ID 2017, Aug 2-6: Yellow Pine, ID Music Festival - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 96 Casita Spirit Delux 16 ft
2017, Aug 2-6: Yellow Pine, ID Music Festival

Yellow Pine Music Festival
About this time each year I post an invitation for anyone in the northern Utah region (or anyplace within driving distance) to join us for a trip to a lovely little village located in the Salmon River Mountains of Idaho. Our destination is the tiny village of Yellow Pine, where each year during the first full weekend there is a harmonica and music festival that is like no other. Like no other because the parking, camping and the music are all FREE. The money you will spend is on food and whatever at the numerous concession stands along Main Street.

Artists are from all over. The music tends to be C&W and quite good as many of these artists play professionally. This a family oriented event.

Even if you don’t like the music the trip up there is worth it because of the quality of the scenery. We follow the river for much of the last part of the trip. I have selected a couple of You Tube clips made by others for an example. Also a couple of my own photos to show you where we camp. Last year we had four Casitas. We all hung together and all had a great time.

We like to caravan up and we camp one night on the way up. We will be leaving Salt Lake City on the morning of Wednesday 2nd August. If you’re coming from some other direction look for us in the National Forest free camp area near Main Street. If you go to one of these events, I think you’ll want to return again and again – as Betsy and I do.

This invitation is to molded fiberglass trailers of all types. Aw heck, anyone is welcome.

Camping is in the forest and without hookups. They provide a watering station where you can fill your trailer tank or containers to take back to your trailer. There is no dump station. Port-a-potties are provided throughout the camping areas (many of which are on the river) and the town.

If you would like to join this fun trip please respond to this post. If you come along it would be very helpful if you have hand held radios that are FRS (family radio service) capable –walkie-talkies.

I will attempt to add photos or links at the bottom of this post.

Don in UT

https://www.yellowpinefestival.org/

Doninut is offline   Reply With Quote