NC 2017, Oct 12-14 Cherokee Fall Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2017, 12:05 PM   #21

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Tim, so glad you and Nancy will be joining us in Cherokee! Yes, this will be our first time to attend the OBX rally; looking forward to a fun time at both. It looks like the weather is going to be perfect for both!
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #22

Name: Tim
Trailer: Burro 13' trailer
North Carolina
Registry
We'll look to hearing about the OBX rally.
traffensperger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #23

North Carolina
Rhonda and I are all settled in at the OBX Seashell Rally so I thought I would take a minute and post an agenda for next weeks Cherokee Rally. To keep a relaxed atmosphere all meetings will be at site # 81 and will start at 6 pm. Wednesday night there will be an Early Bird meet and greet; bring a snack and your favorite beverage and gather around the fire for a time of fellowship. Thursday evening will be the official meet and greet; Rhonda's cooking a large pot of chicken corn soup. All desserts and add two's are welcome. Friday evening will be hot dogs and smores around the fire and Saturday evening we will have a pot luck dinner. Looking forward to seeing everyone; and wishing all safe travels!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #24

Name: Tim
Trailer: Burro 13' trailer
North Carolina
Registry
Sounds good, can't wait. We'll be coming in on Thursday.
traffensperger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:44 PM   #25

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
As the OBX Rally is in full swing, I want to thank George and Rhonda for attending.

The both of you are awesome sports. I don't think Cherokee could ask for better hosts for this year's rally. George and Rhonda know how to laugh, participate and kick up the fun!

For anyone going to the Cherokee rally next week, be honored to have such great coordinators.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #26

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Looking forward to Tim, Nancy, George and the rest of the crew.
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #27

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Thanks for the update George. Have been busy again this year with My Vanner hobby, in fact was in Cherokee last w/e. Haven't looked at this site in awhile.
As noted last year, Jill and I will be back in #83 on Thursday the 12th. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
PS The 83 Burro is for sale as We are keeping the 84 UHaul.
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:29 AM   #28

North Carolina
Jim, don't tell me it's so, selling the Burro! We look forward to seeing you on Thursday...
Old 10-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #29

North Carolina
I'm happy to report that the 9th annual Fall rally at Cherokee was a success! The weather was great and the fellowship between all was even better. We had a total of 21 units present with 37 attendees. We are still working on the pictures and will post soon; however I wanted to take time to thank all of those who came out and made this rally successful! The dates for next years "FALL--ing for Fiberglass" rally, Oct 11-13 have been set and Happy Holiday RV Park are taking reservations with 13 sites already reserved. Be sure to mention the egg rally when registering for a 20% discount on all nights stayed. Again thanks to all and safe travels..George & Rhonda
Old 10-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #30

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
missed

dang I missed this would have been a good trip. My back not fully healed yet so maybe next year.

you guys had entirely too much fun. keep us posted!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #31

North Carolina
Bob, it was a great time, hope you can make it next year!
Old 10-20-2017, 04:56 AM   #32

Name: Pat
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Thank you, George and Rhonda, for being wonderful hosts! This was our first rally and it was fabulous!! We enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing all the different campers. Really liked our evening gatherings at your site! Looking forward to next year's rally! We even went ahead and reserved our spot.

The campground was wonderful and the hot showers were even great! We enjoyed eating at Granny's Kitchen (great lunch buffet for about $9 pp). One day we went exploring to Bryson City and Clingman's Dome. On Saturday we hit the antique stores of Franklin. It was the perfect weekend!
Pat H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #33

North Carolina
Pat, so glad that you and Don enjoyed yourselves. Yes, it was the perfect weekend and there is so much to see and do in the area. We love the Smokey Mountains in the Autumn season.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #34

Missouri
pat h I have climbed Clingmans Dome 2x once when I was 22 there other when I was 33. At 75 and 3 back surgeries no way I could get up there but oh my what a view worth every step.

what a great country we have!!

bob
Old 10-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #35

Missouri
George is there anyway I can mooch in there next year or willi have to pay full boat? Can I be a paid attendee? I can come up with something to make presentation on! How about water pumps and thermostats I am now an expert on those!

bob

Tags
fall, rally