MN 2016 Sept 8,9,10 Lake Bemidji State Park - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #15

Name: Linda
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 16 ft, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Minnesota
As a first time attendee to any kind of rally, any suggestions or things I should know? Thanks!

Old 05-26-2016, 08:52 PM   #16

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Linda,

The people at the Scrambled Eggs gatherings are all great people.

Bring your camp chair to sit around and visit. Coffee starts at 5:00 am. The one time I stumbled over early in the morning I was the only woman not asleep.

If you play any music instrument or sing be sure to participate.

At pot luck you bring your own drink, plate, and silverware. There is nothing planned, people just bring something to share.
At this gathering we will have the dining hall available so you will not need to lug your camp chair to anything that happens there.

You are welcome to attend anything planned (this is not organized but there should be something happening besides music.). Do not feel obligated to participle if you would prefer to go off on your own.

At some gatherings we have a white elephant gift thing. I usually keep something in my trailer in case something like that is happening. This is very optional, and there is no plan at this gathering for one of those events. Just letting you know I keep something in the trailer for when a "gift" might be acceptable. I'll never forget the tea I provided once. The lucky person who won my tin of tea opened the thing, sniffed it, and made an awful face.

Please just bring yourself and have a good time. I'll post closer to the date some activities we might have happening.

Nancy

Old 05-27-2016, 12:25 AM   #17

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe Remodeled
Minnesota
It's been a while, is there a place to register so you can keep a head count? If I recall, last time there was a place for us to sign in and post our info. If so, I can't find it. Thanks
God's Country, Northern Minnesota
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #18

Mary Ann,

This is not an organized event. There is no host keeping track of who is coming. We will all be surprised to see who attends. We have been doing this in the spring at Mille Lacs and find it much more relaxing than putting the burden on someone to host an event. Same reward, less work.

Nancy
Old 05-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #19

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 16 ft, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Minnesota
Thank you so much for the info Nancy!! If you see a happy, white and red merle Aussie (he was born deaf and blind), I will be the one at the other end of the leash!
Old 05-27-2016, 04:38 PM   #20

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
Did some juggling and now Shirley and I will be there for Friday and Saturday nights. We booked site 51. Will leave Winnipeg to make it to the USA Border at Tolstoi/Langcaster for 8am when they open, and hopefully the camp office will let us in before 4pm.

Rick and Shirley
Old 05-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #21

Linda, I sent you a private message. If you haven't used this feature access is at the top where you sign in.

Rick and Shirley, glad you will be able to make it. If your campsite can not be occupied early there is a large parking lot near the dining hall until your site is empty....I see no reason why anyone would be in that site the night before.

Nancy
Old 06-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #22

Trailer: 1962 Avion, 1959 Airstream, 1998 Casita 16' SD
Minnesota
Bemidji rally

Thanks for organizing this! I just bought my Casita last year and haven't made it to any rallies yet. We won't be able to attend this one either, but we hope to in the future. So many fun things to do and so little time!Linda
Albany, MN
Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #23

Name: Lyndon
Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Minnesota
Fredand Nancy,Thanks for the last minute finding us a place to do our fall thing and I will surley do my part as best I can with cowboy coffee sometime after 5 each morning and pop corn as needed. I will also do a camp stew for Friday MEET AND GREET .at 5 in the after noon. spoons and bowls funished. I am sure we will have a CARD BINGO at sometime. And white elephant give away so if you have some treasured item that you will find it hard to live without bring it along and let someone else enjoy it. SEE YAALL THEN "BIBBS"
Old 07-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #24

There are still about 8 electric sites available. If you want to arrive without reservations I would think there will be non electric sites available if the electric do get reserved. Check back closer to the date if you do come without reservations.

Nancy
Old 08-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #25

September 8,9,10

Wednesday the 7th. It sounds like there may be a few early arrivals. There are also two couples who will be there the entire week.

Thursday the 8th at 5:00pm:
There will be a crock pot or two full of wild rice chicken stew/soup. One pot will be gluten and lactose free, the other will be cream based. Diane will bring her excellent bread. Leftover will be in Saturday pot luck. Bring your beverage. Plastic spoons and bowls will be available. If rainy, look for food in the CLAM.

Friday the 9th:
5:30am Cowboy coffee starts at Lyndon's site.

9:00am If interested, join us in a walk on the scenic paved handicap accessible path. Walk whatever distance you like.

11:00am Slim's Bar and Grill - Home Page 142 Anne Street NE. Some of us will go to Slim's for an excellent hamburger. They also have a soup of the day. Slim's is accessible to get in and out of, but the bathrooms are *not*ADA compliant. There are not even grab bars. If we have more than 15 interested, Nancy needs a headcount.

5:00pm Lyndon is organizing a Meet and Greet Chili Dump. Bring a can of MILD chili to add to the pot; or just come without bringing chili, there will be plenty. Spices and toppings for the chili will be available. There will also be dutch oven corn bread provided. Bring your beverage. Plastic spoons and bowls provided. This will take place either at Lyndon's site or the Dining Hall.

In the evening, we look forward to our musicians and story-tellers entertaining us.

Saturday the 10th:
5:30am Cowboy coffee at Lyndon's place.

9:00am Bernie's waffles, Hartman's sausage and eggs. Bring your beverage. In the Dining Hall.

10:00am There is a park sponsored bicycle ride for anyone interested.

5:00pm Pot Luck in the Dining Hall. Bring something to share, your eating utensils and beverage.

Evening music and story-telling, probably in the Dining Hall.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #26

Site map as of Aug 23

There are 4 electric sites still available.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #27

Name: Stacey
Trailer: Scamp 2001 16' Deluxe
Minnesota
Just made a reservation! I got my Scamp in July, so this will be my first gathering. Sounds like fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #28

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16'
Minnesota
Minnesota Meet Up

Getting excited about the upcoming FGRV meet up in Bemidji and getting to know some other campers! I got my Scamp in March, have been working on getting my truck and trailer ready to go to Quartzsite this winter!
Just looked at a map last week and was surprised how far it is from the Twin Cities...think my brain was picturing Brainerd ..
Looking foreward to meeting everyone!