2nd Annual Spring Spiff and Fix Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #15

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
I have come up with a project (Very small) that my arthritic fingers and total lack of skill can't accomplish.

Yes, I will have the worlds first Burro with RIVETS!!!! I want to attach one of my full sized solar panels to my rockguard on hinges. I figured rivets would actually be better for theft deterrent than nuts and bolts, but I don't have the tools and can't squeeze them even if I did.

Anyone that can help?

I have also put in a request with the forest service (This is one of the few campgrounds still directly operated by the FS in this area) to use the normally closed until summer upper loop. It will be gated off and for our exclusive use, but they are checking with the host and seeing if this is possible. I'll keep everyone posted if thats the case.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #16

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Hopefully Thurs, Fri and Sat nights for both of us.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #17

West Coast USA
Registry
I am going to drop my trailer on Thursday am and then come there after work in the evening. Just plop where you feel like! There are about 20 spots, pick your poison. I will try to take a central long one.

Anyone for a pot luck brunch on Saturday? If we have fisher peoples, that may not work. Make a suggestion!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #18

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
I am going to drop my trailer on Thursday am and then come there after work in the evening. Just plop where you feel like! There are about 20 spots, pick your poison. I will try to take a central long one.

Anyone for a pot luck brunch on Saturday? If we have fisher peoples, that may not work. Make a suggestion!
If you get the separate campground area, would I be able to show up Friday night and get a spot? I can't come on Thursday but if I have to cancel Lake San Antonio I might try this one.

Bobbie
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #19

West Coast USA
Registry
and where are all our LA boondockers???? Lots of folks I see on here, but have never met.. come on down! It's close!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #20

West Coast USA
Registry
Bobbie, I have not heard back from the FS.. but even if not, as mentioned, you will have no trouble getting a spot. This campground is never full. Unless you fish, or are into just sitting, there are no "attractions" so it isn't a high draw campground. Especially on a non holiday week.

In the unlikely event that it is full, there is a place just down the road a mile or two you can get into so your drive would not be wasted. It's an "RV" park (sort of) that I have also never seen full. It has water and electric in every site
Old 03-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #21

West Coast USA
Registry
Lisa, can I add you to the list?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #22

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
Lisa, can I add you to the list?
Which Lisa? Me or the one I think I saw on the site from your area? I'm thinking it's a little too far for me unless I was to take Friday off. It's tempting...
Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #23

West Coast USA
Registry
Yes, we have too many Lisas' LOL! Lisa H, sorry.

You could still take friday off tho :-P
Old 03-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #24

West Coast USA
Registry
I stopped by there yesterday afternoon, as I was in the area. At 12:30pm the place was 1/3 full, and it looked like most of those was a big family reunion taking place in a group of doubles and directly across. None of them were in the best spots.. weird.

There was also a new host ... again .... they have trouble keeping them. I don't wanna know... Murphy Brown syndrome? anyway...These ones tell me there is a wedding happening in the upper loop on the 20th. It's just the ceremony, not a camping group.. so.. we will probably not be allowed up there.

The fisherman were out along the river, so I am guessing it is "Fishable" now.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #25

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Send a message via MSN to James Harper Send a message via Yahoo to James Harper
New to the fiberglass family..have always had motorhomes...but I'm good at trouble shooting and repairs is anyone welcome to come to your ralley?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #26

West Coast USA
Registry
absolutely. All are welcome! Shall I put you on the list?

Where did you pick up your Fiberstream?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #27

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Send a message via MSN to James Harper Send a message via Yahoo to James Harper
I'm picking it up next weekend..just sold my Wennibago waiting for the cash. I've been working (and helping my dad when I was a kid ) build campers and motorhomes and boats. Mechanic/plumber and general jack of all trades. I should have this 1 ready by the weekend of meet (it just needs tires and a good cleaning) add me and if there are any changes I'll contact you. There is also a nice campground just before Apple White called Bonita Ranch...usually clean and empy if there is any over flow.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #28

West Coast USA
Registry
Hey James, you are on the list. And CONGRATS on your new acquisition. We will look forward to seeing it. Fred has one and can give you lots of info about it.

Bonita Ranch is where I was going to send the overflow, and thats where the dump station is.

We did a small rally there once, around the slab. I also just did a week there in the full hook up section due to snow logistics up here.