NS 8TH ANNUAL MARITIME VINTAGE FIBERGLASS RALLY 07/19/ to 07/21/2013 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #41

Name: Liz
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
Ontario
Hi Alison et al,
New to this posting thing., but wanted to let you know that "Littlefoot" 17 ft Casita (Garry & Liz Walmsley) from Carleton Place ON will be joining the Rally . We have booked site#208. We were at Eggfest in May @ Grafton. Decided to "do" some of the Maritimes again and why not take in the Rally!
Look forward to seeing lots of folks.(new & old)
Liz
Littlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #42

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
Hi Liz,

Wow, welcome to the joy of fiberglass rving. It is a blast and we just love new people joining all the time. I am so happy you are setting aside a bit of your time to join us. We will welcome one and all to enjoy this time in Cape Breton, my home Island. I am sure you will have a great time. See you there.
Alison and Patricia
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #43

Trailer: Eggcamper 2008
Hi Alison,

We are planning to be at the rally in site 17. I believe that we forgot to say so earlier. Looking forward to it.

Darald and Pat
Darald & Pat S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #44

Nova Scotia
Registry
Wonderful news Darald and Pat S. So glad you will be attending. We will be thrilled to welcome you. I will be on site 1 so if you need anything just let me know. Cannot wait. We have lots planned. See you then. Alison
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #45

Name: Julie
Trailer: Homemade Teardrop
Nova Scotia
Just booked my site.

Just booked my site and it looks like my father may be coming to with his camper? We are at 91 and 92. The fellow I was talking to said there are approx. 45 sites booked! Good job Allison and family!
Julesap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #46

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 16
New Hampshire
Are there any mountain biking destinations nearby? I did a few quick searches but I don't know the area so I'm not sure what to look for. Single-track preferred but fire roads and rail trails that allow bikers is fine too.
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #47

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium
New Hampshire
Registry
We are hoping to register tomorrow for Cape Bretton. Ready or not here we come. We are working furiously to restore our "76 Trillium. If the rain holds off we may get her painted. Still needs lots of work. We are really excited to attend our first camper rally. Mike, Brenda, and Sammi from New Hampshire
msinger919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #48

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Good to see another NH camper at the rally. You picked a great rally for your first one.

Ron, Jane, and Emma.
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #49

Nova Scotia
Registry
Wow wonderful that everyone is coming to the rally. Cannot wait to see you all. Chuyler1 yes there are some trails one goes to a waterfall it is a few minutes from the park in the town of Baddeck. If you go up to Cheticamp or Ingonish there are more options. You can even take your bike up Skyline Trail to the top of a mountain and there are stairs down one side of cliff to the water. It is awesome.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #50

New Hampshire
Thanks Alison. I'm a bit bummed I can't make it now. I put in for the time off but we have planning meetings from the 18th-23rd...not the weekend but its too far to drive for 2 days. Hopefully I can meet up with you guys at a future date.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #51

Nova Scotia
Registry
Thank you for letting me know. I am sorry you will not be able to attend but hopefully next year. If you are able to come up to Cape Breton sometime this year, make sure you go to The Cabot Trail. If you have a bike there are multiple trails mapped for biking like Skyline, Clyburn Valley and Warren's Lake to name just a few. Let me know if you make it up this way I am always on the Trail we could get together.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #52

New Hampshire
Sounds great! I'll definitely let you know.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #53

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Elinor and I are starting to pack the trailer and car like stuffed turkeys, then will head for our little favourite camp ground in NS Old Shipyard Beach Campground and then over to the Baddeck rally . If anyone is heading out early ,the old ship yard is a nice little spot to camp ,check out local interests on web site .
Will bring some yard sale stuff and some little paintings to sell. If there are door prizes ,we will bring a donation of some sort . Looking forward to meeting everyone .
Dave and Elinor
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #54

Nova Scotia
Registry
Wow, thanks Dave. We have awesome little prizes for bingo and door prizes. I never stayed at the campground you mentioned but I will check it out. I am just finishing up the last bit of painting on my trailer. It is going to look great, people will surely know who I am when they see it on the road. Yes please bring some yard sale stuff we love to look and buy. Paintings are always of interest to me so bring a few. Thank you for a donation we surely appreciate it. Alison and Patricia
Old 07-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #55

Name: Hilda & Dick
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
New to group

We are new to this, just purchased a Scamp a couple of months ago. It is a 2007 so not really "vintage", but certainly fiberglass! We made our reservation a while ago for the rally and are looking forward to it (and hope it stops raining some). See you all there!
rhweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #56

Nova Scotia
Registry
Wonderful news Hilda and Dick. We will be thrilled to meet you. There are a few people from your state already booked for the rally also. I hope the weather is great it hasn't rained here in 2 weeks. I hope it stays sunny for that weekend. You both should have a great trip up and if you need anything let us know. See you there. Alison.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #57

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hope to hear a report from this gathering that we were unable to make.

I was there in spirit watching the Baddeck Web Cam. Looked like really nice weather.

Nova Scotia Webcams - Baddeck | Cape Breton
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #58

Name: Greg
Trailer: Ventura
Nova Scotia
Beddeck Cape Breton Rally

Fun time! Alison and family did an AWESOME job, felt very welcome by the group. Cape Breton is always beautiful, even if you do have a thunderous light show from a passing rain storm. Thanks Alison
Turfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #59

Nova Scotia
Registry
So glad you enjoyed it Turfit. We wished you were there Nancy but we did have a great time. I think everyone liked the area and I hope to see everyone at next years rally in PEI.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #60

Name: Ginny
Trailer: Escape
Alaska
Registry
Had a wonderful time at the rally. Thank you for a job well done, Allyson! This was our first rally but certainly not our last. Can't believe how friendly everyone was and we hope to renew some newly made friendships in PEI next year. Mike and Ginny Bilz
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally