WA 2017, Sep 22-23: Seattle Area Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #1

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
2017, Sep 22-23: Seattle Area Gathering

Two months to the Seattle Area Gathering at Dash Point State Park 25 miles south of Seattle!

SAVE THIS ITINERARY! Or see Host/ess at site #37 when arriving at campground for a copy.

Activities: (all good chances to exchange names and contact info for local FGRVers.) All activities are optional.

Friday TBD: Dave Fish may lead an expedition to Tacoma to see either a vintage car show or the famous Chilhuly (Sp?) glass art gallery. If you're interested, tell Host/ess or Dave Fish, sites #37 and directly across, by 10 AM Friday.
Friday evening 6 PM hot dog roast at site across from #37...if plans change, then at site #37. Bring your own weenies and beverages. Fire provided.

Saturday 10 AM - noon (bring a sign to show you're OPEN if you're going to be)--Open House. Walk-thru tours of our trailers.
Saturday 3 PM, large open field in middle of trailer campground: dog events. Leashed parade, tricks, costumes. Prizes will be awarded.
Saturday 5 PM, potluck dinner, large open field in center of trailer campground. Folding tables, chairs, TV tray tables, pop-up canopies all welcome.
Saturday 6 PM following dinner: gift draw (if you wish to contribute a gift, see host/ess at site 37.
After gift draw: If SAG is to be held in 2018 then acceptance of volunteer host/ess for 2018 (host/ess chooses next year's meet-up site, name, and itinerary).

Everyone is welcome. Dash Point State Park has a beach, wildlife, trails for walking, and is near the city of Des Moines with restaurants, shops, a pier onto Puget sound, etc.

See you there!

Old 07-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #2

Registry
When, exactly, IS Sept. 22I? What kind of an idiot doesn't even proofread the title?

Sheesh!

Also, wasn't this meet going to start on the 20th?

(Well, we'll be there earlier than the 22nd...22I is the same as 22nd, and I'M that kind of idiot.) --Kai
Old 07-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We are planning Thursday night the 21st through Sunday the 24th. Camping 3 nights. Obviously, if someone has a reservation for Wednesday night, come and explore the area.

I'm open to either America's Car Museum, aka LeMay, or the Chihully Glass Museum on Friday. I've been to the car museum more than once and always enjoy it. The Wahington History museum and the historic train terminal are in the same area.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #4

Registry
Looks like we'll be there starting the 19th...

Thanks, Dave, so many interesting things to do in that area!

BEST
Kai
Old 08-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #5

This is about a month away now. It would be interesting to know how many are planning to come.

Do you have reservations? What site?

How many in your party? How many furry critters?

Are interested in a group trip to Tacoma to visit the Americas Auto Museums, aka LeMay, the Chihully Glass Museum, or possibly the Washington History Musem? Your preference?

Post your answers or questions here.

Chime in. Let's have a campout.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #6

Registry
Hi, Dave,

It really is only a month away. Paul has asked you to put him down for the LeMays car exhibit IF that's what works out for you and others. He's seen the glass exhibit. I'll be staying in camp with the pug girls.

I like to think of this upcoming event as either SAG (not a great-sounding name) or SAFE, the Seattle Area Fall Event. Yup, that's my fave.

Dash Point really is a small campground in terms of trailer sites...maybe the host next year can find us a better place. I think I'll nominate you.

Looking forward to it!
Kathleen
Kai in Seattle
Paul
Cinder
Creaky Old Nimble (not so nimble, now)
Old 08-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Hi, Dave,

It really is only a month away. Paul has asked you to put him down for the LeMays car exhibit IF that's what works out for you and others. He's seen the glass exhibit. I'll be staying in camp with the pug girls.

I like to think of this upcoming event as either SAG (not a great-sounding name) or SAFE, the Seattle Area Fall Event. Yup, that's my fave.

Dash Point really is a small campground in terms of trailer sites...maybe the host next year can find us a better place. I think I'll nominate you.

Looking forward to it!
Kathleen
Kai in Seattle
Paul
Cinder
Creaky Old Nimble (not so nimble, now)
I've been to LeMay but don't mind going back. I last visited LeMay on New Year's day with 3 grandkids.

Trade you Paul for our German Shepard. I think Karen will want to go with us.

Hopefully some others will chime in soon.

Dave
Old 08-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #8

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Going, forget the site, but coming Fri-Sun. I wanted to come earlier but decided I had to go to a rehearsal Thursday night. Turns out I could have come earlier but I already cancelled those days. Probably won't want to go anywhere else since I'll also have dogs to watch.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #9

Registry
Hi, Bobbie, that's right, we'll be seeing you there! Super! Then again Maryhill 2018, all willing. Paul asked for shade 2018, so no waterfront for us.

Dave, I'd be happy to watch your German Shepherd as long as she doesn't eat pugs for lunch.

If there are just the two of you, Paul said he'd be OK not going anywhere, esp. since you're seen the car exhibit. But it's up to the Expeditioners.

BEST
Kai
Old 09-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #10

Name: Connie
Trailer: 1995 16' Scamp Deluxe
Washington
I'm planning to go to the Dash Point rally, just hope it isn't a jinx to send this. Have reserved sites at least 3 times to attend these (starting in 2004) and have yet to make one. Am attending solo (trailer not for sale, phone yes, no pool, no pets). As a Rally newbie will appreciate any guidelines for dos and don'ts! My campsite reservation is for #14, in the tent section! When I talked to the reservation line they said there were only tent sites but with such a small trailer I should be able to fit. They had me call the park and get permission to camp there before they would make the reservation. Plan to be there Friday and Saturday nights, will not make the Friday field trip but hope to make the wienie roast and the Saturday potluck. Does anyone else have a reservation in the tent loop?
Connie Estep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #11

Registry
Hi, Connie!

Will X my fingers to stop the jinx! So to speak.

We'll be glad to see you! So far you're the only trailer tenting...but this is what I've heard more than once about these little eggs, that you CAN get into some tent sites.

Yes phone, no pool, no pets...
Us: yes phone, no pool, yes pets (though the old one sometimes makes her own pool these nights...poor little old thing.) We ain't got no cigarettes...

Looking forward to meeting you!

2017 SAFE (Seattle Area Fall Gathering) Dash Point

Kai
(Kathleen, Paul, Cinder the younger, Nimble the elder)
Old 09-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #12

Name: Connie
Trailer: 1995 16' Scamp Deluxe
Washington
Am looking forward to this. Any idea how many of our trailers will be there?
Connie Estep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Trying to get there

Trying to get registered for a campsite for that weekend

If successful at registering, we will be arriving with our "new to us" 25 foot Bigfoot on its first outing since purchase. Still trying to decide whether we like the "new" 25 footer or the (7 years older) 21 footer better. (but since we have never used the 25, we gotta try it out before deciding which one we will sell).
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #14

Name: Reisha
Trailer: Looking
Washington
If we're potential buyers, can we come and peek around at trailers Saturday morning? Should we stop at #37 first and introduce ourselves? Thanks!
reisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #15

Registry
Hi, all, we have 7 eggs registered that I know of right now and a couple of couples planning on either driving over or walking over (!).

I have no objection to a potential FGRV-er coming by and looking at the trailers--it's often recommended that you do just that if you're interested.

Reisha, sure, come on by. I know anyone who is participating in the open house portion of the meet (and it's not required) will enjoy meeting you, too.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #16

Registry
BCDave, well I hope you make it. It's not a big park; I wish they'd enlarge the trailer portion more. Good luck, hope to see you there.

Kai
Old 09-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Oh well...

They can accommodate us (Spouse & I) starting on the 27 for as many days as we want (Gee, Thanks! )

Sooooo..... Looks like we ain't a-gonna B there after all

And we had planned a twofer trip - Spouse's car needed service at a dealership in Fife, where cost is less than half what it is at our local "stealership".

Maybe next year?
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #18

Registry
BCDave - "stealership" --LOL.

I'm sorry you can't be accomodated at Dash Point!

Maybe next year is right. The size of your trailers means they wouldn't likely fit into a tent site...I know at times they are just stuffed full of tents, so it's not like lotsof park space goes to waste from lack of use. BUT...in the shoulder seasons it's a bit sad that they don't have a bigger park with more RV spaces! I'll see about some lobbying. too bad I don't have a fortune to donate to that end.

Hope your other purpose for coming down works out well!

BEST
Kai
Old 09-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #19

Registry
It's possible I may have to cancel (I should know by Wednesday) and will let you know if I do, Dave, so you can take over my spot. (Likely I'd still drive down for part of Saturday if I do, but out of town friends may be here just that weekend.)
Old 09-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
It's possible I may have to cancel (I should know by Wednesday) and will let you know if I do, Dave, so you can take over my spot. (Likely I'd still drive down for part of Saturday if I do, but out of town friends may be here just that weekend.)
It looks like I won't have to cancel. Keeping my fingers crossed.