NC 2016, Oct 7-10: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #41

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Glad to hear you got the info and thanks for being patiently persistent.

If any other participants have not received the Schedule of Events and some detailed info on the rally (sent via email about a month ago), please check your spam folder. If it's not there, than please contact me and I'll be happy to resend it.

Camp Hatteras notified me a few days ago that they moved a few people's sites to consolidate the rally together more. I just got back this afternoon to NC from two weeks of rallies and being on the road, so I'll reconcile the two reservation lists tonight and notify those who got switched into another site tomorrow.

In fact, all participants will get a follow-up email from me tomorrow.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #42

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Hidalga... I'd love to attend... but Sea shells in the wheel wells of my egg shell doesn't really appeal. LoL!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #43

Name: Kelly
Trailer: '75 Trillium 1300
Arizona
I still plan to sign up. I plan to get in front of the computer and do so after the kids are in bed tonight.
Look forward to meeting new folks!
Kelly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #44

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Hidalga... I'd love to attend... but Sea shells in the wheel wells of my egg shell doesn't really appeal. LoL!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
You're so cute, Alf. Don't run over the shells, just park next to them on your concrete site pad.

And Kelly, it's great to hear you're planning to come. Bring the Trillium, pets, extended family, everyone! Looking forward to having you join us.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:20 AM   #45

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Casita Independence "Callimachusita"
Ocean City, NJ
Clean Casita

I wanted to make sure I had a clean trailer for the pictures. I emailed Camp Hatteras about washing our trailers when we get there. We will be able to wash our trailers in our sites for a fee of $10

"Good morning Gordon,

We do allow you to wash your camper for a fee of $10.00 at your site.

Thanks,

David P."
Pod Puppies: Josie and Frankie, Casita Kittens: Madison & Razzel & Mrs. Chow
librarianocnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #46

NA
Hurricane Matthew Updates

For the latest on Hurricane Matthew and how it affects the rally, please go to Eggshells in The Outer Banks Web Site:

Eggshells in The Outer Banks Fiberglass RV Rally
Old 10-02-2016, 09:54 PM   #47

Name: Kelly
Trailer: '75 Trillium 1300
Arizona
I still haven't signed up because I've been fearful of Matthew. Would it be too late if I waited until last minute?
Kelly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:18 AM   #48

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly H View Post
I still haven't signed up because I've been fearful of Matthew. Would it be too late if I waited until last minute?
Hi Kelly,
Thanks for checking in. I'll post no later than tomorrow eve (Tuesday) whether the rally is cancelled or not. We don't want to make a premature call with this hurricane's unpredictability, but if the rally is going to be cancelled, we want to give participants advance notice to make other weekend arrangements.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:26 PM   #49

NA
Arrgh, matey! The seas are angry.

We’re cancelling Eggshells in The Outer Banks 2016. Hurricane Matthew continues trajectory towards Eastern North Carolina, and even if it deviates in the next day, the wind and rain will still affect Hatteras Island over the weekend.

For those of you who would like to go to the 2017 rally, we’ve already reserved the conference center. Rally dates are October 6-9, 2017, on Columbus Day Weekend.

If you want to transfer your deposit to next year’s rally, just call Camp Hatteras. If you’re unsure of your schedule for next year, please contact Camp Hatteras to receive a deposit refund. We’re planning a larger, 2017 rally with a lot to offer.

Please be safe this weekend with your eggs and batten down the hatches. We’ll see y’all on the sandbar next year!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #50
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
As I recall that campground took a big hit a few years back. Hopefully the storm will head out to sea before it gets near.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #51

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
As I recall that campground took a big hit a few years back. Hopefully the storm will head out to sea before it gets near.
I haven't checked in with Camp Hatteras since just before the hurricane came in, but if they did take a hit, they're the camp that will only rebuild stronger and better. That's why they were chosen to host the rally. They have a tremendous amount to offer.

After evacuating out-of-state, I just pulled back into NC today via alternate routes, as I-95 is still shut down due to flooding. My next days are filled with replacing elderly ladies shingles on their roofs and being of console to friends who are recovering dozens of bodies from floodwaters. There will be more discovered fatalities in the days to come as floodwaters recede.

Soon I will catch up with y'all and post our new Oct. 6-9, 2017 thread of Eggshells in the Outer Banks. Please give some time for my friends and community.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:10 AM   #52

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
My prayers go out to all those impacted.....human and animals.