MB 2018, Aug.15-21: Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,913
I'm REGISTERED! Now I get to plot, plan and budget

Ian is organizing a "must attend" gathering. It's doubtful I'll ever see another one like it!

Going... going... going
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
james kent's Avatar
 
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Posts: 2,938
Have pre registered. Question is where to put this many trailers?


Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
__________________

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Have pre registered. Question is where to put this many trailers?
Ian has reserve the Red River Exhibition Park in Winnipeg. He says it will hold 1,000 trailers.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #24
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 5,590
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ian has reserve the Red River Exhibition Park in Winnipeg. He says it will hold 1,000 trailers.
Holy Bat Crap! It better be 2 weeks long. How else will I share a cocktail with everyone?
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
james kent's Avatar
 
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Posts: 2,938
Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome

Been yappin at you on this site
For over twenty years now. I do hope to meet.
Jim


Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
james kent's Avatar
 
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Posts: 2,938
Go early or go late, every campground along the lead-in routes will be crammed for days both before and after.
What a heck of a trip!


Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #27
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 5,590
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Been yappin at you on this site
For over twenty years now. I do hope to meet.
Jim
Just go easy on me, okay.

That is what these rallies are great for, putting faces to names. I have met hundreds of other trailer owners over the years. Always good fun.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Go early or go late, every campground along the lead-in routes will be crammed for days both before and after.
What a heck of a trip!
Ian is even working on that. I would imagine there will be group overnight stops at Fairgrounds and the like. This is going to be one huge caravan of trailers starting on the far west coast... and the far east coast and converging in Winnipeg. You pickup the caravan at a convenient point and just join in (or not). Doesn't it sound like an absolute blast!?!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Triker's Avatar
 
Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
Washington
Posts: 120
Beer, etc.

Can you imagine what it will be like trying to buy a 6-pack or two of beer in Winnipeg when we're all there?!!!

Wonder if the agents at the border would check the fresh water tank? This will definitely be the time to stock up before you go!
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
james kent's Avatar
 
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ian is even working on that. I would imagine there will be group overnight stops at Fairgrounds and the like. This is going to be one huge caravan of trailers starting on the far west coast... and the far east coast and converging in Winnipeg. You pickup the caravan at a convenient point and just join in (or not). Doesn't it sound like an absolute blast!?!

Ha, can't you hear the uproar of other people trying to pass all those little trailers taking up the road!!! Several days travel from the East coast to get to Ontario and then 3-4 days to the Manitoba border. Some of the greatest scenery for photographers is around the north shore of Lake Superior. We go out of our way when travelling west just to enjoy it. Am already looking forward to it. I think we would go a week early just to find campsites along the way. There will be two Ontario Boleramas before then when we can figure out just how many would be going.
Lots to talk about till then.


Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #31
Commercial Member
 
Ian G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Posts: 1,376
Registry
UPDATE Feb 2017

There are currently 290 trailers pre-registered, of those 213 are Boler's with every year represented except 1983, 1987 & 1988. Keep the registrations coming.

Pre-register at Boler 50th Anniversary Pre-Registration – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018

Look at the Participant Map https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...2480937499&z=4
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:44 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Hidalga's Avatar
 
Name: Hidalga
Trailer: Modified 13' Scamp
Full-Timer
Posts: 333
Specific Location?

I would love to add this rally to the 2018 Google rally map that is currently being built, however, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find WHERE in Winnipeg this event is being held?!

Someone please help me pinpoint a google location for the map.
__________________
RV Compass: Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

Publisher of The Roost - the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:45 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Posts: 170
Registry
Boler 50th Anniversary Gathering, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
I would love to add this rally to the 2018 Google rally map that is currently being built, however, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find WHERE in Winnipeg this event is being held?!

Someone please help me pinpoint a google location for the map.
Red River Exhibition Park

Location | Red River Exhibition
__________________
BarbinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
fofobraselio's Avatar
 
Name: Mark
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Posts: 142
Registry
515 Trailers!!!

Oh man, that is lots of eggs.
I'm going to plan Summer around this event and tie it into a cross Canada journey fo sho!

I'd love to input some musical entertainment (DJ) I'll be brainstorming some ideas..
fofobraselio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
emers382's Avatar
 
Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Posts: 396
Ian I promoted the rally at last weekend's Mississippi rally

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
bkboler's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Posts: 183
Did I hear correctly that there is an update to the actual dates of the boler rally?
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Posts: 170
Registry
Boler 50th Dates

Just checked both, Boler.ca, MyBoler.com and on Face Book - Boler 2018, 50th Anniversary Caravan.

Nothing noted about a change of dates. Still, August 15th to 21st.

Mark your calendars!

__________________
BarbinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #38
Commercial Member
 
Ian G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Posts: 1,376
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
I would love to add this rally to the 2018 Google rally map that is currently being built, however, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find WHERE in Winnipeg this event is being held?!

Someone please help me pinpoint a google location for the map.
The main webpage for the event is Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/888471907908283/

Activities and events will be planned at the Red River Exhibition Park from August 15-19, 2018 *(I have the Exhibition grounds booked for a few extra day so you can arrive a little early or leave slightly later if you prefer, Aug 14-21)

This will not be a typical fibreglass event, re: not a campground, the parking lots and grounds will be layed out so everyone has space for their tow vehicle, trailer with room beside their unit for "living". Look at this as an event where you can bring your sleeping unit. We will be comfortable, many activities will take place on the grounds themselves including entertainment, displays, food trucks & vendors, beer garden, and much more. Full details and agenda will be published in the coming months. ....and no there will not be a pot luck dinner, but we are planning on providing a dinner

We have good washroom facilities on the grounds and we will be bringing in additional portable facilities, potable water, and lighting to the trailer areas. Power will have some limits, we are working on getting power to as many sites as we can, we will also have an area where generators can be used as well as a "no generator" section. The logistics for this event are huge and huge been a primary focus.

I am travelling to Winnipeg next week to work with Rick Mooyman, our co-host, and the Red River Ex to work on the event. A registration website will be launched soon where you can make your reservations and book sites.

Regular updates will start soon as we are going into the detailed planning of the event
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #39
Commercial Member
 
Ian G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Posts: 1,376
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofobraselio View Post
515 Trailers!!!

Oh man, that is lots of eggs.
I'm going to plan Summer around this event and tie it into a cross Canada journey fo sho!

I'd love to input some musical entertainment (DJ) I'll be brainstorming some ideas..
We are up to 584 trailers pre-registered as of today

We are working on entertainment, plus I know we have some extraordinary talented owners, we will be bringing in a full stage and sound system for our use during the event. if you do have any ideas please send me an email at 1974Boler [at] gmail [.] com
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Posts: 170
Registry
Organizing the Boler 50th Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
The main webpage for the event is Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/888471907908283/

Activities and events will be planned at the Red River Exhibition Park from August 15-19, 2018 *(I have the Exhibition grounds booked for a few extra day so you can arrive a little early or leave slightly later if you prefer, Aug 14-21)

This will not be a typical fibreglass event, re: not a campground, the parking lots and grounds will be layed out so everyone has space for their tow vehicle, trailer with room beside their unit for "living". Look at this as an event where you can bring your sleeping unit. We will be comfortable, many activities will take place on the grounds themselves including entertainment, displays, food trucks & vendors, beer garden, and much more. Full details and agenda will be published in the coming months. ....and no there will not be a pot luck dinner, but we are planning on providing a dinner

We have good washroom facilities on the grounds and we will be bringing in additional portable facilities, potable water, and lighting to the trailer areas. Power will have some limits, we are working on getting power to as many sites as we can, we will also have an area where generators can be used as well as a "no generator" section. The logistics for this event are huge and huge been a primary focus.

I am travelling to Winnipeg next week to work with Rick Mooyman, our co-host, and the Red River Ex to work on the event. A registration website will be launched soon where you can make your reservations and book sites.

Regular updates will start soon as we are going into the detailed planning of the event
Hi Ian,

Thanks for all your work organizing this huge event. I've organized some events, but nothing on this scale! Good work that I'm sure we all appreciate.

If there is anything I/we can do to help, let me/us know.

Carry on.

Barb
__________________

__________________
BarbinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boler


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boler 50th Anniversary Pin Design Contest Ian G. General Chat 0 01-16-2017 06:40 AM
Our 50th Anniversary Roger C H Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 20 03-22-2014 05:21 PM
VA | 2013 Virginia Escape Rally - Aug. 8 - Aug. 11 ColoRockiesFan Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 7 08-06-2013 11:53 AM
CA | Trailorboat trailer 50th anniversary - Now May 6-7, 2011 Dan Morley Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 0 02-03-2011 12:52 PM
(2008 Spring Event) May Week End Event Doug Mager Ft. Langley B.C. Rallies 8 05-24-2008 08:05 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×