2nd Annual OHIO Fall Gathering (REVISED) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2006, 05:50 AM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">NEW LOCATION:
CAESAR CREEK STATE PARK
WAYNESVILLE, OH
SEPT. 29 & 30, 2006
</span></span>

When I placed the original post, people from the NE and SW and several areas of Ohio expressed and interest in coming, so I tried to find a central Ohio location. Now none of the NE people are coming after all because of other obligations, etc., so I wrote to everyone after I personally traveled to check out several campgrounds (and GLAD I did). I was very disappointed in the appearance of several of them.

Since most of the people coming are from SW Ohio now, and after checking with people, I decided we might as well go back to Caesar Creek where we had the first one, BUT this time I would like to reserve campsites that are NOT at the top of a cul-de-sac (a lot of those sites are heavily wooded & hard to see each other, etc.) & we will probably NOT need the shade anyhow. All I need to know right away is will anyone be bringing pets? If so, we need to reserve sites on one of the pet loops. There are plenty of sites open all over the park.

Here is the link to the park with lots of info on local attractions. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/caesarck.htm

For those nature/bird lovers, there are TONS on woods there - woods separate each row of camp sites and all along the outside borders it is wooded. It is a very pretty park with a nice lake for anyone wanting to fish or boat. There is a flea market open on Sat. & Sun. about 5 miles from the park. There is also a Renaissance Festival (ADVANCED DISCOUNT TICKETS ONLINE)

http://www.renfestival.com/event.html near the flea market.

Last year we all went to Der Dutchman restaurant in Waynesville (about 12-14 miles away) for dinner on Sat. evening. Is anyone interested in doing that again? We also brought food for a wonderful breakfast feast get-together. Would anyone like to do that again? If so, which morning? Sat. or Sun.?

I hope this is OK with everyone. I have spent hours and hours trying to research places to stay (and personally drove to several of them. It is amazing what they look like online vs. in person!!) I have tried hard to make it so that as many people as possible can come. I apologize it took so long to get the location established, etc. This has been a very difficult year for me.

Thanks for all your help and patience! Bring your friends - anyone is welcome, not just Casita folks!

OK, I CALLED THE PARK OFFICE TO BE SURE NO BIG EVENT WAS GOING ON DURING THIS TIME. They said there is not and there are plenty of open spots. My vote would be to go to AREA 1 & go to Loop C since nobody is bringing pets. I would start with reservation site # 84 & go 84,85,86,87,88, then 92,93,94,95,96. She said we probably don't need reservations, BUT... no guarantees. Right now there are only 3 sites reserved in that whole area. That area is within walking distance FOR THOSE IN FIT SHAPE - NOT ME!! - of the beach & the boat ramp & fishing spot. If we have more people, we can also go around the top of the loop, but avoided it for now. We could also go on sites 80-83 if we have more come, but not expecting that. So, does someone want to start reserving or what? Can someone please do me a favor? Would you please leave 1 spot open between any 2 of yours for me? I have vouchers I will be using (we don't even want to go there to explain why!! - BAD experience at Mohican) & they will not let me reserve sites because I am using vouchers. I figure if sites are booked around me, the chance of a stranger booking that one would be unusual. I plan to go down early in the day that day.

RE: the breakfast - do you want to do it on Sat. am (1 of the members cannot be there on Sun.) These sites are all electric, BUT do not have water (there are spigots where you can get water & a dump station). I have a microwave in my egg if someone needs to warm something up. Is Sat. evening OK for Der Dutchman group meal? We can carpool like we did last year. We could meet at our camper at about 4:30 - 4:45 to beat the crowds if that works. I have some fun little "prizes" to give out - come & get one!! (Nothing expensive!! - just fun.)

BEFORE I FORGET, PLEASE EVERYONE WHO IS BRINGING ANY FIREWOOD CHECK THIS SITE FIRST. NONE OF US FROM MIAMI COUNTY CAN BRING ANY BECAUSE OF THE EMERALD ASH BORER.

http://www.ohioagriculture.gov/eab/documen...rantine_012.pdf

They stopped 2 people from our church campout Labor Day weekend & took their license # etc. so that if they get stopped again, they will fine them!

PLEASE EVERYONE, BRING A FRIEND & COME HAVE FUN. THANKS!
Sandy Webb
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #2

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
OK, if we keep practicing, we will get this right!! Barb just emailed me and said Roy has to bring his dogs, so we are going to be in the pet loop instead. Will post site #'s asap. There are TONS of sites open, so no need to worry! Sandy
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote