WA 2018, Sept 19-22: 2018 SAFE UPDATE - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #1

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
2018, Sept 19-22: 2018 SAFE UPDATE

UPDATE as of 9/6/2018

Could someone please volunteer to bring a chocolate dessert such as a cake to the potluck dinner, 6 PM at site 34 fire ring?

Itinerary repeat:

(All events are optional, of course.)

FRIDAY, 9/21:
Weenie roast, site 34 fire ring 6 PM
Bring your own chairs, food & drink, and paper plate olders if you like to use them. Plates, napkins, utensils, ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish provided.

SATURDAY, 9/22:
Open House, 10 AM to noonish.
Bring a sign to put up or tape to the outside of your trailer so we know who is participating.

Dog Tricks & Costumes, 2:30 PM, near site 34 fire ring
instead of central field. Prize "ribbons" planned.

Potluck dinner, 6 PM, Site 34 fire ring area.
Bring whatever you'd like to share with everyone. Bring chairs, firewood, drinks. If you want to add a small camp-themed gift to the bin, that'll be fine, get it to Paul or Kathleen (Kai-"K") before 6 PM, please. If you don't have anything to add, that's also fine.

Gift Draw, Introductions, and Welcome from Kai ("K") will follow dinner.

Rain will see improvisation, does not necessarily cancel Open House, dog event, or meals. Bring any pop-up you wish to add to the rain protection in case, if you wish.

Drought may cancel fires.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Paul and Kai are interchangable this year; one of us may have to stay in the trailer with our older pug girl if she is feeling particularly old.

Dash Point State Park phone number: 1-888=226-7688
They had several "walk-in' sites unused last year; it's worth a call, particularly if you live close. Also, there is an overflow parking area ($5 fee?) in case you just want to come for one or two events and not camp.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I will volunteer to bring chocolate cake. As long as Safeway at the top of the hill has it lol!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:50 PM   #3

Registry
Thanks, Steve!

My mind will be at rest then. I lost the chocolate cake for all of us last year--my mistake!

Do check with Dave Fish as to the location of the store. Also--we aren't far from a lot of stores, really. So much so that I was going to suggest we call this meet the "Urban Wilderness" outing, BUT UW was already taken.

After all, what is a gathering without a good name/acronym?
NOG (North Oregon Gathering)
SAFE (Seattle Area Fall Event)
…?
um...the mind goes blank yet again.

Anyway, appreciate it!

Kai
"K",
Old 09-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
The Safeway is on S 320th St. A little west of Pacific Highway South.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:45 AM   #5

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Our Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
I will volunteer to bring chocolate cake. As long as Safeway at the top of the hill has it lol!
I was able to get trailer sites! Unfortunately one of us will have to move sites on Saturday, but I consider that minor compared to sleeping in a tent! Karen Langlois and I have site 26 for Friday and Saturday and sites 30 for Friday and 32 for Saturday.

Compact Jr.'s body shop guy (yes, he got into a little wreck) swears he'll be fixed with a new paint job in time for the campout!
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:02 AM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
I was able to get trailer sites! Unfortunately one of us will have to move sites on Saturday, but I consider that minor compared to sleeping in a tent! Karen Langlois and I have site 26 for Friday and Saturday and sites 30 for Friday and 32 for Saturday.

Compact Jr.'s body shop guy (yes, he got into a little wreck) swears he'll be fixed with a new paint job in time for the campout!
Glad you got spots. Remember Kai said they have a few spots they hold back for walk ins. Check in early and maybe they'll help you out. We're looking forward to checking out the new paint.

Best Regards
Steve
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #7

Registry
Cory, great! See you there. Looking forward to it and to seeing your new paint as well.

BEST
Kai
"K"