6th Annual OHIO Fall Gathering Sept 23-27, 2010 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #41

Name: Barb
Trailer: Casita Spirit
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Shook View Post
We are booked into site 171 and are looking forward to meeting everyone. If we can help anywhere or can bring anything let us know. We have been to many ralleys and attend the Bolerama Ralleys in Ontario for the last four years. We had to change plans this year due to some health issues which are now on the mend. Think cool fall weather, the heat and humidity will be gone.
Ed
Looking forward to meeting you, Ed and Cricket and Joe. Did I miss someone else?

Barb
pwdohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #42

Trailer: Casita
Ohio gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
Looking forward to meeting you, Ed and Cricket and Joe. Did I miss someone else?

Barb
It is probably because this is our very first trip with the Casita....but we have problems sleeping<sigh>... Just waiting for the 4th of September when we start off with a full tank of gas and head East.

Started out easy... just putting the very basic stuff in the Casita.... however, as each day passes... we find just one-more-small-thing we think we might need.<sigh>. A case of too much time on our hands, I guess.

Pen man
Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #43

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lacey View Post
It is probably because this is our very first trip with the Casita....but we have problems sleeping<sigh>... Just waiting for the 4th of September when we start off with a full tank of gas and head East.

Started out easy... just putting the very basic stuff in the Casita.... however, as each day passes... we find just one-more-small-thing we think we might need.<sigh>. A case of too much time on our hands, I guess.

Pen man
Are you trying to sleep on the hard cushions? If so, you might want to rethink that and get a 2" foam topper for the time being. We finally bought a mattress from the Southern Mattress Factory several years ago for our camper and I haven't slept better Some buy a mattress from K-Mart, other just the 2" topper. Not sure if anyone has used an air mattress or not.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #44

Not sleeping....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
Are you trying to sleep on the hard cushions? If so, you might want to rethink that and get a 2" foam topper for the time being. We finally bought a mattress from the Southern Mattress Factory several years ago for our camper and I haven't slept better Some buy a mattress from K-Mart, other just the 2" topper. Not sure if anyone has used an air mattress or not.
No, no... we are trying to sleep in the house<grin>....and we have a super space-age foam mattress....just excited about leaving.

Regarding the Casita mattress... we heard about "upgrading" and bought the foam type (Wal-Mart).... just haven't slept in the Casita yet... so we will find out in a few nights when we are finally on the road.

Was going to start out on the 4th... but this morning we decided to start out on the 3rd. I told my wife that we had to do it because there wasn't anything left in the house...it's now all in the Casita<grin>... just a little white lie.... now where are my glasses?

Pen man
Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #45

Ohio
Have a safe and fun trip and we'll see you in a couple of weeks. I hope you sleep like a lamb.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #46

Thanks, I think we will... big question....will the 3 dogs ...who are used to sleeping with us in bed.....be able to sleep UNDER us (the space between the rear seats)? I sure hope so, because the Casita bed is definitely not the large Queen size bed in our home.<sigh>

Pen Man
Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #47

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Hi, if anyone coming to the rally has any need for a full set of cushions for a Burro, I will gladly bring them with me. FREE! A few need to be repaired or recovered, but they are all here including bunk bed cushions. 12 total. I am sure that they will fit other brands of trailers other than just Burro.

Mark
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #48

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
Hi, if anyone coming to the rally has any need for a full set of cushions for a Burro, I will gladly bring them with me. FREE! A few need to be repaired or recovered, but they are all here including bunk bed cushions. 12 total. I am sure that they will fit other brands of trailers other than just Burro.

Mark
Wow, that is generous of you? Anyone need cushions? Please let him know asap!
Sandy
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #49

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Sandy, if anyone on the other forum needs them, let me know.
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #50

Name: Dennis
Illinois
For all new folks to our rally, we are resurecting our famous breakfast item. You will just have to be there for breakfast. Those of you who have tried "THE ITEM", we are adding some new ideas. We are still working on dutch oven item but will have an unusual item.
The Ozier's from Sullivan Illinois
ozierjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #51

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
Sandy, if anyone on the other forum needs them, let me know.

OK, will do. Don't get many of those trailers at the rallies.
Sandy
Old 09-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #52

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozierjd View Post
For all new folks to our rally, we are resurecting our famous breakfast item. You will just have to be there for breakfast. Those of you who have tried "THE ITEM", we are adding some new ideas. We are still working on dutch oven item but will have an unusual item.
The Ozier's from Sullivan Illinois
Now you don't think we are surprised that we will BE surprised by Dennis the Menace, do you??!! Oh, if anyone misses this breakfast, they WILL be sorry!!

We have been playing with our new Dutch Oven trying a few recipes out, too! Will be fun!

Sandy
Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #53

Trailer: Compact Jr
Breakfast! Now I am sorry I will miss this one. Just not enough time to take off right after the Canada wine tour. maybee next year. Hope you all have fun.
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:26 AM   #54

Ohio
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath G. View Post
Breakfast! Now I am sorry I will miss this one. Just not enough time to take off right after the Canada wine tour. maybee next year. Hope you all have fun.

Hmmm, I am thinking the wonderful group dinner on Friday night AND the even more wonderful group breakfast Sat. a.m. trumps a wine tour any time!! Don't forgot, we also go out to eat Sat. evening as a group at a great Amish restaurant! I'd rethink that if I were you!!
Sandy
Old 09-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #55

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lacey View Post
Thanks, I think we will... big question....will the 3 dogs ...who are used to sleeping with us in bed.....be able to sleep UNDER us (the space between the rear seats)? I sure hope so, because the Casita bed is definitely not the large Queen size bed in our home.<sigh>

Pen Man
Joe, I guess that depends on the size of your dogs and whether or not you store anything under that bed. I believe that we had a couple with a Beagle that slept under there and it also served as his "crate" as they somehow could block it off, must have been some homemade thing.

I believe I have also heard of others whose dogs sleep under there...doxies, I believe.

Our dogs are spoiled rotten and sleep up on the top of that back bed with me, as did our large dogs when they were alive. But, I sleep on the back bed and Joe sleeps on the side dining bed - that way we do not have to climb over one another when we sleep; and we both have sleeping disorders that make us move too much to share that small back bed. Small, compared to our king at home.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #56

Ohio
Joe gets home from Alaska on Wednesday, he has a fishing outing to attend on Thursday afternoon but we should roll in sometime Thursday evening.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #57

Ohio
OK, my wonderful camping family. Will you please let me know asap what you are planning to bring for the Friday evening dinner (some are doing Dutch Oven meals, some are not). Whatever is fine. Terry R. & Jane W. are making homemade ice cream for dessert that night, so if anyone also wants to bring some cookies or anything to eat with the ice cream, feel free. I am planning to make some brownies to bring for it. I also need to know what you are bringing for the Sat. breakfast. As soon as I get some responses, I will post the list. We have always had a great variety, and I think it helps to know what others are bringing to help that along! Time is flying - see you next weekend! We have several "newbies" which I am VERY excited about, so let's all make them feel so welcome they won't dare miss our next one!! I am still waiting to find out who is on site 146??? Sandy
Old 09-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #58

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
"...If you haven't booked yet, may I suggest sites 153, 189, or 191 to stay with our group.

Just thought I'd let you all know that Mary and I have decided to come to the rally. I just reserved site 189! See you all Thursday.

...Marv.
Marv Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #59

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13 ft
Sandy - We are planning on bringing coleslaw for Friday along with some cookies. The coleslaw has to set a day or two before eating so I need to make it at home. I'm not sure what I will bring for Saturday breakfast. Still working on that one. Will let you know ASAP. Looking forward to the weekend. Gerri & Ed
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #60

Ohio
Sandy, I am sorry but I have not got a clue at this point what we are bringing....