NC 2017, Oct 12-14 Cherokee Fall Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
2017, Oct 12-14 Cherokee Fall Rally

Thanks for all the interest and the answer is yes, we are planning a gathering of "egg campers" in the Smokey Mountains, of NC in the fall of 2017. The site: Happy Holiday RV Park, 1553 Wolfetown Rd. Whittier, NC 28789. You can call 877-782-2765 for reservations and be sure to mention you are with the "Egg Rally" to receive your discounted rate for all nights stayed. My wife Rhonda and I will serve as the unofficial/ official host for this year's event. The plan is to keep a relaxed agenda with plenty of time to enjoy the majestic scenery of Autumn in the Smokey Mountains, along with a great time of fellowship among our friends in the Fiberglass RV community. So make your reservations and come join us and help make this rally a success; Hope to see you there!
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #2

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
George and Rhonda are great hosts - you will have a good time. Sorry I will not make it this year.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #3

North Carolina
So sorry Bryan
Old 06-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #4

Name: Sara
Trailer: I'm now married to a 16 Foot 93 Scamp!
Florida
Talking Great news

This is great news for me. I am hoping to have my Scamp modifications sufficiently completed by October and since I have family in NC, this would be an ideal first run on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Thanks for all the interest and the answer is yes, we are planning a gathering of "egg campers" in the Smokey Mountains, of NC in the fall of 2017. The site: Happy Holiday RV Park, 1553 Wolfetown Rd. Whittier, NC 28789. You can call 877-782-2765 for reservations and be sure to mention you are with the "Egg Rally" to receive your discounted rate for all nights stayed. My wife Rhonda and I will serve as the unofficial/ official host for this year's event. The plan is to keep a relaxed agenda with plenty of time to enjoy the majestic scenery of Autumn in the Smokey Mountains, along with a great time of fellowship among our friends in the Fiberglass RV community. So make your reservations and come join us and help make this rally a success; Hope to see you there!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
As a local myself, there is a lot to see in western NC in October. Asheville of course is booming! Waynesville (where I live) has a great downtown, lots of shops, several microbrews, restaurants, and more.

Once you visit, you may just decide to move here! That's what happened to us.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #6

Name: Sara
Trailer: I'm now married to a 16 Foot 93 Scamp!
Florida
Smile mountainloversRus

Hello mountain man !
I relocated to Asheville in 1998 and moved back to Florida in 2003 when my mother became ill and needed me. I find myself short on words to express how much I miss living there.

Yes . . . the area is indeed gorgeous! However, what I miss is the people. Before relocating, I truly believed I was a very nice lady until I moved to Asheville and discovered I did not know the meaning of "nice lady". When I moved back to south Florida I had panic attacks for several months. The city dweller lady with jungle survival skills had become a soft, sweet, well mannered human being and had tremendous difficulty re-adjusting. Fortunately, I survived the re-adjustment period without compromising or leaving behind the kindness of the people of North Carolina. My brother lives in Asheville and who knows . . . I might just move back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
As a local myself, there is a lot to see in western NC in October. Asheville of course is booming! Waynesville (where I live) has a great downtown, lots of shops, several microbrews, restaurants, and more.

Once you visit, you may just decide to move here! That's what happened to us.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #7

North Carolina
Cybercuban, you should go ahead and make reservations if you have not already, just to hold a site. Hope to see you there!
Old 07-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #8

Name: Mark
Trailer: In the market
North Carolina
Hi,
My wife and I do not have a camper yet, we have looked at a Casita, Escape and a couple Oliver's. We booked the Bear cabin for this rally and we are looking forward to meeting all and getting to know the camping world better.
So far the Oliver has really gotten our attention. See everyone at the rally and look forward to all your expertise.

Thanks, Mark and Pam
MSURRATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #9

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
I hope the management at that CG has changed. We attended the fiberglass rally there a couple of years ago and they were the rudest and most unorganized folks I've ever met. Other than that, the campground was beautiful and the rally was great.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #10

North Carolina
Mark and Pam, it will be great to have you join us. It will be a great opportunity to view the different models to help you on your quest to finding the right FG unit for you. On a note, if you can, bring a couple of folding chairs to join us at our meet and greets each evening. It's a great time to meet and interact with some of the most friendly people on the face of the planet.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:23 AM   #11

North Carolina
Steve, so sorry that your past visit was not pleasing and left you feeling dissatisfied and I can not comment, not knowing the details. I can only say that we have never experienced any such behavior in the 5 years we have attended. We would be glad to have you join us this year if you have no other scheduled plans.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:47 PM   #12

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I found the staff at the campground to be quite helpful in all my dealings with them last year - never rude or short with me or anyone else I spoke with.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #13

North Carolina
August is coming to a close and the Fall Rally is fast approaching! Thanks to all of you who responded to my personal email; Rhonda and I look forward to seeing and spending time with you all. To those of you who have not yet made plans for Fall camping consider joining us in Cherokee.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #14

North Carolina
Thanks Todd R. And welcome; I did receive your message. Looking forward to spending time with you and your wife. Rhonda and I will be traveling for the next 6 weeks and coming directly from the Eggshell rally at the OBX, NC to Cherokee. However we will be posting a rally agenda in the near future. Happy Camping everyone!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #15

Name: Pat
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Just reserved a site for my hubby Don and myself (Pat). We have never been to a rally and are interested to see what this is all about.

We have a 2002 16' Casita and love it.

Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Don and Pat
Greenville, SC
Pat H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #16

North Carolina
Welcome Don and Pat! You will love the fellowship of others who share the love of FG campers. Look forward to meeting you!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #17

North Carolina
Just a quick note for the those arriving on Wed the 11th. Come and join us at site 81 for an "early bird" meet and greet. Bring your chairs and relax around the fire for a time of fellowship.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #18

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Just reserved site 87 for my husband Carl and I ( Barbara).
This will be our maiden voyage for our 2011 Casita 16' spirit delux.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some great tips from all the experienced "egg" owners.
BarbaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #19

North Carolina
Welcome Barbara and Carl! The rally is closing in on us fast and I for one can't wait. There is so much to explore and do in the Cherokee area. That's why we keep a relaxed schedule, so that everyone has plenty of time to explore and enjoy at their own leisure. This is a great group, always willing to share tips and experiences. I'm sure you will leave with great memories and a list of new friends.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #20

Name: Tim
Trailer: Burro 13' trailer
North Carolina
Registry
George, Nancy and I are looking forward to seeing you and Rhonda and everyone else at Cherokee next week. We still have the 82 Burro. Sorry we couldn't manage to work the OBX rally into our plans. Maybe next year! We'll be coming into Cherokee on Thursday. See you then!
traffensperger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall, rally