NY 2016, Sept 23-27 NORTHEAST GATHERING- SCHODACK ISLAND NYSP - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-10-2016, 06:02 PM   #43

Name: Ann & Mike
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Delux
New York
Hi All,
I am so proud of everyone, in two days we have a complete menu and ideas on what to do.
Next reply I post should only have odds and ends.
Have a good feeling this will be a wonderful GATHERING.
Bye for now
Ann

Old 09-13-2016, 06:14 AM   #44

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy46 View Post
Hi Jane and Mr Lynn,

I see you are coming Sunday afternoon , would you know the approximate time?
It would help decide what time we should have the Potluck Lupper.

Thanks,
Ann
Howdy Ann—

We'll shoot for 1 PM, but we're sometimes slow getting off the line, so could be later. The website says check-in time is 3 PM, but I assume it would be OK if we got in earlier.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"

Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass

Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern • WHRB-FM, 95.3 FM, Cambridge, MA • Streaming at WHRB.org
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:38 AM   #45

New York
Hi Mr Lynn
NYSPs are quite good about check in. We usually arrive some where after noon and as long as the the site is ready they let us in.
When I spoke to the attendant regarding the shelters they seemed very nice.
Ann
Old 09-13-2016, 06:40 PM   #46

Name: Eileen
Trailer: 2015 Casita SD 17
Florida
Just saw this and am so sorry to miss it.
We just setup at Schodack Landing SP today (site 26)for a week long stay, and have reservations at Letchworth starting the 20th.
Hope you meet again next year!!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #47

Name: Burt
Trailer: in the market
Connecticut
Hi, new member who is interested in fiberglass trailer. Is it ok to come to the rally in new York to meet some owners and learn about these trailers?
I live in conn (about two hour drive). Which day would be best to come?
thank you

Burt
Old 09-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #48

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by global2edg View Post
Just saw this and am so sorry to miss it.
We just setup at Schodack Landing SP today (site 26)for a week long stay, and have reservations at Letchworth starting the 20th.
Hope you meet again next year!!
Schodack is less than a half hour from us. Is this your first time there Eileen. We went and looked at it about a month ago , just before this rally was announced.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:05 PM   #49

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr burt View Post
Hi, new member who is interested in fiberglass trailer. Is it ok to come to the rally in new York to meet some owners and learn about these trailers?
I live in conn (about two hour drive). Which day would be best to come?
thank you

Burt
Hi Burt,
Welcome to fiberglass rv.com. I'm sure I speak for everyone, yes of course you may come to look, learn and enjoy Egg Owners. Sunday would probably be best since All should be there and we are having a Potluck Lupper (Lunch/Supper) in the afternoon.
Bye, see you soon
Grammy46 Ann
Old 09-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #50

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Oswego, NY
Registry
Since it appears that the Pot Luck will be Sunday, I just added Sunday night to my reservation. See you there!

Jon
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:35 PM   #51

Massachusetts
Hey, we just realized that the Presidential Debate is Monday evening, the 26th. We were planning to stay that night, but don't want to miss it. The TV that came with our Casita requires 110V AC. I'm assuming there's no wireless. But if cellular access is good, we could stream it and watch on laptop via iPhone hotspot. Can even bring an extra 12V battery, if necessary. . .

Anyone know how good the Verizon cellular signal is? It's pretty close to Hudson and other towns, so I would think it decent.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"

Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern • WHRB-FM, 95.3 FM, Cambridge, MA • Streaming at WHRB.org
Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 PM   #52

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The TV that came with our Casita requires 110V AC. I'm assuming there's no wireless. But if cellular access is good, we could stream it and watch on laptop via iPhone hotspot. Can even bring an extra 12V battery, if necessary. . .

Anyone know how good the Verizon cellular signal is? It's pretty close to Hudson and other towns, so I would think it decent.

/Mr Lynn[/QUOTE]

Closer to Albany than Hudson so Verizon should be good. Does your trailer have a TV antenna? Site has 110 power so why not use the TV
Old 09-16-2016, 07:33 PM   #53

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Closer to Albany than Hudson so Verizon should be good. Does your trailer have a TV antenna? Site has 110 power so why not use the TV
We do have an antenna, so if the signal's good, shouldn't be a problem. The TV bracket came apart on the way home from last trip, so I'll need to fix that.

I wasn't aware the sites had electricity (Jane did the booking, and she didn't remember). Do you know if they are 30A hookups?

Thanks for the quick response.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"

Old 09-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #54

New York
according to Reserve America there is 50 amp at the site, so generally there will be a 30 and a 20A outlets also. Our Casita has the rear corner TV shelf. I had to make a couple modifications to keep it from bouncing off when traveling. TV lays on the bed
Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 AM   #55

Name: Brett
Trailer: Scamp 13'
New York
I will be attending too. It is just me and my Scamp. I will be at site 31, arriving Friday, leaving Monday.

I am not sure what I will bring to the pot-luck yet.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #56

New York
Any update on number of attendees over previous number of 7? Number of people? That would help us plan amount of food to bring for potluck.