6th Annual OHIO Fall Gathering Sept 23-27, 2010 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #81

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
Glad the sleeping arrangements have worked out great for you.

I didn't know WPAFB had a family camp!

See you Thursday evening.
======================9-21-10========================
We are now hooked up, ready to roll...and getting excited to be meeting some Real Casita folks... as a "Casita newbe", I am seeking the answers to my questions. Enjoyed viewing your 2009 Casita rally pictures. Our 3 poodles will fit in<grin>. Don't know about that liquid sunshine weather that it looked like though... in Southern Arizona, we don't have that sort of stuff.
-joe
Old 09-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #82

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lacey View Post
======================9-21-10========================
We are now hooked up, ready to roll...and getting excited to be meeting some Real Casita folks... as a "Casita newbe", I am seeking the answers to my questions. Enjoyed viewing your 2009 Casita rally pictures. Our 3 poodles will fit in<grin>. Don't know about that liquid sunshine weather that it looked like though... in Southern Arizona, we don't have that sort of stuff.
-joe
Aw, Joe, if you don't like the weather here, just hang on for a few hours & it will change! Hot, then cool, wet, then dry! Are you going to Caesar Creek tomorrow instead of Thursday? See you on Thursday. I may have a last-minute closing on a house at noon Thursday, so won't be there until late afternoon or maybe even dinner time! Being a Realtor (over 35 years now!) means your time isn't your own!!

Sandy
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #83

Trailer: Compact Jr
Hello all, just wishing you all the good weather and good times we just had for the Niagra wine escape. I was truely hopeing to find a way to join you but it just isnt going to work. I regret missing something that sounds like so mutch fun. But I will look forward to better planing on my part for next year. please post lots of pictures.
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #84

Name: Barb
Trailer: Casita Spirit
Ohio
We actually have a 70% chance of sunshine! Depends on how you look at your cup you know :-) It very well may stay north of us. We sure could use some though...but enough time for that after the trip of course. Sat and onward appears that the temps are going to be really cooling off to the 70s, I am so thankful for that!

We probably won't be coming in until about dinnertime or a bit later on Thursday, hopefully it will still be light.

We will likely be running home (30 minutes north) to go to a Farmers Market on Friday afternoon and pick up eggs from a Mennonite farmer and that Angel Food cake. Then it will be up to Joe whether he wants to make his coffee cake while we are home or just buy from the Mennonite lady.

Poor Joe, he was supposed to catch a plane out of Anchorage tonight at 10:00 but it is delayed an hour, that will cause him to miss his connection in Chicago and instead of arriving here at 10:30 tomorrow morning, he won't be getting in until 3:30! He is going to be one tired puppy. I just talked to him and he is going to try to sleep in his seat right now in Anchorage. Hope someone wakes him if they start boarding while he is asleep!
pwdohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #85

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
We actually have a 70% chance of sunshine! Depends on how you look at your cup you know :-) It very well may stay north of us. We sure could use some though...but enough time for that after the trip of course. Sat and onward appears that the temps are going to be really cooling off to the 70s, I am so thankful for that!

We probably won't be coming in until about dinnertime or a bit later on Thursday, hopefully it will still be light.

We will likely be running home (30 minutes north) to go to a Farmers Market on Friday afternoon and pick up eggs from a Mennonite farmer and that Angel Food cake. Then it will be up to Joe whether he wants to make his coffee cake while we are home or just buy from the Mennonite lady.

Poor Joe, he was supposed to catch a plane out of Anchorage tonight at 10:00 but it is delayed an hour, that will cause him to miss his connection in Chicago and instead of arriving here at 10:30 tomorrow morning, he won't be getting in until 3:30! He is going to be one tired puppy. I just talked to him and he is going to try to sleep in his seat right now in Anchorage. Hope someone wakes him if they start boarding while he is asleep!
Poor Joe! That stinks! We just went through that coming back from Texas. Missed our connecting flight and had a 5-hour delay. Was REALLY ticked! Been up since 4 a.m. - been cleaning out the camper!Sandy
Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #86

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
The tires came today and I had them mounted on the wheels. I packed the bearings and she is washed and ready to go on Friday. I should be there before dark.

Sandy, I am also bringing a fiberglass camper theme cake. We can cut into it friday or saturday, whenever you get the urge for cake.

Also, last chance on a complete set of cushions from my Burro. 12 total. They will fit other makes and models, because I have a Scamp set inside my Burro now. If no takers, they go into the trash when I get home Sunday.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
1985 burro complete! 001.jpg   1985 burro complete! 007.jpg  

Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #87

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13 ft
Sandy- For Saturday breakfast we will be bringing a breakfast casorole. Ed & Gerri D
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:42 AM   #88

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
Sandy- For Saturday breakfast we will be bringing a breakfast casorole. Ed & Gerri D
GREAT! Thanks.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #89

Ohio
Last update

LAST FOOD UPDATE! If you haven't already signed up for food for the potluck dinner Friday evening or the group breakfast Sat. morning, you can just bring whatever you want. I won't have time to post any more updates - leaving this afternoon to get there! Drive safely! See you there! My phone gets emails, so if you need something, please either call or email me & I should get it.
Sandy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rally food and sites.pdf (70.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #90

Ohio
What a Success!

Thanks to all of you who made this the best rally yet! We had 21 sites booked, and had a great variety of sizes and brands of campers. The food was awesome, and the companionship even better! Watch for upcoming photos of the rally shortly!
Sandy
Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #91

Registry
A few pictures from the rally weekend

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010208.jpg   P1010210.jpg  

P1010211.jpg   P1010212.jpg  

P1010201.jpg   P1010218.jpg  

Old 09-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #92

Ohio
Thanks, Mark! Great photos. How is our little buddy doing? We sure enjoyed him!
Sandy
Old 09-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #93

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Webb View Post
Thanks, Mark! Great photos. How is our little buddy doing? We sure enjoyed him!
Sandy
He is doing well. He talked about Grams and Paps on the way home. I hope that he didn't burden you too much over the weekend. He doesn't know a stranger, and took to Larry right away. We all enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to doing it again next year.
Thanks for your hospitality and for organizing a nice event. I hope that someone took more pictures than we did. I downloaded the pictures about an hour ago and was suprised to how little we had.

Mark
Old 09-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #94

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
He is doing well. He talked about Grams and Paps on the way home. I hope that he didn't burden you too much over the weekend. He doesn't know a stranger, and took to Larry right away. We all enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to doing it again next year.
Thanks for your hospitality and for organizing a nice event. I hope that someone took more pictures than we did. I downloaded the pictures about an hour ago and was suprised to how little we had.

Mark

It was my pleasure to organize this! I always have the most fun of all!
We both enjoyed "The D Man". Larry thought that was SO funny! It tickled Larry to death when he came running over when we got back and wanted to be sure to show Pap (and Gram) his little airplane. He wasn't a burden at all! I was missing our grandkids. I was just a little worried HE wouldn't have fun with all these old people, but he seemed to have a great time. I wish he would have had someone his age to play with, though. Most of our fiberglass family are older, but I am SO glad to have new young blood! I am glad you enjoyed it, and hope to see you all next year!
Sandy
Old 09-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #95

Ohio
Sandy Webb's photos of the rally

Please feel free to see our photos at this link. You can order any you want from Snapfish or download them & take them to your local developing place.
Sandy

Flickr: AmericanGrammy's Photostream
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #96

Ohio
New photos added

I just added a new batch of photos that Vicki Hand took at our rally. They are on the same site previously posted under mine.
Sandy Webb
Old 10-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #97

Registry
Hi, I just wanted everyone to know that the Burro is for sale. I listed it on Ebay to sell and I am going to restore a 16' or 17' casita or scamp. If anyone is interrested in my Burro, here is the link to the add: 1985 BURRO 13 CUSTOM. LIKE SCAMP, CASITA ONE OF A KIND!: eBay Motors (item 170546951387 end time Oct-10-10 19:00:00 PDT)

I set the reserve at $7500.00 which is less than the cost to build this trailer in just the materials, not counting labor.

Thanks, Mark