IN 8th Annual Fiberglass Rally & Fish Fry - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #29

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Steve I have one word for that.....

Crappie Pole!

The one I have is a nice aluminum 3 section deal that is much stronger than the pool skimmer pole that I also have.

I have also used fiberglass painters poles and they work well and are non conductive which can't be a bad thing.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #30

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe
Randy, Connie & "wynnie" will be on site 6

Old 02-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #31

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Casita SD
Illinois
Good to hear from old friends as well as new ones. If you haven't done this before, you should make every effort to come.

We've got site 15 for five nights starting Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Jerry and Lynda Wedeking
Old 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #32

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
Started the reservation process. Stated the campground is Pakota Reservoir 40 miles. Is this what I want?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #33

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
No, the site should let you select Spring Mill State Park. At the Indiana DNR page, click on the Reserve Your Campsite logo about half way down the left side of the page. It looks like a tent. This will take you to a search box. Select type: travel trailer, City: Mitchell, Park: Spring Mill. It will ask for dates, too. Then hit search and you should get the screen that lets you click on See Details for sites. When you get to all the sites still open, you can click on them individually to see what each site is like and what the slope is.

Have fun!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #34

Name: Jan
Trailer: in the market
Ohio
new to the fiberglass world

My husband and I are still tent camping but we know we want to purchase a fiberglass trailer in the near future. Spring Mill is not far from where we live in Cincinnati and we love the area. Is it okay for fiberglass campers-to-be come to the rally to check out what's out there? So many of the trailers for sale are in Canada and on the west coast. We would love to be able to talk to owners about the pros and cons of their trailers. And it's my honey's birthday weekend and we just HAVE to do something really special to celebrate.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #35

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejan View Post
My husband and I are still tent camping but we know we want to purchase a fiberglass trailer in the near future. Spring Mill is not far from where we live in Cincinnati and we love the area. Is it okay for fiberglass campers-to-be come to the rally to check out what's out there? So many of the trailers for sale are in Canada and on the west coast. We would love to be able to talk to owners about the pros and cons of their trailers. And it's my honey's birthday weekend and we just HAVE to do something really special to celebrate.
You folks are more than welcome to come join us, we will be happy to show you our trailers and answer any questions you may have.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #36

Ohio
Thanks! We are really looking forward to meeting you all in May.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #37

Michigan
The egg Camper factory is in Grandville, MI. I know that's what, 400 or so miles, but not as far as to Casita or Scamp.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #38

Michigan
Just reserved site 9. Bob & Grace will be there in our "Easter Egg."
Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #39

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Registry
I didn't want to work too hard on this...and it looks it.

A quick map showing the attendees so far. Helps me since I'm poor with names.

Will update periodically if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Mill CG2a.JPG  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #40

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
The egg Camper factory is in Grandville, MI. I know that's what, 400 or so miles, but not as far as to Casita or Scamp.
Thanks for the information. We haven't decided if we want new or used. We've seen Bolers, Scamps, UHauls and Casitas and the longer we look, the more types there seem to be out there. We love Michigan and always jump at any excuse to head north. BTW, we've invited friends to come as well--another pair of tent campers who are starting to feel their age.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejan View Post
--another pair of tent campers who are starting to feel their age.
Exactly how I ended up in a trailer myself. Woke up one morning in early October with heavy hoar frost on the tent and grass...and as I was flailing away (squeak-squeak) pumping up the Coleman stove, my feet getting damp from the frost melting on my shoes, I thought "I dearly love camping but this cold and damp is just getting to me." By the end of October I had my own Casita (a friend had one so I was familiar with the brand.)

On frosty mornings I still get a shiver but it's of satisfaction as I pad about in my stocking feet, coffee in hand in my toasty trailer.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #42

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks for the graphic, Steve. By the way, do the colors indicate trailer types or is there some other reason for them?

Tags
rally