WA 2018, Sept 19-22: 2018 SAFE -- Seattle Area Fall Event, Dash Point State Park - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-27-2018, 04:06 AM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
AWWWK! I was tasked on behalf of Karen Langlois and myself with procuring our reservations for this event. But I delayed and AWK! we are short one site!

IF YOU ARE DROPPING OUT or cancelling out of SAFE for any reason (even for a part of the weekend) PLEASE CONTACT ME at 253-312-3372 so I can pick up your reservation the moment you drop it! Or if you for some reason are not bringing your trailer, please inform me so we can switch you to a non-trailer site.

Thanks so much!

Cory and Karen

P.S. By S.A.F.E. my trailer should have a brand new paint job!

Actually it is not "the" last site it was the last site with power/water. There are still plenty of other sites available.

Steve
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:58 AM   #22

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hey, Cory, Yeow!

Hope you can both get a site! If you're good with holding tank, battery and propane, maybe a non-utility site?

Paul won't be coming early. He has had to make some doctor appointments for W and Th, so site 34 will be open W and Th, but we'll be there for Friday and Saturday.

BUT...the park has 3 or 4 slots always open for "walk ins" (drive ins) and only one was used last year. IF you call the park, with your trailers, I'm sure they can find you and Karen spots.

Kai
ai as in wait
Old 09-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #23

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Actually it is not "the" last site it was the last site with power/water. There are still plenty of other sites available.

Steve
They don't allow trailers to reserve the tent sites, which are triangles on their reservation maps.But good news! I found one trailer site for Friday (31) and another for Saturday (32), plus the other of us (me or Karen Langlois) can spend both nights in 26!!! This should allow both of us to show off the new paint jobs on our trailers!

Cory and Joey-dog (14 years old)
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #24

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
They don't allow trailers to reserve the tent sites, which are triangles on their reservation maps.But good news! I found one trailer site for Friday (31) and another for Saturday (32), plus the other of us (me or Karen Langlois) can spend both nights in 26!!! This should allow both of us to show off the new paint jobs on our trailers!

Cory and Joey-dog (14 years old)
I'm very glad you found spots. You have no idea how much guilt I've been feeling since your first message lol.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #25

Registry
Just out of curiosity about how many fiberglass trailers usually show up at this event?
Old 09-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #26

Registry
Steve,
Hi, we've only had one SAFE so far, and we had +- a dozen rigs, a lovely group and nicely varied. This will be the 2nd SAFE.

Seattle Area Fall Event

All are welcome.

BEST

Kai

ai as in wait
Old 09-03-2018, 09:09 AM   #27

Registry
Cory and Karen:

YAAAAAAAY!
Very much looking forward to seeing you again!

BEST
Kai
ai as in wait
Old 09-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #28

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Steve,
Hi, we've only had one SAFE so far, and we had +- a dozen rigs, a lovely group and nicely varied. This will be the 2nd SAFE.

Seattle Area Fall Event

All are welcome.

BEST

Kai

ai as in wait

Nice, I was concerned about what to bring to the potluck. The only meets I've been to are Quartzite and they get hundreds of trailers. What they do is have everyone bring a can of soup, Cream based or non cream based. They then dump them into big pots one for cream the other for not and everyone gets a bowl. Also do you give out pins? I've got a couple years of Quartzite pins. It's kind of cool to hang them on your curtains as a memento. Maybe I'll look into getting some made up if you haven't done that yet.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
As the Stomach Turns.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:58 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Nice, I was concerned about what to bring to the potluck. The only meets I've been to are Quartzite and they get hundreds of trailers. What they do is have everyone bring a can of soup, Cream based or non cream based. They then dump them into big pots one for cream the other for not and everyone gets a bowl. Also do you give out pins? I've got a couple years of Quartzite pins. It's kind of cool to hang them on your curtains as a memento. Maybe I'll look into getting some made up if you haven't done that yet.
I would say that the potluck at SAFE last year was very nice fare and SAFEr. Although some food was deli prepared, many participants home cooked their contributions. The meal was delicious and plentiful.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:55 AM   #31

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
I would say that the potluck at SAFE last year was very nice fare and SAFEr. Although some food was deli prepared, many participants home cooked their contributions. The meal was delicious and plentiful.
Thanks. We're coming from North of Spokane with a teeny fridge. We'll need to plan our contribution lol.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #32

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Thanks. We're coming from North of Spokane with a teeny fridge. We'll need to plane our contribution lol.
Safeway at the top of the hill. Don't ask me how I know. [emoji3]
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:44 AM   #33

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Safeway at the top of the hill. Don't ask me how I know. [emoji3]
LOL That works!
Old 09-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #34

Registry
Hi. Thanks, Dave, good post!

Steve Hammel--yes, Dave's right.

Our "potluck" is the old-fashioned kind where you bring whatever you want and can tote and keep SAFE. Chilled, heated, or room temp and dry. We take potluck--that is, whatever shows up is our dinner.

If you bring a bag of potato chips, that's fine. A package of cookies. A turkey. A veg tray. Sliced, rolled meats. It's entirely up to you. If you make a canned fruit salad, great. If it must stay chilled, please provide whatever method works for you to keep it chilled. Dinner rolls (if so, maybe some butter and jam?).
We had some good food last year! We eat close to the time indicated so the food isn't sitting around for long.

I made one big mistake last year--one of our campers offered to bring a big chocolate dessert, and I said I had it covered--but I didn't. This year I intend to do better, unless someone will volunteer to do a big chocolate cake or something? Hint, hint. At Maryhill in the spring, one camper brings the birthday cake every year.

For the weenie roast if you're there for that, bring what you want to eat. Some bring extra to share (we do) and we'll bring plates and plastic utensils and ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish. If you want a more exotic condiment, please bring your own. We brought some extra weenies and roasting sticks and will do so again.

FYI: BYOD; bring your own drinks.

We do not restrict dogs from the events, but we have one firm rule:
No fighting, no biting!
And that goes for the dogs, too.

Dogs must be friendly, safe to be around, leashed, and not "too" disruptive. If in doubt, see the ADA guidelines for dogs in public/retail places.

BEST
Kai
pronounced "K"
Old 09-19-2018, 09:41 AM   #35

Name: Liz
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlizzieg View Post
Alex and I are booked to bring "Grace" in site 32. Looking forward to the Friday night event and Open House.
We've cancelled our trip and freed up the spot if anyone needs it.

~ Liz
njlizzieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #36

Registry
Liz & Alex--thanks for letting us know--maybe Cory or Karen can make use of it?

Have a good weekend...sorry you can't attend.

BEST

Kai
"K"
Old 09-19-2018, 04:40 PM   #37

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Site 32 availability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlizzieg View Post
We've cancelled our trip and freed up the spot if anyone needs it.

~ Liz
I'm in site 32 on Saturday night---but as of right now looks like someone either just got or never left site 32 for Friday night. Did you guys already cancel on goingtocamp.com? If not please CALL me before you do so we can coordinate! 253-312-3372
Thanks much! Cory

PS. If you reading this recently took site 32 for Friday, please call me as well, as I can offer you site 30 and it would really ease my trip not having to change campsites mid-meet.
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:10 PM   #38

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Talking This weekend

Hi I just went through all these posts to try to put together where to find people... sites 26, 30, 31, 32, 34, 39. Just wondering if there are more who have not posted here?? I am in Siite # 41 and look forward to meeting everyone. I am pretty new so might need a little help backing in...
Thanks....
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #39

Registry
If anyone needs help backing in or setting up or ANYTHING that he CAN help you with (and he's pretty competent and very willing), PLEASE don't hesitate to ask Paul, site 34 coming in tomorrow, Friday, as early as they'll let us.

His cell: 1-425-306-7881

Kathleen
(KAI)
Old 09-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #40

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Thanks!
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall