3rd Annual Spiff-n-Fix! August 21, 22 and 23, 2009 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
The 3rd annual Spring Spiff-n-Fix is, well, changed to the Late Summer Spiff-n-Fix, and the location has been moved from Applewhite Campground in So Cal to the cooler part of Arizona in the White Mountains.

I’ll be having the Spiff-n-Fix at The Arizona High Country Campground in Clay Springs, AZ (Where I am currently working) on August 21, 22 and 23, 2009. Directions are on the website, but for quick reference, we are 15 miles NW of Show Low Arizona, just off Highway 260.

The *concept* of the Spiff-n-Fix is to bring your trailer problem you don’t know how to fix and hope you get help from someone else who can. You, in turn, can help someone with a problem you know how to fix. Trade one problem for another, so to speak.

The *execution* of past Spiff-n-Fixes have resulted in everyone eating and drinking lots, and nothing getting done but looking at folks concerns, then proclaiming “Yep, that’s a problem. What’s for dinner?” Sympathy, however, is doled out en masse. Pointing and laughing is common.

But for those that REALLY want more than an excuse to gather with friends and enjoy good food and relaxing, we actually have a real live certified RV Tech staying in the park that has made himself available that weekend for any repairs that none of us care to tackle, or are having too much fun to bother with. His rates are exceedingly good, and so is his work. He is bonded, licensed and insured and will bring his van full of every tool known to man right to your rig and repair on the spot.

Please post your problem here and what skills and expertise you have to trade that may help others. If your repair requires parts, please bring them with you.

The only formal activity planned is a Hawaiian theme Pot Luck on Saturday night. Bring your tacky Hawaiian shirt, Hula skirts and drink umbrellas and an island dish of your choice. (SPAM recipes accepted, if you just HAVE to) We will make sure everyone gets Leid. We will also provide fruits and hopefully we can get Phil Caster (Where are you Phil?) to do his famous solar oven pork for us. Sorry, the fire dept. may take a dim view of us burying a pig and setting it alight, but we can make do, I think. Feel free to post ideas and suggestions!

The area is abundant with fishing in both lakes and streams, hiking, atv/jeep trails and within less than an hours drive, you can be enjoying the high altitudes of 8-9k feet and all the mountain meadows you can handle. It really is a beautiful area and I am enjoying my time off exploring new things each week.

The campground is a full service park, and everyone’s toys and trailer amenities can be used here, or for those that like to boondock, we have a no hook up area available in the trees if you prefer. There is a central group area for the festivities, and I will hold sites around it for that weekend. Full hook up sites are $23.40 with a FGRV/Casita Forum 10% discount + tax. No Hook ups are $13.50 + tax. Please call 928-739-4189 to reserve yours!

I will post the attendees list below
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #2

Registry
ATTENDEES:

Gina D. ~ 17 foot Burro
Nancy A. & Elly ~ Toyota MH (Hey, All are welcome!)
Konrad & Wife ~ Casita 17
Eileen* ~ Casita 17
Shane N ~ Casita
Pat and Arleen ~ Bigfoot Truck Camper
Chris L ~ 13 ft Scamp
Neal Reust and friends ~ 17 ft Casita
Phil Caster and Friend ~ 17 ft Bigfoot
Dave and Vicki Peterson ~ Lance truck camper

*= Pending reservations
Old 06-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Terrific idea, Gina! We had such a blast last year at AppleWHITE CG, and we know everyone will have a great weekend in this lovely area around AppleGATE CG We would love to join you, but at that time we expect to be making our way west from MT/Northern ID to take part in a family shindig near Ft. Bragg, CA. Keep us all posted on the planning and the doins'. L 'n D
Old 06-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #4

Registry
Too bad! Boo Hoo! Are you sure? This is on your way back to Quartzsite... doesn't everyone want to be in QZ in August?

The White Mnts are nothing like Applewhite, its actually *gooder* (Not that there was anything bad about Applewhite, it just different) The trees are taller, it's cooler and there is LOTS more water to see.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We would love to come but will be working in Sacramento that weekend and with the way things are, we have to work when we can. Gina, you will have to post pictures of all the work that gets done or at least all the fun.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita
I want to go, I want to go! I have vacation spread all out In July and August to spend monsoon season in the mountains. The days planned fall on my 5 day weekend so I will be there at sun-up on the 21st. I make chicken people line up for but don't own a Hawaiian shirt. I am more than willing to help on any repairs and learn much from the RV guy. Sounds like real fun!
shane n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #7

Registry
Got ya down Shane! I like chicken..

and a trip to Big Lots for your shirt should be in your future...
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita
Gina. I am thinking for a project to change out my p-trap and shower valve on my Casita with a hepvo valve.Here is the thread on it. http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/...showtopic=3493Talk to that RV dude and see if this is something maybe he could help me with. If so I will get parts coming.
shane n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
Gina,

Michelle and I want to come up for your get together, but like Linda and Dale, the way things are I need to work when I can. However, If they let me off for that weekend, we will come up. I sent your gathering info to George and Betty, Alan and Jackie. They usually have more flexible schedules than myself. Hope to be able to attend! Doug
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #10

Registry
Doug, I hope you can arrange, but I know how the work thing goes.. I want to host one for you for a change!

We have got a commitment for the solar oven from Phil Caster.. my mouth is watering already!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
Looks like a great get together again in Clay Spring.
Pat And Arleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #12

Registry
Gotcha down!

Shane, get your part.. he'll do it.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #13

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Burro (Sunny side UP!)
Registry
Wow! I need this SOOO bad!! But I am not coming that way until mid-September.
Gina, I will be traveling from Indiana to Sierra Vista AZ in mid/late September. I could be coming right through that area, depending on the route I take. Will you still be working at that park at that time?
Anne Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #14

Registry
Hi Anne, Yes, I will!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #15

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Burro (Sunny side UP!)
Registry
Quote:
Hi Anne, Yes, I will!
Awesome! I will plan the route to come south at Holbrook and swing by for a night! With the number of "Fixes" I will need I'm sorry to miss the Spiff-n-Fix. Maybe next year...
Anne Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #16

Registry
Cool! Too bad you can't make the rally, but we will look for you later.

Eileen actually popped in by surprise today and is here with her Casita now!

Patrick and Nancy Mc were in the same spot two days ago.

I am getting visitors!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #17

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
Gina, did Phil move up to a Bigfoot? Last time we saw him he had a nice Casita.
Pat And Arleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #18

Registry
Pat, he had an accident and totaled the Casita last year.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #19

Registry
Well folks, I have stumbled across a real Hawaiian cook! We will be providing a small amount of Authentic Kahlua pig! I had a plate of it and it was wonderful!

The woman owns a small neighborhood eatery, Hawaiian food and all the makings. She does the pig traditionally, but we won't be able to see the process. I have to go pick up the finished product.

There will be enough for a taste for all, but will not be entre' portions. Please plan on bringing a supplemental dish that will go with it and the chicken.. rice or cabbage is good.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #20

Registry
and we have one more addition..

Chris L and his 13 ft Scamp will be joining us.

He promises not to remind everyone of the ugly QZ awning incident...

doesn't he?

:-P