OR 2019, Apr. 25-28: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Steve and Cheri Loop C site 63 25th-28th we'll be there in the Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:32 AM   #22

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Cory in 149E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Greetings all,
The whole park is now open for reservations. If you want to be close to the H and I loops ,which are now pretty full, the J loop has water and electric. The M and L loops are across the road and are the other full hookup loops. They will probably fill up soon.
Kathie
I can't believe the park is so popular in APRIL! At any rate, I got reservations for 149E, which I HOPE is "across the campground road" from some FGRV action!
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:40 AM   #23

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Smile Campsite

I am in site C 44 April 25-28... looking forward to meeting more nice people this time! Have been with the group at different places in 2018, keep seeing a few of the same people..... love this group!!
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #24

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape
Washington
I may wend my way down there. I am currently in the "looking" phase for a trailer and tow vehicle (you can read my long term plan in my intro post Here,

It is nice to see an active community no too far away using locations I have been known to visit.

I have been very sad ever since they closed Oswlad West to camping, It was one of my favorite tent camping places along the coast.
mbtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #25

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Well, I was DEFINITELY behind the 8 ball on this this year! Missed it and now all the spots are full. If anyone is cancelling, please do let me know. Thanks!
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:32 PM   #26

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynneh View Post
Peter and Lynne have reserved site 191 in J loop for Thu-Sun, Apr 25-28.
We're going to have to cancel our reservation. Peter has torn his rotator cuff and can't sleep in a bed, much less a trailer. We learned yesterday that he will need surgery so he'll be out of action for awhile.

What's the best way to cancel a reservation so FGRV members have the best shot at getting the space? Should I just cancel, then announce it here right afterwards? Or should I pre-announce the date/time I am going to submit it -- for example tomorrow (Sunday) at 2:15pm -- so folks can be waiting for it?

--Lynne
lynneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:49 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynneh View Post
We're going to have to cancel our reservation. Peter has torn his rotator cuff and can't sleep in a bed, much less a trailer. We learned yesterday that he will need surgery so he'll be out of action for awhile.

What's the best way to cancel a reservation so FGRV members have the best shot at getting the space? Should I just cancel, then announce it here right afterwards? Or should I pre-announce the date/time I am going to submit it -- for example tomorrow (Sunday) at 2:15pm -- so folks can be waiting for it?

--Lynne
I'm so sorry to hear about Peter! Dang. Lynne, if you can give me until NOON tomorrow, I may have someone that would be interested in your site. I'll be online and will PM you at noon. IF that works for you. And THANKS for asking
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #28

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about Peter! Dang. Lynne, if you can give me until NOON tomorrow, I may have someone that would be interested in your site. I'll be online and will PM you at noon. IF that works for you. And THANKS for asking
Hi Donna, no problem -- that works for me. So I'll hold off until I get a PM from you around noon tomorrow. Talk to you then.
lynneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:00 AM   #29

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Hi Donna Dee... Cory called me tonight & told me someone will NOT be using their site Reservation for J191...Is it still available for the Spring NOG @ Ft. Stevens?? She's in E149, but not a problem! Please let me know, or if you know of otheres available for that time! Thanks, Karen L.
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #30

Within mere moments of me posting the availability of the Spring NOG site, it's been claimed.

IF you want a site, stay tuned. There always seems to be a few that need to cancel. You might also want to put an alert into ReserveAmerica for sites that come open at Fort Stevens. There's a good possibility non-NOGgers will cancel as well.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #31

Name: R.R.
Trailer: Escape 21
California
Unfortunately we cannot make it. Have a nice spot at H10 for 7 nights beginning 4/24. Please email me if interested.

Susan
sueha101@gmail.com
Osos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #32

Schedule has been posted! https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...comment-249741
Old 04-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #33

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Thanks for posting the schedule Donna. The weather is looking great. Looking forward to a fun time! Besides the Seafood and Wine Festival (which is at the fairgrounds), Astoria is a wonderful town to poke around in. Here are a few things to see and don't miss waterfront trolley. Astoria Riverfront Trolley You can get on and off and go all the way out to Pier 39 where the old Bumblebee Cannery was. It now houses a Rogue Brewpub and our favorite coffee shop 'Coffee Girl' overlooking the Columbia.
https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/20...love_abou.html

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #34

Registry
How is the food at the Seafood and wine festival?
Old 04-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #35

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
How is the food at the Seafood and wine festival?
I haven't been to it first-hand, but from some of the independent reviews on the event, (and in particular, the food offered, that I've read anyway,) it was reported to be rather "pedestrian and mediocre," and also expensive for what you get. Apparently, the lines are long, the food just so-so, and it has been purported that the Astoria/Warrenton Chamber of Commerce, (the event hosts,) are just all about separating you from your money as best they can. In other words, just another "tourist trap" event like so many others everywhere you go nowadays.

That said, I'll probably "hop on the bus" and go to it anyway, just for something else to do besides walking around the campground for 5 days.

The event is $15/person entry fee, $3 R/T shuttle ride, (from Ft. Stevens to Event and back to Ft. Stevens,) and additional expenses for what ever else you want to spend money on during your visit.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #36

Registry
That's too bad. I spent several years in Northwest Washington back in the 70's. We loved going to all the little county fairs to hit up the Kiwanis salmon bakes or local chowder competitions. Oh the good old days.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #37

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
That's too bad. I spent several years in Northwest Washington back in the 70's. We loved going to all the little county fairs to hit up the Kiwanis salmon bakes or local chowder competitions. Oh the good old days.
Don't know if we'll go or not but there is plenty to do in Astoria and across the river on the Loing Beach Penninsula.

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #38

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
NOG plans

Hi All... I personally will not be going to the event in Astoria... I hope to bike some , walk, ... hope there are walking/hiking trails around the campground. So anyone else going to "hang out" I hope to see you!
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:35 AM   #39

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Kathie View Post
Don't know if we'll go or not but there is plenty to do in Astoria and across the river on the Loing Beach Penninsula.
My parents were camp hosts for several summers at Ft Stevens. We used to visit them often. I go through Astoria at least once a year. Did you know the movie "Goonies" was filmed in Astoria? There is lots to do in the area including several sites of historical significance.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #40

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn N. View Post
Hi All... I personally will not be going to the event in Astoria... I hope to bike some , walk, ... hope there are walking/hiking trails around the campground. So anyone else going to "hang out" I hope to see you!
Yes there are plenty of hiking/biking trails. About 10 miles worth. Should keep you busy exploring for quite a while.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote