it is important to pass on the camping experience to the younger generations...especially with all the technology these days todays kids need to experience the outdoors and being "unplugged" from the ipad, laptop, tv, etc. just remember your own camping experiences as a kid...and I know our 3 yr old son would enjoy the company of kids his own age...

and last but not least:
RALLY TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (SUBJECT TO CHANGES):
Thursday afternoon arrival - Get your name tags at site C1 and meet & greet in the river side common area adjacent to C1 (bring a chair)

Thursday night 6PM -
Fish Fry at the Pavillion (bring a side dish or dessert and your own beverage - sorry no alcohol per campground rules)

Friday morning 8AM-10AM - common areas - coffee & conversation

Friday 1PM - (location TBD) mods discussion - if you have a cool mod, renovation or restoration and you would like to share the details about how you did it with the group let us know! Can be anything from a simple add on to something more complex like a solar panel setup...

Friday Afternoon 4PM - Horseshoes & Corn Hole anyone?

Friday Night - We opted not to do a pot luck on Friday night to allow time for campers to enjoy a meal at their own site and to socialize with their neighbors...

Saturday Morning - 8AM to 10AM common areas - coffee & conversation

Saturday - 10AM - 2PM Egg Open House/Viewing (ribbons or signs will be available for display)

Saturday Night 6 PM - Potluck at the pavilion

Saturday Night - at dusk (location to be determined) campfire discussion for next years 2017 rally

Sunday Morning - 8AM to 10AM common areas - coffee & good byes

If you have any suggestions, requests or questions please PM, email or call me...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rally Roster.pdf (189.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-28-2016, 06:05 AM   #88

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2010 scamp 13ft
Tennessee
Sounds like you have a good plan going. See ya.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
msawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:47 AM   #89

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Johnny. You called asking about the fish fry and what we will bring. Cole slaw will go great with fried fish and hush puppies.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #90

Deep South
Unfortunately Jane H. sent me a PM that she had to cancel due to issues with her TV. She was in C-3 and I have a call in to Riverbend to confirm if she did in fact cancel her site reservation. She was going to bring paper plates, cups and utensils to the fish fry so if someone else wants to bring any of these items please contact me.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #91

SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
Unfortunately Jane H. sent me a PM that she had to cancel due to issues with her TV. She was in C-3 and I have a call in to Riverbend to confirm if she did in fact cancel her site reservation. She was going to bring paper plates, cups and utensils to the fish fry so if someone else wants to bring any of these items please contact me.
I can bring those if you'll let me know how many.

And Jane. Sorry we won't get to meet you. I hope the patient recovers in time to enable some Summer fun.

Walt
Old 05-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #92

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I can bring those if you'll let me know how many.

And Jane. Sorry we won't get to meet you. I hope the patient recovers in time to enable some Summer fun.

Walt
Thanks Walt, I appreciate your willingness to step up! Right now we have 35 sites, most are couples but some are coming solo, so I don't know the exact number of people. We can bring some as well if you just want to bring 1 or 2 of the 4 items (plates, cups, plastic ware, napkins). I'm sure what doesn't get used at the fish fry Thursday will get used at the pot luck Saturday...I think we already have a good supply of the plastic ware on hand.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #93

SW Virginia
You're welcome Johnny. This'll save me having to think of a food item to bring for the fish fry. LOL
I'll handle all 4, no problem.

Walt
Old 05-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #94

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
I took site C3, so my Bigfoot mentor - Walt in C4- is going to have to put up with me again.

I'll bring the rest of the four items on your list if you tell me what to bring.

jack
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #95

SW Virginia
Sorry Jack, those 4 are mine, mine,mine.
It'll be good to see you again.

Walt
Old 05-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #96

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewater View Post
I took site C3, so my Bigfoot mentor - Walt in C4- is going to have to put up with me again.

I'll bring the rest of the four items on your list if you tell me what to bring.

jack
Jack, can you PM me your last name, what state you are from, email address and phone number? Also will you be at the fish fry? Get with Walt, he said he was going to bring them so you guys can work that out just keep me posted.

Thank you,
John
Rally Host
Old 05-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #97

Deep South
I picked up the shirts yesterday and just finished the design so they are ready to print...I am really happy with the design...does everyone want to see the design now or wait for the rally?
Old 05-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #98

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Sorry Jack, those 4 are mine, mine,mine.
It'll be good to see you again.

Walt
Walt, are you still doing the Sumi Salad?
Old 05-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #99

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
We old folks need more fruit. I'll bring cantaloupe for 40 people.

jack
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #100

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewater View Post
We old folks need more fruit. I'll bring cantaloupe for 40 people.

jack
Great Jack, we love cantaloupe!