TX 2018, April 18-22: Bluebonnet Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Texas
2018, April 18-22: Bluebonnet Rally

Registration for the Bluebonnet Rally at Skyline Ranch in Bandera, TX April18-22 is now open. Go to mfrvg.com and click on Bluebonnet to register. Looking forward to seeing you there. Sandy
Gchilds17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2018 Casita 17’ Freedom Deluxe
Oklahoma
We signed up this morning. This will be our first Casita rally and really looking forward to it. The TX hill country is beautiful. We’ve motorcycle toured the area three times and can’t wait to experience the hill country again!
mike in ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #3

Texas
Welcome Mike. You will have a different kind of experience in your Casita but one you’ll enjoy just as much. Plenty of fun and opportunity to meet new friends await you in April. I too look forward to the Bluebonnet experience. Look forward to meeting you and Becky. Sandy
Old 01-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #4

Name: juan
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Hi George & Sandy. I'm wondering if rallies with specific manufacturer's name on the event title, like this 'Bluebonnet Casita Rally', are limited only to owners of Casitas. From what I understand, 'egg' rallies are gatherings for all fgrv owners. Are some specific only to certain types of fgrvs or should each rally be researched individually? We're new to all this, and these gatherings seem very interesting for us to meet good folk. Also, I kinda feel silly in asking, but we might as well learn, right away, where to focus on any of our possible future travel plans. Thanks, juan.
pachewheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #5

Texas
Juan,

Glad you asked. The Bluebonnet Casita Rally was started and named many years ago with Casitas being the main group of participants. This rally is open to anyone who wants to participate but the name of the rally has been maintained by votes twice since I have had my Casita. If you go to the mfrvg.com site you can see who is coming and see the number of trailers coming that are other fiberglass brands as well as not fiberglass. In the past we have had people stay in their car, tents, clams and cabins. Please feel free to come on by if you are interested in learning about Casitas, Oliver’s, Escapes, Scamps and any others as we have an Open House where people show off their mods and new floor plans. Or sign up and participate in the agenda items. Look forward to meeting you. I’ll know if you register. Have your questions answered and meet some new friends. We will also have a section especially for newbies to get their questions answered in a smaller setting. Let me know if I can help. Sandy
Old 01-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #6

Texas
Thanks Sandy, I should have listened to my wife. She's the one who mentioned we should sign up awhile ago and I am always the hesitant one. She had already looked at the web site you mentioned and was excited because Bandera is not far away from where we live. Anyway, hope there are still spaces available and hope we take delivery of our tt by then. Thanks again, and look forward to meeting you also. juan
Old 01-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #7

Texas
I just checked the registration and there are still sites available. But even if your hesitancy causes you to be on the wait list have no fear. We have been able to get everyone who wanted to stay at the park and attend the rally in due to cancellations. So bring you toy hauler and enjoy. Or your new trailer.

(And, by the way, always listen to your wife...&#128521

Sandy
Old 01-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #8

Texas
I saw the site too. We'll be making plans to attend, hopefully our timing is right. Your kind words and responses have encouraged me to make an effort to have you and my wife, Melinda, meet! Aside from the #128521??, I've enjoyed from her, the same advice you offer for alittle over 45 years. Soon, I hope, with a little more time, it will sink in... Thanks Sandy!
Old 01-31-2018, 12:13 AM   #9

Name: Linda
Trailer: EggCamper
Illinois
blue bonnet rally

My dh and I are rather new to rallies and would love to attend this one but I can't seem to locate where we register.
Linda Klinnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:23 AM   #10

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Klinnert View Post
My dh and I are rather new to rallies and would love to attend this one but I can't seem to locate where we register.
You can register here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...N4bOA/viewform

Be aware however that the 150 sites are already registered, so you'll be placed on a waitlist. If you want to attend, I'd register anyway. They sometimes double up registrants 2 trailers per site, and can often accommodate more than 150 that way.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 AM   #11

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Make plans to register and attend. In the past, 10% to 20% of those who register either cancel or do not show. This will be our 14th Bluebonnet and I don't recall anyone every being turned away. See you there.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:22 PM   #12

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
This will be our first Casita Rally with our new 2018 Independence Casita. We attended the Pineknot Rally, but just visited as we didn't have our trailer yet. George and Sandy really made us feel welcome.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:17 AM   #13

Name: Charles
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Trostel View Post
Make plans to register and attend. In the past, 10% to 20% of those who register either cancel or do not show. This will be our 14th Bluebonnet and I don't recall anyone every being turned away. See you there.

I think sold out this year, I have requested 2 times to get on overflow list and no response, I guess with 40 plus on overflow list, they are not adding any additional wannabees. Well, maybe next year?
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #14
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
How many FGRV.com members are going to this?

Look me up when you get there, y'all...

We'll have our flag (see avatar) fixed to the hitch of our Escape 21 with "purple" graphics.

Can hardly wait!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #15
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Well, that was fun! Even though they said there were 298 people (not quite all at the same time , but almost), it was fun. Thanks George and Sandy and Robbie and Tom for the Dutch Oven Demo (and for many other aspects of “the Blueb!”) Kudos to the hosts, team leaders and all of the volunteers. (It’s a long list of people!)
Attached Thumbnails
B7D2E879-7267-4C87-88D5-742CD98CA011.jpg  
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #16

Texas
Thanks, Mary! I enjoyed meeting you and I am glad you enjoyed the Dutch oven demo. We had fun doing it. It was a really good rally and we enjoyed it immensely. Sandy and George.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:52 AM   #17

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
We had a great time at our first meet with our new Casita, enjoyed meeting all, wish we could tell who was who by our name on these forums. Someone mentioned that adding it to our name tags would be a great idea. Don't know where we will be next, but Pineknot for sure.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally