NC 2017, Oct.6-9: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #41

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Hi folks,

We're unable to attend due to prior commitments but may drive down on Saturday to visit with old friends and see what's new. I just called Camp Hatteras to make sure we'd be able to get in as a 'day visitor' and was told by Jack that wouldn't be a problem.

Earlier today, when driving west on US64 from Tarboro to Rocky Mount, we met three or four egss and an equal number of teardrops that were east bound. Looks like attendance will be good and hope all of you have a great time.

Al & Cindy
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #42

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
The above statement may confuse the public. It may seem it is a private event. I know that's how I read it. But will be stopping by any way.
OK. Let me explain this for THE LAST TIME. This is a rally for the dates through Oct. 6th-9th.

It is held at a family owned (private- not government) campground.

Still with me?

Unless you make reservations or pay as a walk-in to this campground, you are not a paid guest.

Do you understand how campground bookings work at private campgrounds? Good. Let's continue.

On October 7th, Saturday, between 10am and 5pm, we are having our rally sponsor, Liberty Outdoors, display their trailers to the public. (think dealer or trade show, folks).

This will be held at the conference center at the campground, which is on the frontage road of Highway 12, in front of the campground. Parking for public will NOT take you into the campground.

Still following or are you totally confused yet?

Well, LET ME BLOW YOUR MIND. There will be rally-goers who will meander OUTSIDE the campground to PARTICIPATE in the public event at the conference center! OMG! Trailer owners to talk to!

If you get this, then just show up. If you're still lost, this event isn't a place you need attend.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #43

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
I could not attend the meet because of attending a wedding Sat. I was going to drive down to OBX (4 hrs.) to check things out and visit Thurs. or Fri. Glad this info. got out.
Eddie
Hi Eddie,
Sorry you couldn't make it. Charles is here in camp he and I both would have liked to see you and have you join us. Have a great time at the wedding.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #44

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W. in NH View Post
Hello all,

We bought an Airstream instead of fiberglass. So we will not be coming this year to Eggshells on OBX to check out campers. Going camping close to home in VT instead.

For those of you who are there, please take some pics of ParkLiner and post them.

I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Chris
Hi Chris,
Congratulations on your new trailer purchase and enjoy camping in VT. Hope you venture out a bit more as you get comfortable with using it. Thanks for letting me know your status.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #45

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
OK. Let me explain this for THE LAST TIME. This is a rally for the dates through Oct. 6th-9th.

It is held at a family owned (private- not government) campground.

Still with me?

Unless you make reservations or pay as a walk-in to this campground, you are not a paid guest.

Do you understand how campground bookings work at private campgrounds? Good. Let's continue.

On October 7th, Saturday, between 10am and 5pm, we are having our rally sponsor, Liberty Outdoors, display their trailers to the public. (think dealer or trade show, folks).

This will be held at the conference center at the campground, which is on the frontage road of Highway 12, in front of the campground. Parking for public will NOT take you into the campground.

Still following or are you totally confused yet?

Well, LET ME BLOW YOUR MIND. There will be rally-goers who will meander OUTSIDE the campground to PARTICIPATE in the public event at the conference center! OMG! Trailer owners to talk to!

If you get this, then just show up. If you're still lost, this event isn't a place you need attend.
Now that clears everything up in a funny way. Thanks.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #46

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Wife, Nancy & dog, Finn & myself drove down 3.5 hours to the Rally. Had some cute campers on display. It was very nice. Nobody threw rocks or gave us the stink eye today. ( not like folks that already know us. ) Everyone was smiling & waving. ( Or maybe they noticed my new hair cut, & was waving to shoo me away? )
We saw a lot of egg shell campers. We stopped by a Oliver Camper & was invited in to look around. WOW!! We tried to get them to adopt us, but they were having no part of that. Now we know what to spend our Lottery winnings on, when they eventually let us win. Very well built & quality every where. Even the owners looked all shiny & new.
Our real mission on this day was to see a Lil Snoozy in it's natural environment. We have one on order but it's about 10 months before it becomes part of our family. WE were surprised to see 2 Snoozy"s parked there. BUT no one was there. They may of heard we were going to show up. We got out & stared at it & kept whispering "We are not Worthy, We are not worthy".
We drove circles around the Camping park, over & over hoping someone would come back. That is when we got out & talked to the nice Oliver Camper lady. Sadly we had to run down the road & show our little furry dog his first ocean.
All I got to say about that is, Finn did not like the water chasing him & I never saw any of those Burrs!. Finn got back to the truck & wow! We spent over a hour picking them damn BURRS off of him.
We made one last effort to catch a victim...er... a owner at the Snoozy. We did not see anyone & my wife decided to get out & make a bathroom run. When she got out she turned & I heard her yell out "HI HOW ARE YOU". I turned & saw a Snoozy owner sitting next to their Snoozy. I jumped out before they ran away & introduced ourselves. They were Joyce & Joe Brandt. ( JJB ) very nice folks. They answered our questions & gave us a nice tour. Told us about some of their adventures. One of the neat trips they took was to Alaska. That was a neat story. They had a sweet German Shepard. We kept bugging them...er...I mean talking to them until all of a sudden they excused themselves saying they had to pack, because they just remembered they had to go back to Alaska.
All kidding aside Joe & Joyce were sweet like their dog & every one we met was pleasant. We WILL be going to next years egg rally in our new Snoozy.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:42 AM   #47

NA
Shout Out to Attendees

Thanks to everyone who attended the rally. Y’all made it an awesome event!

There will be no 2018 Eggshells in The Outer Banks, as I have other projects to currently pursue. If there comes a future year to reintroduce it, I will.
In the meantime, the rally website will stay in place for independent travelers to use as a planning resource.
Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally

Updated rally pictures and information will be put on the Website by November 2017.

Participants—thank you for making an unforgettable rally experience!