KS 2016, Sept 7-11: Kansas Eggstravaganza IX - plus pre-rally, Sept 5-6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
2016, Sept 7-11: Kansas Eggstravaganza IX - plus pre-rally, Sept 5-6

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX is a only 6 months away.

Reservations can be made at Farnum Creek Campground 6 months (to the day) prior to the first day of your reservation. Make your reservations at:

Facility Details Booking Window - FARNUM CREEK, KS - Recreation.gov

Then please e-mail me to tell me your information: tommcrae85@yahoo.com

Names
Site #
Dates
Anything else you want me to know

Our gathering is for Fiberglass campers and friends. Come as soon as you can, stay as long as you can, participate as much or as little as you like.

The Pre Rally Get-together: Mon, Sept 5 – Tues, Sept 6, 2016 (no agenda, just visiting and impromptu activities.)

The "Official" Rally:Wed, Sept 7 – Sun, Sept 11, 2016

There is no registration fee for the rally.

The Pizza Party worked out so well last year, we will do it again this year. A donation will be collected to cover the cost of the pizza. If you wish, you can also add a little to help cover the other costs of our gathering, but please do not get carried away. We really don't spend that much.

Please check out our Facebook Page and give us a "Like" at:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/KansasEggstravaganza

Tom
Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #2

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
Tom,
I see the booking window opens up in 2 days, does this rally book up pretty quick? We have never been to that campground, and it looks like a possibility. We need to get on the ball and do some spring, summer, and fall camping planning.

Stan from Tonganoxie
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:27 PM   #3

Stan,
The booking window is actually open now. As of a few minutes ago there are 11 sites available to reserve in A-Loop. I would recommend A-14, A-16 or A-19 as the other open sites are in full sun most of the day.

Check out our Facebook page for some pictures of the campground and past gatherings:
https://www.facebook.com/KansasEggstravaganza

Tom
Old 04-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #4

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX is only 5 months away.

There are still 8 sites available to reserve in A-Loop.

Make your reservations at:

Facility Details Booking Window - FARNUM CREEK, KS - Recreation.gov

Then please e-mail me to tell me your information:

Names, Site #, Email address, Dates attending, Anything else you want me to know

The Pre Rally Get-together: Mon, Sept 5 – Tues, Sept 6, 2016 (no agenda, just visiting and impromptu activities.)

The "Official" Rally: Wed, Sept 7 – Sun, Sept 11, 2016

Please check out ourFacebook Page and give us a "Like" at:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/KansasEggstravaganza

We are having the Rally Bags again this year--Let's share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. There will be a bag for each Rig so you can, if you wish, add something to each bag. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom's hint: Dollar Store) Itcan be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover our "treasures". Every rig will have a bag, but remember participate as much or as little as you like. No one is under an obligation to add something.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #5

Name: Pat63
Trailer: Snoozy
Indiana
I just tried to book a site and there is nothing available. Any hints?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
phowey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #6

For some reason the website does not find the vacant sites if you fill out all the information. Just put in the dates and select A-Loop or even leave it "any loop" and it will bring up the available sites. Not sure what the quirk in the system is, but it's government, what can I say.

I just checked and there are still 7 sites available in A-Loop. In addition there are 10 first come sites, many of which are vacant during the rally.

Looking forward to seeing you at our gathering.

Tom
Old 04-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #7

Name: Pat63
Trailer: Snoozy
Indiana
Booked Site#16

Thanks for the hint. I got it booked. Looking forward to it.
phowey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #8

Name: Holly
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Hello ! I just booked site #A28, I'm in a 17' Casita SD from NC, I was your neighbor at LBL a couple of years ago. Looking forward to this rally!
Will arrive on the 7th and leave on the 14th.
Holly Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #9

Holly, please e-mail me at tommcrae85@yahoo.com so I can add you to my mailing list. I do send out occasional updates. There is major highway construction at the I-70 and US 77 interchange. This will not be completed by the rally, so I will be sending info on how to avoid the construction closer to the rally date.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #10

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX May update

As of 1:00 pm 4/28/16 only one site is available to reserve. There are 10 sites that are available on a first come basis. I do not have names for 5 sites that are reserved. They may or may not be with our group.

No major changes are planned in the agenda this year. We have gone to lunch at El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant for the last 4 years. Is it time to change or do you want to stay there this year? Let me know what you think.

The pizza party worked out so well last year that we are going to have it again this year. A donation will be collected to cover the cost of the pizza.

We will have the Rally Bags again this year: Let’s share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. There will be a bag for each Rig so you can, if you wish, add something to each bag. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom’s hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover our “treasures”. It should not be a burden so remember to keep it simple and fun.

If you are coming to the rally be sure that you are on my e-mailing list so I can alert you to ways to avoid the major construction areas.

Hopefully some of the projects on US-77 between I-70 and Farnum Creek Campground will be completed by September. However, the reconfiguration of the I-70/US-77 interchange will not be. US-77 is being reconfigured into a diverging diamond Interchange under I-70. If you don’t know what that is you need to Google it because I don’t even want to try and explain it.

Tom
Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #11

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX July update.

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX July update.

I have 34 trailers signed up so far. There are no sites that can be reserved in A-Loop. That said, remember there are 10 First come sites (in the 5 years we have been at Farnum Creek there have always been open sites). B-Loop is also an option, but it does not have hook-ups.

If you are in (or know who is in) sites A-6 or A-20 please let me know.

Highway construction on US-77 through Junction City is still in progress at 4 places. I use the word progress loosely because little of it seems to be made. I do have hopes that 3 of the projects will be completed by the time of the rally.

The new Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market and new Ace Hardware Store Just off US-77 are open. Currently access is made difficult due to the closed East bound street at the intersection. That is one of the projects that I hope is finished before the rally.

We are having the Pizza Party on Friday night (bring your own soft drinks, beer or wine). A donation will be collected to cover the cost of the pizza

We are having the Rally Bags again this year--Let's share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. There will be a bag for each Rig so you can, if you wish, add something to each bag. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom's hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover our "treasures". Every rig will have a bag, but remember participate as much or as little as you like. No one is under an obligation to add something
Old 07-28-2016, 08:00 AM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Facebook page

Hi Tom, Newbie here, just bought a 13' Scamp. Haven't checked our schedule, but did check camp site and there were 2 spots still open. Anyway, thought we might be interested in participating and wanted more info. Thanks, Jim
jzaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #13

Jim,

I have sent you a PM
Old 08-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #14

7/8/16 7:45 PM. Just checked at Recreation.gov. It shows both A-007 and A-039 as available.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #15

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
We booked A39 this morning.
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #16

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX August update.

Kansas Eggstravaganza IX August update.

We are down to 33 trailers. Site 7 in A-Loop is available and one more site should open soon. There are 10 first come sites in A-loop. (For the 5 years we have been at Farnum Creek there have always been open first come sites.)

On Wednesday night we will have a Welcome Campfire, chat and Eckrich Smoked Sausage roast. Sausages, buns and condiments furnished. Please bring chips, beans or another side to share. The Smoked Sausage is provided courtesy Armour-Eckrich Meats,LLC. Junction City, KS.

As usual we will have Let's do lunch on Thursday. (Restaurant to be determined). In May I posted that we have gone to lunch at El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant for the last 4 years and ask if is it time to change or do you want to stay there this year? I could say that the vote was 2 to 1 to stay, but, I ONLY RECEIVED 3 RESPONSES. Places that can handle a large group timely are limited in Junction City. The one vote to move suggested a Chinese Buffet. The Family Buffet has both Chinese and American foods on its buffet lines. There is also another Mexican Restaurant and an Italian Restaurant that could handle the group. Joyce and I do not eat out often and it has been sometime since we have eaten at any of them so we cannot recommend any of them based on recent experience. Let me know what you prefer:

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant ; Family Buffet ; Bella's Italian Restaurant ; LaFiesta Mexican Restaurant

Highway construction on US-77 through Junction City is ongoing. I had hopes that some sections would be completed by the time of the rally, but those hopes have faded. There are sections where no work seems to be in progress, but remember work zone speed limits are still in effect and are enforced (fines doubled).

If you are coming on I-70, I recommend that you avoid the construction zones. If coming from the West take the Milford Lake Road exit and drive North to the 2nd stop sign, turn right and you will meet US-77 at the traffic light. If you are coming from the East Take the Grandview Plaza exit, keep right then make a left onto Flint Hills Blvd which becomes 6th street in Junction City. Turn right on Jackson Street and follow it until you meet US-77 at the traffic light.

We will have the Pizza Party on Friday night (bring your own soft drinks, beer or wine) A donation will be collected to cover the cost of the pizza.