6th Annual OHIO Fall Gathering Sept 23-27, 2010 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
6th Annual OHIO Fall Gathering Sept 23-27, 2010

THURSDAY, SEPT. 23 - MON. SEPT. 27

I have checked out several other campgrounds and cannot find one laid out as well as Caesar Creek, so decided to have it there again. Barb Claude was so sweet as to go check out the restrooms there & discovered a MUCH nicer shower house in the A loop. We could go up there to shower if you want. That loop is not reservable, unfortunately. We are in the same pet loop as we have been each year. I will be booking the same site (#149) as I always have, so it will be easy to find me.

We are planning a homemade ice cream get-together for Friday evening late. Terry is so generous she is bringing the ice cream mix for all. If anyone WANTS to bring cookies, brownies, or one topping for the ice cream, feel free to do so. Saturday morning will be our wonderful breakfast get-together where each family brings a dish to share. Saturday evening will be our group dinner at Der Dutchman in Waynesville.

Terry Riley had a GREAT idea, which we could certainly incorporate into our Friday evening. If anyone has a dutch oven and/or good dutch oven recipes, it would be fun to do a group campout with dutch oven (or other) cooking to share!

Also, if anyone has a corn hole or other games, feel free to bring it along. Last year it poured down rain (first time for our rallies!) If anyone has an enclosed shelter they want to bring, just in case, that would be great.

If you have any changes in email addresses, phone numbers, address, etc. please email me at sew4388[at]woh.rr.com & give them to me. This list will only be passed out at the rally for security purposes, & not posted. If you do NOT wish to share your personal info, please let me know.

Caesar Creek State Park Campgrounds is near the junction of I-71 and I-73 near Wilmington, OH. If you are heading south, get off I-71 [at] exit 45 (OH route 73 toward Waynesville) & turn left. Go across the "bridge" over I-71 & almost as soon as you get over the "bridge", turn left on OH route 380 (service station on the corner). Go about 3 miles & turn left onto Center Rd. which dead ends into the state park in about 1.5 miles. down.

If you are coming south on I-75, take exit 38 (FRANKLIN/SPRINGBORO exit) & go through Waynesville staying on OH route 73 and go about 19.5 miles until you go over the "bridge" across I-71 & turn left very quickly after the bridge (service station on the corner where you turn) onto OH route 380. Go about 3 miles & turn left onto Center Rd. which dead ends into the park.

[2010 RALLY FOR CASITA OWNERS, & OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME, REGARDLESS OF WHAT TYPE OF CAMPING EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE!!

DATE: ARRIVAL THURSDAY, SEPT. 23, 2009
DEPARTURE – MON. SEPT. 27

(Some of us are planning to stay until Monday.)

Please join us for the 6th annual Ohio Fall Gathering (EVERYONE is welcome – we love out-of-staters!!) Egg Rally at Caesar Creek State Park Campground, near the intersection of I-71 & St. Rt. 73 in southern OH.

COME IN A CASITA, ANY OTHER CAMPER OR RV, A TENT, OR JUST SLEEP UNDER THE STARS, BUT DO COME, PLEASE!! If you can't come until Friday, that is just fine!

The campgrounds is about 15 miles east of Waynesville, a charming town full of antique shops & a great Amish restaurant, Der Dutchman, where I would love to set up a group meal on Sat. evening if anyone is interested. They have a nice buffet, usually with beef, GREAT fried chicken, & ham, plus mashed potatoes, veggies, homemade noodles, salad bar, etc. for about $13each (INC. TAX, does NOT include drink or dessert) or you can order from the menu. There is a wonderful gift shop next door to the restaurant.

At the campground, there is a private swimming beach, fishing, boating (launch at the campground dock), showers (nothing to brag about!!) & full hookups available. There are 2 pet loops, which we always stay in so that all our friends may bring their babies!

Between the campground and Waynesville, there is a Pioneer Village, Renaissance Festival (discount tickets available online), BIG flea market (only about 5miles from the flea market & open Sat. & Sun. 9-5).

Here are some links you may find helpful with directions & info on some of these things:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/caesarck.htm (State Park & reservations)

http://www.ohiohistory.org/places/ftancien/#hours (Ft. Ancient)

http://www.waynesvilleohio.com/attractions.htm (Waynesville & surrounding area attractions about 15 miles West of our campgrounds on Rt. 73.) Waynesville has LOTS of neat antique shops, a BIG fabric store, etc. (P.S. Blue Jacket Outdoor Drama & some other events may be closed by then)

http://www.dhgroup.com/restaurants/ddrwaynesville (GREAT - Der Dutchman restaurant & NICE gift shop)

http://www.renfestival.com (Renaissance Festival & ADVANCED SALE discount tickets)

http://www.caesarscreekvillage.org (Pioneer Village near Caesar Village)

http://www.caesarcreek.com (Flea Market)

About 30-35 miles SW of Caesar Creek, off I-75 in Monroe, OH, there are 2 more Flea Markets directly across I-75 from each other (how DUMB are they??? Ha! Ha!)

http://www.tradersworldmarket.com (HUGE Flea Market) and

http://www.turtlecreeks.com (Big Flea Market – similar in size to Caesar Creek)

Sandy Webb
Please feel free to e-mail me at:sew4388[at]woh.rr.com any time or call me on my cell phone at 937-335-4388. I can't always answer if I am showing houses, etc., so leave a message if you want to. (Obviously, I am a Realtor – 35 years now!) Feel free to call my husband, Larry on his cell phone at 937-216-9707.
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #2

Trailer: Compact Jr
Hi Sandy, You are correct. this is a verry nice layout for a campground. we stayed there last year and went to the renfest and had a ball. we will be in Niagra Canada the weekend before but we will see if we can get there also. looks like alot of fun.
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Heath and Candy, it will be nice to add more fiberglass to the mix. We have an open house after the Sat. morning breakfast and everyone is always especiallly excited to see other kinds of eggs.

It is a great group of people and I think you will be glad you came. Terry R.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #4

Thanks Terry. I hope to be able to make it, but like I said, we will be at the Niagra wine tour the weekend before and not sure if I can get 2 fridays in a row off. I hope to but cnat be sure for a while. I see you live in Akron, have you thought about the canada trip? I drive truck for a living and it is a nice srive up there. only 4 hrs to Bufalo from here. Just a thought. will let you all know later if we can make it.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Hello Sandy, looks like a great gathering. We have been trying to put this on our calendar for a couple years, looks good for this year. Questions? Do you have a group area or do we book a site on our own? Is the park booked heavily at that time or are sites available upon arrival? We usually dry camp with the egg and a solar panel, are there sites without power or group areas? Looking forward to meeting everyone, we love icecream! We are in the extreme NE part of Ohio and will gladly host anyone heading our way, we are only 5miles from I90. Hope to see everyone in Sept.
Ed
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #6

Just checked the callender for the renfest and looks like that weekend is barbarian invasion week. that should be a hoot! My wife and I actualy renewd our vows there for our 10th ann. we have always enjoyed the renfest and it is a good one for those into that sort of thing.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We are thinking about this one. We've not been to a rally yet. We just got our Burro this Spring and are in the process of renovating. It would be fun to meet everyone and see all the eggs.

TaraUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #8

Ed, everyone just reserves their own space. We all try to get a space in the pet section near site 149 on either side of the road. It is nice to have everyone close together. It is no problem to get a site, since school is back in, but the pet area seems to go first.

Heath, it is not a problem to only come for a day or two. If you make it on Friday night, you will be there for the pot luck breakfast and "open egg" on Sat morning. It is a rather informal gathering of really great people. Terry R
Old 07-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #9

Ohio
Quote:
Hi Sandy, You are correct. this is a verry nice layout for a campground. we stayed there last year and went to the renfest and had a ball. we will be in Niagra Canada the weekend before but we will see if we can get there also. looks like alot of fun.

Oh, we would love for you to join us! Would suggest sites 152, 153, 187, 189 which are right in the middle of our group OR book ones right next to these.

Hope to see you. We have a ball!

Sandy
Old 07-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #10

Ohio
Quote:
Hello Sandy, looks like a great gathering. We have been trying to put this on our calendar for a couple years, looks good for this year. Questions? Do you have a group area or do we book a site on our own? Is the park booked heavily at that time or are sites available upon arrival? We usually dry camp with the egg and a solar panel, are there sites without power or group areas? Looking forward to meeting everyone, we love icecream! We are in the extreme NE part of Ohio and will gladly host anyone heading our way, we are only 5miles from I90. Hope to see everyone in Sept.
Ed

My bad. I keep forgetting to check posts on this site - am used to using the Casita site! Thank goodness for Terry Riley - she is always on the ball! Speaking of a ball, we always have one. I would suggest booking sites 152, 153, 187, 189 right now OR ones adjacent to these. We have 7 registered now & several more getting ready to book. It is not usually crowded at this time of the year. Weather is usually great & not so stinkin' hot at that time. Last year was the 1st year it rained on our parade, but some Casita friends had big canopies & we ate our group breakfast under them. Check with the campgrounds if you want dry camping, but you will have more fun in the middle of us nuts!! Please join us!
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/overnight...26/Default.aspx

Sandy Webb
Old 07-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #11

Ohio
Quote:
We are thinking about this one. We've not been to a rally yet. We just got our Burro this Spring and are in the process of renovating. It would be fun to meet everyone and see all the eggs.
My bad. I never think to check this site. Thank goodness for Terry Riley! We do have a great time. We are trying some things different this year, at Terry's suggestion. On Friday night we are going to have a Dutch oven gathering & anyone can bring anything to it that they made in a Dutch oven (or any oven is fine). We plan to have another homemade ice cream social where people can bring brownies, cookies, etc. to eat with it. On Sat. a.m. we gooble 'til we wobble at our group breakfast, then anyone who wants tours the campers there for ideas. Sat. evening we all eat at Der Dutchman in Waynesville. Please join us. You won't regret it.
Sandy Webb
Old 07-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #12

Ohio
Quote:
My bad. I never think to check this site. Thank goodness for Terry Riley! We do have a great time. We are trying some things different this year, at Terry's suggestion. On Friday night we are going to have a Dutch oven gathering & anyone can bring anything to it that they made in a Dutch oven (or any oven is fine). We plan to have another homemade ice cream social where people can bring brownies, cookies, etc. to eat with it. On Sat. a.m. we gooble 'til we wobble at our group breakfast, then anyone who wants tours the campers there for ideas. Sat. evening we all eat at Der Dutchman in Waynesville.
Please join us. You won't regret it. Would suggest sites 152, 153, 187, 189 OR adjacent to those sites.
Sandy Webb
Old 07-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #13

Trailer: Casita
Hi... Just signed up for site 187. Arrive Sept 22 and leave morning Sept 28. Extremely new to Casita (yet to even tow it). My very first "frustration point" was not knowing how to retract the rear stabilizers. The manual doesn't include instructions to pull down the square tubes to dis-engage the 'catch' to allow the jack to be stowed for travel. '

Joe and Cricket Lacey
Surprise, AZ
Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #14

Joe and Cricket, I think you may be win the prize for coming the farthest. It will be great to have you there. Terry R.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #15

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
We are booked into site 171 and are looking forward to meeting everyone. If we can help anywhere or can bring anything let us know. We have been to many ralleys and attend the Bolerama Ralleys in Ontario for the last four years. We had to change plans this year due to some health issues which are now on the mend. Think cool fall weather, the heat and humidity will be gone.
Ed
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
If I am unable to come and camp, are curous on lookers welcome? I am currently restoring my 1985 Burro, but with my son being back in school and other obligations I may not be able to dedicate the whole weekend. I live in Northern Kentucky and only about an hour from the campground. May be able to do a night and a day. I have never been to a rally or any type of fiberglass gathering, and don't want to be the outcast for showing up and running out early. LOL

Thanks, Mark
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #17

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
OK, I did it, I reserved site # 148. Hopefully I will be able to stay the entire weekend...
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #18

Looking forward to meeting you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
OK, I did it, I reserved site # 148. Hopefully I will be able to stay the entire weekend...
Hi Mark..... Cricket and I (joe) are also extremely new at rallies.... and our first in a Casita. We are coming from Surprise, AZ (suburb of Phoenix). You will probably recognize me... dazed eyes, large pad of paper (for taking notes) in one hand and probably being led around by a more knowledgeable Casita owner by the other hand.

-joe (aka Pen man)
Joe Lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
Joe and Cricket, I think you may be win the prize for coming the farthest. It will be great to have you there. Terry R.
Just had an opportunity to see that I am considered a 'junior member'. Since you are a Senior Member..... how about explaining how I got the 'junior member' status? <grin>
-joe
Joe Lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #20

I believe it has to do with the number of posts you have. Welcome, we look forward to meeting you at the get together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lacey View Post
Just had an opportunity to see that I am considered a 'junior member'. Since you are a Senior Member..... how about explaining how I got the 'junior member' status? <grin>
-joe