Any Coloradoians interested? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #41

Trailer: Casita
Actually, full hookups in my case is just water and elec too.

There is a KOA south of town which is medium ok - I stayed there several years ago

Ken
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #42

Trailer: 2007 Casita
To tell the truth I am a full hookup kinda gal, but I can survive every once in a while with less for a short time . KOA is fine with me, but if someone else has a better idea, let us know, Not a huge fan of KOA's but they work in a pinch. Since I have never stayed in the Springs I don't know of any but will try and investgate other options. Robin

KenJ, where are your meetings at? Which end of town. The Springs can be a bear to get around at certain times of the day.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #43

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
I did a search in woodalls, and this is what I found...
In CO springs:

Fountain creek RV park-719-633-2192 ($34)

Garden of the Gods campground - 800-248-9451 ($40-49)

Goldfield RV park-888-471-0495 10-50% off with good sams, passport, etc. ($28-35)

Rangler RV Ranch and Motel-(719)591-1402 ($26-28)

Mountaindale Campground and Cabins (719)576-0619 ($29-35)

The KOA is in Fountain CO, ($31-55) off of exit 132.
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #44

I was just searching myself Pam and basically found the same as you, didn't run across the Rangler one..... Just went and found it, not such good ratings so maybe we should stay with any of the others mentioned. Are you going to try and join us? It would be great to finally get to camp with other egg's.

Oh and a FYI- Sometime this fall ( I called, won't be ready for this trip, But next spring?) our State Park system is updateing Cheyenne Mountain State Park Campground with 51 full hook-ups..............hmmmm, I am thinking the Spring thing! Anyway, I thought it was great to see that maybe some of our Colorado Lotterey dollars are actually making it to our State Parks.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #45

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
I was just searching myself Pam and basically found the same as you, didn't run across the Rangler one..... Just went and found it, not such good ratings so maybe we should stay with any of the others mentioned. Are you going to try and join us? It would be great to finally get to camp with other egg's.
I don't know if I will be able to get away...the suburu we bought suffered major engine damage when a hole occurred in the oil filter. My suburban is a major gas hog. But...if we happen to get a surprise check...

The state park currently has no camping available...I saw that but eliminated it.

Robin!!
Where is your 30th reunion?

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #46

Pam, Ojai Calif, actually there will be a fiberglass rally at a lake just outside of Ojai the weekend after my reunion. Wish I could at least go say Hi, but I am probably heading north mid-week since I will be in Ojai for the week before my reunion helping with it. That's why I would love to get a egg campout together for this fall. Well hopefully that unexpected check will show up for you Robin
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 AM   #47

My meetings in the Springs are for Boy Scouts - 1/2 day Friday and all day Sat - they are in some hotel in town - and I don't know where yet - I'm sure at some point someone will let me know... :-) I plan to head for Durango sometime on Sunday - probably around noon or so - just want to get there before dark.

All this means I won't be around a whole lot, but was hoping to help you get folks interested.

Ken J.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #48

Thanks Ken! As I said, I don't really care where, so if someone has an idea............ Please jump in! Robin
Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #49

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / Infiniti SUV
F.Y.I., since you're looking for a Colorado Springs camp, our local Good Sam Chapter went to the Springs four days last week and stayed at Golden Eagle Ranch campground:

http://www.maymuseum-camp-rvpark.com/

They all seemed to enjoy the trip and the facilities. (We didn't go, so no first-hand evaluation.) Trip was arranged and wagon-mastered by former Durango G.S. members who now live in the Springs.

You might want to check out this park. (It appears to be a huge park.)
George Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #50

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
Quote:
My meetings in the Springs are for Boy Scouts - 1/2 day Friday and all day Sat - they are in some hotel in town -
Ken J.
Ken, Are you going to the CDC? If so, wow, small world. This will be the first year I have missed in awhile.

I will be out of town that weekend and I will miss both the CDC and the get together.

Dean
Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #51

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
OK. I'm sitting here contemplating making a reservation at the Golden Eagle Ranch campground for the nights of the 26th and 27th. I looked at their web site and it looks like a good place with hundreds of sites and a reasonable daily fee. Anyone else in?

I'll wait until tomorrow morning before getting on their site and making the reservation to see if I'll be sitting there by myself or surrounded by a sea of fiberglass.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #52

We're in. Anyone else? Haven't heard from KenJ lately.

Anyone else up for Colorado Springs the 26th and 27th?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #53

Just gettin back from our trip to Fort Collins - great time with the trailer - went over to Glenwood Springs - rode the Vail bike path which is cool, stayed a night in Del Norte and back home today - so I've been away from computers - Did 1392 miles - most with trailer in tow...

So what is CDC? I'm going to be at Woodbadge training, so I'm not sure what they call it - other than Woodbadge training

Anyway, let me regroup, clean up the trailer and stuff and I'll let you know what my plans are for next weekend - we've had some twists in our schedule - so I'll let you all know in a day or so what my final plans are..

Ken J.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #54

Great Ken, Orlen and I were wondering where you were. Let us know! Robin
Old 09-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #55

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
Quote:
So what is CDC? I'm going to be at Woodbadge training, so I'm not sure what they call it - other than Woodbadge training
Ken J.
The CDC is the Boy Scout's Woodbadge Course Directors Conference. It is referred to as the Course Directors Conference or CDC. Congratulation on getting to the stage of staffing that got you to the CDC. I attended this conference the last 4 years. Say hi to the Denver Area Council staff for me.

[b]Back to camping: We will be camping October 6,7,8 & 9 in the Colorado National Park outside of Estates Park to watch the annual rut. I can send details if anyone is interested.

Dean
Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #56

Ok now I know what CDC stands for and yes I'm going to that... :-) I am going to be a SPL and just heard from the CD that I am going to a CDC - everyone confused? :-)

Ken J.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #57

Ok - looks like I'm good to go - I'll just need to leave early Sun morning to get back to NM - my plan is to get there Friday morning....

One little thing... I checked http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/Color...do_Springs.html

The campground does not get great reviews, I'm up for it if thats what you all want to do...

Ken J.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #58

Ken, I think Orlen already has his site booked. I am just waiting on one little thing from Dh's Doc, to know for sure if we can go. Should know this afternoon. Anyway, hmmmmm the reviews don't look so good, do they. I think someone said they stayed there but not sure. I don't know cause I can't find the info as the pages of this post have added up. Lets wait to hear from Orlen and make sure that's where he's staying. Robin
Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #59

Orlen, which campground, which site?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #60

That works for me - I looked on there site and it looks like they have an RV and camping site....? Anyway I'll stay tuned..

Ken J.