FL 2016, Oct 7-9: Jam 'N Eggs - A North Florida Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #1

Name: Charles
Trailer: Casita
Florida
2016, Oct 7-9: Jam 'N Eggs - A North Florida Gathering

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7l...ew?usp=sharing

Hi folks. I thought I had posted this here weeks ago, but realize I just added it to the calendar. As a new to me Casita owner (2003 Liberty Deluxe 17'), it didn't take long to want to host a gathering. My family runs a campground in north Florida called the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park. It is a huge place, with nearly 1000 acres all told of 'original Florida'. It is situated on the historic Suwannee River of course, and there is canoeing, hiking, a wonderful white sand beach, disc golf, and lots of little surprises like two honest to goodness treehouses, made famous by the Treehouse Guys TV show on DIY network. The park hosts huge music festivals throughout the year, and I selected October 7-9, 2016 as it was one of the few free weekends on the schedule this fall. Unfortunately that does conflict with some other gatherings, but it is a perfect time of year for 'egging'. We have 30 sites reserved, and about half are spoken for. We can expand if needed. I am calling the event Jam 'n Eggs, as we have music jam sessions every weekend, and we'll gather near the eggs at least one night during the event to do some pickin' and grinnin'. Please bring your instruments and join us. There will also be live music in our music hall each night. If it comes through, the image above has more details. You can feel free to text me at 904 - Too OH 6 - 9 ate for one and I'll get back to you shortly. Reservations are best placed with the park office at 386-364-1683. They are offering a discount for the event (ask for the Egg Rally). I will be adding a tour package soon, that may include features like a canoe trip, treehouse tours, and a golf cart rental. Can't wait to meet all! Charles Cornett
Home | Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park & Campground
Please join the Facebook page for quickest updates on the event.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1751329231749640/?
active_tab=posts
bookernoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
links are not working .
Old 08-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #3

Florida
Still learning how to do all these forums. Hopefully the poster will come through here.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
we would love to make it , but we have a wedding to attend , hope you will have it again next year ,we will make it thanks
Old 08-10-2016, 06:37 AM   #5

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Wish we could make it too, but like Herschel, we have a previous engagement. You're in a beautiful part of Florida, and October is perfect camping time there. Our son was at Hulaween last year, and we were camped nearby on our way to Lakeland. If you host Jam 'n Eggs next year, we'll be there!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Same here. Many rallies require that reservations be made well in advance. I had already booked reservations for the LBL rally, unfortunately at the same time as yours. Please post after the first rally if you will do s second one. That way, we can make plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-17-2016, 05:59 AM   #7

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Florida
Calling today to reserve. Bringing a bass of some kind - whatever will fit in a 17' Casita.
DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:12 AM   #8
buk

Name: Chris
Trailer: Trillium
Florida
Would like to make it, just not sure the Trillium will be back together by then. With a bit of luck, maybe it will happen...
buk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #9

Trailer: Toet
Florida
We are attending. I j7st made the r3servations today. We are going to our first meet up with other like campers. So excited to meet you all!
Toet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #10

Florida
We are attending. I just made the reservations today. We are going to our first meet up with other like campers. So excited to meet you all!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #11

Florida
We are attending. I just made the reservations today. We are going to our first meet up with other like campers. So excited to meet you all!
Old 08-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toet101 View Post
It will be my first too!
Old 09-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #13

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
Suwanee Rendezvous

Charles,
Thanks for taking the initiative to organize this event. The venue and activities sound like they will add up to a good time. Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend due to prior commitment.
IF you should plan a similar event for next year, we would be highly interested in booking it.
Deb
Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:15 AM   #14

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Georgia
We're in! Three camperloads from Atlanta. A Trillium, a U-Haul, and a Scamp, all 13s.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Martins HeirCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #15

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Sorry wish we could make it but already had conflicting reservations. Will try next year.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:29 AM   #16

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita 17
Florida
We are in. Steve & Hilde, with our 17 Casita , might even bring my Taylor Guitar. See you all there.
oldsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #17

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsteve View Post
We are in. Steve & Hilde, with our 17 Casita , might even bring my Taylor Guitar. See you all there.
Excellent; more pickers, more music.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:45 AM   #18

Florida
We're still hoping that Hurricane Matthew decides to veer farther east, but if the current track holds we would be running alongside him up the peninsula to Live Oak. Should have a better idea by later today what our weekend plans will be.

National Hurricane Center
Old 10-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #19

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBreez View Post
We're still hoping that Hurricane Matthew decides to veer farther east, but if the current track holds we would be running alongside him up the peninsula to Live Oak. Should have a better idea by later today what our weekend plans will be.

National Hurricane Center
I was guessing you'd be running off anyway, and you gotta run by here either way. Safe travels to you regardless.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #20

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookernoe View Post
I was guessing you'd be running off anyway, and you gotta run by here either way. Safe travels to you regardless.
Thanks. We're actually south and west of the current "cone of doom" so no worries about hunkering down here (our house survived Andrew.) Would prefer to not be out on the road in tropical storm conditions, tho. May be able delay departure until Saturday and stay through Monday... we shall see.