NS 8TH ANNUAL MARITIME VINTAGE FIBERGLASS RALLY 07/19/ to 07/21/2013 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #1

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
8TH ANNUAL MARITIME VINTAGE FIBERGLASS RALLY 07/19/ to 07/21/2013

URL to Campground's Website (if available): [B]]Baddeck Cabot Trail Campground Images | Camping Photos taken at our campground | Baddeck Cabot Trail Campground
Nearest City or Town: BADDECK
State/Province: Nova Scotia
Rally Organizer's Profile: Alison Cape Breton
Campground Name: Baddeck Cabot Trail Campground
WE HAVE SET A DATE: 8TH ANNUAL MARITIME VINTAGE RV RALLY

Welcome all campers old and new. Enjoy the great Cape Breton hospitality next summer. Come see why Cape Breton is ranked 2nd in the world for our beautiful Cabot Trail and surrounding areas. Plenty to do and see for both young and old alike. Why not come and join us around a fire for great evening fun or just come take in the breathe taking scenery in the area. Even go into the town of Baddeck where you will find the Alexander Graham Bell Museum in his home town.

The campground is at the starting point to the Cabot Trail and only aprox 30-45min to beautiful Cheticamp where the community is also anxious for our vintage eggs to visit. Due to unavailability of campsite with power in Cheticamp the Baddeck Cabot Trail Campground were excited to have us.

More information will be updated before April and reservations will be permitted in the middle of April 2013 for the campground.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
The campground link works if you take the /bad off.

What are the dates for the rally?
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The dates for this rally are July 19-21 2013.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #4

Nova Scotia
Registry
Thanks Briantb, I forgot to add the dates to this message. It will be start on the 19th with check in for the Rally starting at 4pm and then on the 21st of July will be the final day of the rally. More information to follow through the winter.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #5

Nova Scotia
Registry
Thank you also Carol H for adding the dates for me, it was very nice of you to do that. I am new at hosting a rally but will learn all the ins and outs I hope.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
We hope to be there. We hosted our first last year in Kingston, Ontario and it went well. We had a glitch with the campground but since I always figure there'll be one or two, we managed and had a great time so I am sure you'll do well.
Vivian (EggFestOntario) & Paul
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #7

Nova Scotia
Registry
Hi Vivian Layne-Parkin, I hope we have great weather next year. Always a concern here in Cape Breton we are like Nfld, you just never know. Thanks for the assurance I am hoping that everything goes well, keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you can attend next year we are always welcoming friends with open arms.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #8

Registry
You are welcome and like you, we hope for good weather when we have our Eggfest in May.
Vivian
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #9

Name: Ginny
Trailer: Escape
Alaska
Registry
We're vintage but our Scamp isn't. Are we welcome?
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #10

Name: Harvey
Trailer: 1972 Trillium
Nova Scotia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerB View Post
We're vintage but our Scamp isn't. Are we welcome?
Yes, you're more than welcome.
Harvey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #11

Name: Ginny
Trailer: Escape
Alaska
Registry
We spend time in Cape Breton every summer but last year was our first scamping trip. We spent two weeks at Broad Brook. It was great.
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #12

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We went two years ago with a Scamp and Casita....had a blast and felt very welcome. There were Escapes and Eggcampers as well. A good chance to see our egg history.

Of course the rally site is great. Save time for a loop of Cape Bretan and/or a visit to Louisberg

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #13

Nova Scotia
Registry
Well I hope all have a great New Year and we cannot wait to welcome everyone vintage or not, lol to Cape Breton Island. I am hoping everyone has a good time and Ginger B you must have meant to say Broad Cove campground there is the best right on the beach I didn't think people would want to climb the mountain to there so we decided on Baddeck. Cheticamp didn't have enough power sites for all of us we would have mostly unserviced sites so Baddeck was thrilled to have us. It is only aprox 1 hour drive to Cheticamp and I will have plenty of information about it and other attractions in the area. See you all soon. Alison
Old 12-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #14

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Wish I had the time to come!! I am soooo jealous of those who get to explore the Cape this summer. If I was going and had never been to that area before I would be sure to include time and a trip down the Nova Scotia 3 to Chester and UNESCO World heritage site of the town of Lunenburg NS. Only one word to describe the coast of cape Breton and Nova Scotia & all the heritage that goes with it - Awesome. Hope to make it back one day with lots of time on my hands. Hope you have a great meet!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #15

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Elinor and I will be going down east as usual to the Bay of Fundy every year but had to hurry home last year and missed out in the New Brunswick get together and hopefully we can make it to Beddeck this year . I never been to the northern part of NS my wife has many moons ago .
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #16

Registry
Dave, how do you get down there when you go? Do you go right through Montreal? How many days do you take?
We are thinking of going to Baddeck. We usually cross at Hawkesbury and drive across the top to Trois Riviere before heading down the south side of the River.
See you in May at EggFest
Vivian & Paul
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Cape Breton View Post
Hi Vivian Layne-Parkin, I hope we have great weather next year. Always a concern here in Cape Breton we are like Nfld, you just never know. Thanks for the assurance I am hoping that everything goes well, keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you can attend next year we are always welcoming friends with open arms.
Hi again Alison: We want to come to Baddeck however, we can't book ahead as we have our house listed so we could be in the middle of a move and unable. Do you think we could find a spot if we just showed up?
Thanks
Vivian
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #18

Registry
Journey down east or is it up east

Hi Vivian and Paul ,
Elinor and I leave Belleville around 6 am and usually drive thru Montreal and thru the Tunnel . We try to hit Montreal between 9:30 am , 10:30 am to avoid rush hours and stop in Edmundston NB at the Provincial Park or Iroquois Trailer Park around supper time . We get to NS the following day in the early afternoon .
On the way back home we stop at Edmundston NB again and next day we drive thru Montreal around 7 pm and then home . Long drive

If you want to take your time ,camp in Quebec and then in NewBrunswick .

We might take our time going down this year .
If you do go down let us know and we might be able to make a wagon train going down .(20 trailers all in a row )

Photo below from Kingston egg fest last year

PS We sold our house last Oct 2012 and moved down the street two blocks away . Still getting settled just unpacked the last box .
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0364.jpg  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #19

Registry
We probably can't pre-book for the East Coast one, so would have to take our chances. I left a message for Alison to see if that might be a possibility. I doubt we'll do the "through Montreal" thing. Neither Paul nor I have the best eyesight in the world and we hate city traffic, so we'll probably stick to our route through Hawkesbury, then take 148, 158 and 138 to Trois Riviere before we cross to the south shore and hit highway 20. Will see you both in May anyway.
Hopefully we will be moved by July but probably not.
We do plan on hitting Quebec bolerama in September. It is just outside Drummondville this year. We enjoy it every year.
Vivian 7 Paul
Old 03-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #20

Registry
We are booked in

Tags
rally