MB 2018, Aug.15-21: Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm REGISTERED! Now I get to plot, plan and budget

Ian is organizing a "must attend" gathering. It's doubtful I'll ever see another one like it!

Going... going... going
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler 1984
Have pre registered. Question is where to put this many trailers?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Have pre registered. Question is where to put this many trailers?
Ian has reserve the Red River Exhibition Park in Winnipeg. He says it will hold 1,000 trailers.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ian has reserve the Red River Exhibition Park in Winnipeg. He says it will hold 1,000 trailers.
Holy Bat Crap! It better be 2 weeks long. How else will I share a cocktail with everyone?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #25

Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome

Been yappin at you on this site
For over twenty years now. I do hope to meet.
Jim

Old 01-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #26

Go early or go late, every campground along the lead-in routes will be crammed for days both before and after.
What a heck of a trip!

Old 01-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Been yappin at you on this site
For over twenty years now. I do hope to meet.
Jim
Just go easy on me, okay.

That is what these rallies are great for, putting faces to names. I have met hundreds of other trailer owners over the years. Always good fun.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Go early or go late, every campground along the lead-in routes will be crammed for days both before and after.
What a heck of a trip!
Ian is even working on that. I would imagine there will be group overnight stops at Fairgrounds and the like. This is going to be one huge caravan of trailers starting on the far west coast... and the far east coast and converging in Winnipeg. You pickup the caravan at a convenient point and just join in (or not). Doesn't it sound like an absolute blast!?!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #29

Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
Washington
Beer, etc.

Can you imagine what it will be like trying to buy a 6-pack or two of beer in Winnipeg when we're all there?!!!

Wonder if the agents at the border would check the fresh water tank? This will definitely be the time to stock up before you go!
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ian is even working on that. I would imagine there will be group overnight stops at Fairgrounds and the like. This is going to be one huge caravan of trailers starting on the far west coast... and the far east coast and converging in Winnipeg. You pickup the caravan at a convenient point and just join in (or not). Doesn't it sound like an absolute blast!?!

Ha, can't you hear the uproar of other people trying to pass all those little trailers taking up the road!!! Several days travel from the East coast to get to Ontario and then 3-4 days to the Manitoba border. Some of the greatest scenery for photographers is around the north shore of Lake Superior. We go out of our way when travelling west just to enjoy it. Am already looking forward to it. I think we would go a week early just to find campsites along the way. There will be two Ontario Boleramas before then when we can figure out just how many would be going.
Lots to talk about till then.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
UPDATE Feb 2017

There are currently 290 trailers pre-registered, of those 213 are Boler's with every year represented except 1983, 1987 & 1988. Keep the registrations coming.

Pre-register at Boler 50th Anniversary Pre-Registration – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018

Look at the Participant Map https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...2480937499&z=4
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:44 PM   #32

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Specific Location?

I would love to add this rally to the 2018 Google rally map that is currently being built, however, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find WHERE in Winnipeg this event is being held?!

Someone please help me pinpoint a google location for the map.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:45 PM   #33

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Boler 50th Anniversary Gathering, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
I would love to add this rally to the 2018 Google rally map that is currently being built, however, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find WHERE in Winnipeg this event is being held?!

Red River Exhibition Park

Location | Red River Exhibition
Old 09-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #34

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
515 Trailers!!!

Oh man, that is lots of eggs.
I'm going to plan Summer around this event and tie it into a cross Canada journey fo sho!

I'd love to input some musical entertainment (DJ) I'll be brainstorming some ideas..
fofobraselio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #35

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Ian I promoted the rally at last weekend's Mississippi rally

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #36

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Did I hear correctly that there is an update to the actual dates of the boler rally?
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #37

British Columbia
Registry
Boler 50th Dates

Just checked both, Boler.ca, MyBoler.com and on Face Book - Boler 2018, 50th Anniversary Caravan.

Nothing noted about a change of dates. Still, August 15th to 21st.

Mark your calendars!

Old 10-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #38
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post

The main webpage for the event is Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/888471907908283/

Activities and events will be planned at the Red River Exhibition Park from August 15-19, 2018 *(I have the Exhibition grounds booked for a few extra day so you can arrive a little early or leave slightly later if you prefer, Aug 14-21)

This will not be a typical fibreglass event, re: not a campground, the parking lots and grounds will be layed out so everyone has space for their tow vehicle, trailer with room beside their unit for "living". Look at this as an event where you can bring your sleeping unit. We will be comfortable, many activities will take place on the grounds themselves including entertainment, displays, food trucks & vendors, beer garden, and much more. Full details and agenda will be published in the coming months. ....and no there will not be a pot luck dinner, but we are planning on providing a dinner

We have good washroom facilities on the grounds and we will be bringing in additional portable facilities, potable water, and lighting to the trailer areas. Power will have some limits, we are working on getting power to as many sites as we can, we will also have an area where generators can be used as well as a "no generator" section. The logistics for this event are huge and huge been a primary focus.

I am travelling to Winnipeg next week to work with Rick Mooyman, our co-host, and the Red River Ex to work on the event. A registration website will be launched soon where you can make your reservations and book sites.

Regular updates will start soon as we are going into the detailed planning of the event
Old 10-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #39
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofobraselio View Post
515 Trailers!!!

Oh man, that is lots of eggs.
I'm going to plan Summer around this event and tie it into a cross Canada journey fo sho!

I'd love to input some musical entertainment (DJ) I'll be brainstorming some ideas..
We are up to 584 trailers pre-registered as of today

We are working on entertainment, plus I know we have some extraordinary talented owners, we will be bringing in a full stage and sound system for our use during the event. if you do have any ideas please send me an email at 1974Boler [at] gmail [.] com
Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #40

British Columbia
Registry
Organizing the Boler 50th Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
The main webpage for the event is Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/888471907908283/

Activities and events will be planned at the Red River Exhibition Park from August 15-19, 2018 *(I have the Exhibition grounds booked for a few extra day so you can arrive a little early or leave slightly later if you prefer, Aug 14-21)

This will not be a typical fibreglass event, re: not a campground, the parking lots and grounds will be layed out so everyone has space for their tow vehicle, trailer with room beside their unit for "living". Look at this as an event where you can bring your sleeping unit. We will be comfortable, many activities will take place on the grounds themselves including entertainment, displays, food trucks & vendors, beer garden, and much more. Full details and agenda will be published in the coming months. ....and no there will not be a pot luck dinner, but we are planning on providing a dinner

We have good washroom facilities on the grounds and we will be bringing in additional portable facilities, potable water, and lighting to the trailer areas. Power will have some limits, we are working on getting power to as many sites as we can, we will also have an area where generators can be used as well as a "no generator" section. The logistics for this event are huge and huge been a primary focus.

I am travelling to Winnipeg next week to work with Rick Mooyman, our co-host, and the Red River Ex to work on the event. A registration website will be launched soon where you can make your reservations and book sites.

Regular updates will start soon as we are going into the detailed planning of the event
Hi Ian,

Thanks for all your work organizing this huge event. I've organized some events, but nothing on this scale! Good work that I'm sure we all appreciate.

If there is anything I/we can do to help, let me/us know.

Carry on.

Barb

Tags
boler