NS 8TH ANNUAL MARITIME VINTAGE FIBERGLASS RALLY 07/19/ to 07/21/2013 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #15

Name: Dave & Elinor
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Registry
Elinor and I will be going down east as usual to the Bay of Fundy every year but had to hurry home last year and missed out in the New Brunswick get together and hopefully we can make it to Beddeck this year . I never been to the northern part of NS my wife has many moons ago .

Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #16

Name: Bizzian
Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Ontario
Registry
Dave, how do you get down there when you go? Do you go right through Montreal? How many days do you take?
We are thinking of going to Baddeck. We usually cross at Hawkesbury and drive across the top to Trois Riviere before heading down the south side of the River.
See you in May at EggFest
Vivian & Paul

Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #17

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Cape Breton View Post
Hi Vivian Layne-Parkin, I hope we have great weather next year. Always a concern here in Cape Breton we are like Nfld, you just never know. Thanks for the assurance I am hoping that everything goes well, keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you can attend next year we are always welcoming friends with open arms.
Hi again Alison: We want to come to Baddeck however, we can't book ahead as we have our house listed so we could be in the middle of a move and unable. Do you think we could find a spot if we just showed up?
Thanks
Vivian
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #18

Ontario
Registry
Journey down east or is it up east

Hi Vivian and Paul ,
Elinor and I leave Belleville around 6 am and usually drive thru Montreal and thru the Tunnel . We try to hit Montreal between 9:30 am , 10:30 am to avoid rush hours and stop in Edmundston NB at the Provincial Park or Iroquois Trailer Park around supper time . We get to NS the following day in the early afternoon .
On the way back home we stop at Edmundston NB again and next day we drive thru Montreal around 7 pm and then home . Long drive

If you want to take your time ,camp in Quebec and then in NewBrunswick .

We might take our time going down this year .
If you do go down let us know and we might be able to make a wagon train going down .(20 trailers all in a row )

Photo below from Kingston egg fest last year

PS We sold our house last Oct 2012 and moved down the street two blocks away . Still getting settled just unpacked the last box .
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0364.jpg  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #19

Ontario
Registry
We probably can't pre-book for the East Coast one, so would have to take our chances. I left a message for Alison to see if that might be a possibility. I doubt we'll do the "through Montreal" thing. Neither Paul nor I have the best eyesight in the world and we hate city traffic, so we'll probably stick to our route through Hawkesbury, then take 148, 158 and 138 to Trois Riviere before we cross to the south shore and hit highway 20. Will see you both in May anyway.
Hopefully we will be moved by July but probably not.
We do plan on hitting Quebec bolerama in September. It is just outside Drummondville this year. We enjoy it every year.
Vivian 7 Paul
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #20

Ontario
Registry
We are booked in
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #21

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
ATTENTION: 8TH ANNUAL VINTAGE FIBERGLASS RALLY IS A GO!

RESERVE YOUR SITE NOW FOR JULY19 -21ST IN BADDECK CAPE BRETON NOVA SCOTIA

Book At The Baddeck Cabot Trail Campground Now! | Baddeck Cabot Trail Campground

Reservations : 1 866 404 4199
Information : 1 902 295 2288
Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #22

Ontario
Registry
Wish we could go but with the house for sale, we just have no idea ahead of time if we will be in the middle of a move. We may head that way and try to find a campground close by to drop over for a visit. We have friends in Halifax we can always go visit.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #23

Nova Scotia
Registry
Baddeck Cabot Trail Campground | Simply The Best Camping On The Cabot Trail!

ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS AT THE CAMPGROUND: FOR THE 8TH ANNUAL MARITIME VINTAGE FIBERGLASS RV RALLY

This should be a great rally this year, like other years many have already booked sites. So, far aprox 20+ have registered within 1 week of opening the registry. We are very excited.

We have planned a fun get to know each other evening with a game my mom and I have created.

We are also contacting the Gaelic College in St. Ann's to see if we can get a bagpipper or fiddle player in to welcome all and maybe some highland dancers.

We of course will be having our annual buffet on Sat evening with some fun and prizes.

We are hoping all will enjoy the hospitality of the Island and take in some of the many attractions such as the Cabot Trail, Miners Museum, Fortress of Louisburg, Salmon Fishing in the Margaree and of course the many trails provided in the area.

So why not come on down for a visit, we are sure the tea will be hot and great conversation will be in full swing.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #24

Nova Scotia
Registry
So happy to know you are coming Dave, cannot wait to see you there. Safe driving.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #25

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Cape Breton View Post
So happy to know you are coming Dave, cannot wait to see you there. Safe driving.
Since our house is for sale we cannot pre-commit but want to come. If we are stable with a home, we'll just come down and hope for the best. We have friends in several cities in NS so will have other things to do if we can't get in.
Bizzian
Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #26

Nova Scotia
Registry
Vivian please don't worry, the campground is huge so if you can come, wonderful. We would be thrilled to have you.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #27

Ontario
Registry
Thanks Alison, we'll try to be there.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #28

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Alison,

Have my eyes missed what part of the campground you all are making your reservations for?

Shame on us, we drove right past this area without exploring when we did the Trail. So, I'm looking into another trip out that way. Not sure we are up to such a long trip in July, but thinking.

Nancy

Tags
rally