3rd Annual SE Camping Club Eggscursion Announced - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #15

Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Florida
Registry
Thanks for the positive review. I don't usually pay much attention to a couple of negative reviews, you can't please everyone, but in this case, there weren't any really positive reviews to counter all the negative ones.

The reviews can be found by going to the rally map (in this forum), and clicking on the marker for Lazy Daze, there are six reviews.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #16

Name: Lee
Trailer: 2011 13' Scamp, tug 2010 Subaru Forester
Minnesota
Quote:
We've camped with the Eggscursion at LazyDaze two years in a row now, and both times, the facilities have been top notch. Bathrooms are clean, grounds are clean, the campground owners are friendly, and go out of the way to make our Eggscursion a great success. I have not seen the reviews -- (I'm not exactly sure where reviews are located -- here on FGRV, or somewhere else on the internet).
The campground is a small, private place, with small camping spaces. These spaces are perfect for our group, as no one who attends comes with a large camper.

Unfortunately, previous attendees comments don't appear here on the FGRV forums.

I hope to see you there.

Sheryl
Thanks Sheryl for the info. We planned to attend anyway whatever the reviews had to say. Looking forward to seeing and meeting new folks. Lee

Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #17

Name: Tom
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19'
Tennessee
Laze Daze has been a good place for the Townsend Rally for the past couple of years. They have always taken care of us and made sure we have everything we need. It is not a high end RV resort, but more of a rustic campground on the river. They do have a stiff cancellation policy but from what I understand so do most of the campgrounds in the area. They are reasonably priced (some of the others in the area are in the $50 per night range) and great for an Egg Rally, close to everything in the GSMNP. Last year we had 30 eggs (60people) at the rally and only a couple of small request which the campground took care of right away..

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #18

Florida
Registry
I'm glad to hear the positive reviews - we signed up for the three nights. They gave us site 22.

We've been to the GSMNP/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area several times and always enjoyed it - except for the time we were there when the leaves were supposed to be changing - bumper to bumper traffic so bad you could hardly move. Our last time, (last summer), we finally visited the Townsend area and were quite impressed.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #19

Name: IBOACRES
Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
OHIO
Ooby!

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty urendsnatd waht I wsa rdanieg.
Smoenoe is dirvnig from Flrodia ot see em. Ooby inst tihs ginog ot eb geart. Cna hearlty wiat.

Dael wtih ti! -- Crhis -[ Haer no eivl ] & Pta -[see no eivl ] tuahgt em hwos oot selpl.

Wleome abarod.
Jhon -[ seapk no eivl ]
Old 03-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #20

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
We've stayed at Lazy Daze twice & had a good experience both times. The sites are small, but so are our little campers! The owners were very friendly & helpful and the bathhouses were well-maintained both times. The only negative I can think of is that the decks overlooking the river are in need of repair, but everything else was great. We're looking forward to going back next month!

Sandra
Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #21

Florida
Registry
I see that the Cades Cove road will re-open at noon on the 24th, nearly one month ahead of schedule.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #22

Name: Tom
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19'
Tennessee
Looks like we will have 30-35 Eggs this year. Should be a great time. Lazy Daze Campground has redone their web site and put a video of us from the first year on their main page. They want to take pictures this year to post on thier website too.

Check it out at Here

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote