2nd Annual OHIO Fall Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
We had a great time last year at Caesar Creek campgrounds for our First Annual Ohio Fall Gathering the weekend after Labor Day. Several people requested that we try to get the next one more centralized for those living in Cleveland, Toledo, etc.. We had only 7 (I believe) campers at the first one, and I would love to see that doubled or tripled this time! We had a lot of fun, and had a meal out at a local restaurant, fun by the campfire, and a WONDERFUL carry-in breakfast on Sunday morning before we left. I am looking forward to seeing those great people again, plus some new faces! Please let me know ASAP if you have any interest in coming to this one on the weekend of Sept. 29-30, 2006. I sent emails to several campgrounds in central Ohio, and the one I think sounds the best for location, facilities, and camaraderie is at the Lazy River Campground in Granville, OH. It appears to be as "dead center" in the state as I can find, mostly Interstate travel from many areas, etc. Here is their website. Has anyone been there? Does anyone live close enough by it to drive through and check it out? Any ideas or suggestions? I am looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!! Sandy

http://www.campingfriend.com/lazyriveratgranville/

Here is their email response to my email:
The last weekend in September (9/29 and 9/30) would be ideal. We have an area with 20 sites in a horseshoe shape that would be perfect for your group. These are water and electric sites, close to the bathhouse and right next to a pavillion with a wood-burning stove. You could use this for some of your meals and activities. The base rate is $25
per night. If you have ten sites or more we can give you a ten percent discount. If you select other dates we can still accomodate you and put you all together though it may not be in the area described above. I'm sure you would like our other water/electric sites near the creek.
Lazy River At Granville
740-366-4385
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sandy thanks again for the work. Count me in!

Kevin
Kevin B Tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #3

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Sandy thanks again for the work. Count me in!

Kevin

Thanks, I will be happy to! Need some more people to join us. Only 3 campers so far!
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote