6th Annual OHIO Fall Gathering Sept 23-27, 2010 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #21

Trailer: Casita
Oh.... that definitely isn't a problem for me<grin>.... I recently bought the Casita... and quickly found out that it is a very different animal from the motorhome I had. For one thing, checking out the hot water faucet had hot water, though no light lit regardless of which position the on/off switch was placed. Took a lot of research to discover that almost hidden on/off switch on the heater itself that operated the 110v shore power. Didn't have that separate feature in the motorhome.

An embarrassing one hour trying to fill the fresh water tank by hooking up the water hose to the fresh water input on the Casita.... only to find out the actual Fresh Water fill was plainly labeled Portable Water directly by the Fresh water tank. My fresh water fill was through a water hose coupled to the inlet valve on the motorhome.<sigh>

Maybe I should be a "junior-junior member"<grin>

Pen man
Joe Lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #22

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lacey View Post
Hi... Just signed up for site 187. Arrive Sept 22 and leave morning Sept 28. Extremely new to Casita (yet to even tow it). My very first "frustration point" was not knowing how to retract the rear stabilizers. The manual doesn't include instructions to pull down the square tubes to dis-engage the 'catch' to allow the jack to be stowed for travel. '

Joe and Cricket Lacey
Surprise, AZ
Yes, I understand how overwhelming it can be. SO glad you are coming. You won't be sorry. We had so many "Duh" moments when we got ours. You will find the members are all willing to help and show you how to make it easier! If you send me an email to: sew4388@woh.rr.com I will send you a list of how I organize my Casita Spirit Deluxe, and some other info I have. if you would be so kind as to include your name, address, phone #'s, hobbies for you and your spouse, what you do for a living, age, size, model of Casita, etc. I will put that info on the PRIVATE list I pass out at the rallies. I never post the confidential stuff online! I will also send you more rally info. Thanks, Sandy
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #23

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Shook View Post
We are booked into site 171 and are looking forward to meeting everyone. If we can help anywhere or can bring anything let us know. We have been to many ralleys and attend the Bolerama Ralleys in Ontario for the last four years. We had to change plans this year due to some health issues which are now on the mend. Think cool fall weather, the heat and humidity will be gone.
Ed
Wonderful. So glad to see there are many "new faces" coming to this Rally. We always have a blast! If you would be so kind as to send me the following info to my private email at sew4388@woh.rr.com I would love to add your info to the list I pass out at the rally of everyone's info. I never post anything confidential like addresses, etc. online. I have some more rally info I would also like to send you. Please send me:
Your names, address, phone #'s, what type, size, model camper you have, what you do for a living, hobbies. Thanks a million! Sandy Webb, rally organizer
Old 08-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #24

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
OK, I did it, I reserved site # 148. Hopefully I will be able to stay the entire weekend...
Dear Mark,
NOBODY is an outcast at our rallies! So glad you are coming. Can you please email me on my private email to give me the following: (I don't post any confidential stuff online for security reasons!) My email is sew4388@woh.rr.com.
Name (s), address, phone #'s, type of camper, size, model, yr., etc., what you do for a living, hobbies, etc. so that I can add you to the list I compile to pass out at the rally? I will also send you more rally info. Thanks a million! Sandy Webb, Rally Organizer
Old 08-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #25

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath G. View Post
Just checked the callender for the renfest and looks like that weekend is barbarian invasion week. that should be a hoot! My wife and I actualy renewd our vows there for our 10th ann. we have always enjoyed the renfest and it is a good one for those into that sort of thing.
Hope you can come to the 6th Annual Ohio Rally! If you haven't booked a site yet, may I suggest #152, 184, or 189, which are all right next to our group? If you have booked, please let me know which site. I keep a list of who is where. Will be posting more rally info very soon! If you are coming, could you please email me at: sew4388@woh.rr.com & give me your names, address, phone #'s, type & model & year of your camper, where you work, hobbies or interests to put on a PRIVATE list I pass out at the rally. Don't post that type info for security reasons! Sandy Webb, Rally Organizer
Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #26

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Shook View Post
We are booked into site 171 and are looking forward to meeting everyone. If we can help anywhere or can bring anything let us know. We have been to many ralleys and attend the Bolerama Ralleys in Ontario for the last four years. We had to change plans this year due to some health issues which are now on the mend. Think cool fall weather, the heat and humidity will be gone.
Ed
Ed,
I just realized you are WAY away from our "group of campers" on site 171. If I am not mistaken, if you call the campgrounds, they will let you change sites one time for free??? These are bigger-than-normal lots & the lot you are on is quite a jaunt! I would suggest #152, 184, or 189 IF you want to be next to the rest of us. If not, that is fine. Just didn't know if you realize how far away you are. It doesn't look like it on their maps, but it is a long walk!
Sincerely, Sandy Webb
Old 08-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #27

Ohio
Hello, everyone,
I am thrilled to see many new faces coming to our Fiberglass Rally next month in Ohio. Our group is camped so far on sites: 146,147,148,149,150,151,185,186,187,188,190,192. Sites 153,184, 189, 191 would be great sites to book if you are getting ready to do so. These sites are large and if you don't book near the rest of us, you will be in for a lot of walking! We are planning a "Dutch Oven" cookout (or any other dish if you prefer not to use a Dutch Oven) for Friday evening, followed by a homemade ice cream social that evening. NOTHING we do is mandatory, nor do we make anyone feel guilty if they don't want to participate. Sat. a.m. we have a large group breakfast at which we gobble 'til we wobble! If you know what you will be bring to either the Friday evening potluck meal (about 6:30 maybe to allow extra travel time for those who need it) and/or the Sat. breakfast food (we already have Terry bringing sausage biscuits and gravy), please let me know. As we get a list going, I will post it. After breakfast on Sat., we tour people's campers to see what tips we can pick up. Sat. evening I will be reserving us tables at Der Dutchman restaurant in Waynesville.

If anyone knows who is booked on sites 146 and 192, please let me know. Can't wait to see you all. Please feel free to email me directly with any questions! sew4388@woh.rr.com Thanks, Sandy Webb
Old 08-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #28

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
I am still thinking about coming, we have only been to 2 so far. Is anybody coming with a Scamp 5th wheel? I would love to look in one because I'm thinking wre need to move up to something bigger. Ellie wants something nicer and I still have not fixed mine up after all these years.
Thanks
Steve DeWeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #29

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeWeese View Post
I am still thinking about coming, we have only been to 2 so far. Is anybody coming with a Scamp 5th wheel? I would love to look in one because I'm thinking wre need to move up to something bigger. Ellie wants something nicer and I still have not fixed mine up after all these years.
Thanks

Not that I know of. We did have one that came one of the first years, but they were military people and haven't seen them since. Please come anyhow! It will be lots of fun, I promise!
Sandy
Old 08-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #30

Ohio
Found out it is "one of us" on site 192. Now if whoever has site 146 will let me know...
Thanks,
Sandy
Old 08-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #31

Ohio
Friday evening pot luck

Please note: If you don't have a Dutch Oven, please do NOT go out and buy one! You can bring anything you want to the pot luck dinner. Use a grill, crockpot, microwave, or whatever you want-just so you come!! It will be fun to try out some Dutch Oven recipes. I have a new oven I have had for a couple of years and never used. I drug it out, actually read the instructions, and am getting ready to season it and prepare it for my first attempt!

Remember, we will be having homemade ice cream for desert later Friday evening. Two of the wonderful members are in charge of bringing their ice cream makers and doing that for us. Anyone who wants to bring cookies, cake, a topping for the ice cream, etc., please feel free!

Can't wait!

Still trying to find the "mystery people" on site 146! Anyone knowing who is registered there, please let me know.

If you haven't booked yet, may I suggest sites 153, 189, or 191 to stay with our group. We are camped in the pet loop, so it is ok to bring your pets.

Sandy
Old 08-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #32

Ohio
Casita Rally

WOW, how wonderful. So far we have 16 sites reserved for this rally! (Assuming that whoever is on #146 is "one of us".) Still a mystery as to who has that one booked! Come on, everyone, invite your friends to join us. They do NOT have to be in a fiberglass camper. They can come in an RV, a tent, or whatever. Let's top 20 this year!
Sandy Webb
Old 08-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #33

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeWeese View Post
Thanks
Not aware of any 5th wheels coming this year. I have seen only 1 of them & it was the first rally we had. It was a military guy who actually lived in it! He got transferred away.

Shame on you for not fixing it up! Cheaper than buying new - LOL! Sounds like us!! This would be a great time to check out renovations others have done.!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #34

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
I have just completed an Extreme Makeover on my Burro. I had way too many ideas... I feel better that it is completed, so I will have it at the Rally. It is definately different than your average Burro.
Attached Thumbnails
burro interior 003.jpg   burro interior 004.jpg  

burro interior 006.jpg   burro interior 010.jpg  

Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #35

Trailer: Compact Jr
Wow Mark! that looks great! wish I coauld make the rally to see it in person. The Niagra wine tour is the weekend before and cant do both. would be nice but still have a daughter in hgigh school and she is big into cheerleading, gota go and suport the team. hope you all have a good time
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #36

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
I have just completed an Extreme Makeover on my Burro. I had way too many ideas... I feel better that it is completed, so I will have it at the Rally. It is definately different than your average Burro.
WOW. That looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it!
Sandy
Old 08-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #37

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath G. View Post
Wow Mark! that looks great! wish I coauld make the rally to see it in person. The Niagra wine tour is the weekend before and cant do both. would be nice but still have a daughter in hgigh school and she is big into cheerleading, gota go and suport the team. hope you all have a good time

Heath,
Is the top of your trailer a pop-up? Looks like it in the photo. Sorry you can't make it to this year's rally - hope you can come next year!
Sandy
Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #38

Trailer: Compact Jr
Hi Sandy, you are correct. the entire top pops up so someone 6' 4" can stand up and not even be cloase to hitting there head. and it is short enough when down it will fit in a standerd garage. but the best thing for use is it has a queen size bed! Love it. this is our first trailer and my wife loves it. not bad for someone who never camped till we got it. I grew up camping in Wisconsin in pop up campers and love my FGRV mutch better. looking forward to pics from the rally, we stayed downm there last year foir thw renfest and found it to be a verry nice campground. Have fun!
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #39

Trailer: Casita
Hi Mark... Great work! Looking forward to meeting you.....

Pen man
Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #40

Name: Barb
Trailer: Casita Spirit
Ohio
Can't wait to see your Burro, Mark - it looks great! Also looking forward to seeing Heath's camper :-)

Barb
pwdohio is offline   Reply With Quote