Any Coloradoians interested? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #61

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Me too,
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #62

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Robin G & Ken J

I'm booked at the Golden Eagle Ranch campground for the nights of 26 & 27 Sept. Received a postcard from the campground confirming the reservation last Thursday.

I chose this campground based on recommendations from a couple of folks I know who stayed there last year. Just wanted to do a close-in camping trip to end the season and hopefully get some more eggs out for a weekend get-together. Maybe we can do some planning for a rally in the spring and consider this a recon trip. Should be a lot of color in the aspens this weekend too.

Since most of the campgrounds on the front range close or at least curtail some operations after the end of September I figured this was the last chance unless we want to have a boondock rally. I still think a get-together at Camp Hale would be good but it's dispersed camping with no utilities.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 PM   #63

Orlen, do you know what site your in? As big as this place sounds we don't want to be across the park from eachother, Let us know. Robin
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #64

Trailer: Casita
Recommendations are always good - I think I'll wait also to make my reservation so that maybe we can be somewhat together.

As I mentioned I'm tied up Friday afternoon, evening and Sat - but I'll be done on Sat at 5:00, so we can plan some food stuff if you want - I have a firedancer (portable campfire) we can hang around that for a while.

My wife is not coming with me, so the food thing may be peanutbutter and jelly mmmmmm :-)

I've done small rallies and very large rallies - they are all fun. In fact I'm putting on a rally the following weekend at the balloon fiesta in Albuq - that one has me really going at the moment. We have trailers (Airstreams) coming from all over the country - its pretty cool.

Ken J.
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #65

Ken, Campfire sounds great. We can do a pot luck................ You bring the bread LOL......... I am with Orlen on being able to kick around some ideas for the Spring Thing. Robin
Old 09-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #66

Robin G. and Ken J

I talked to the folks at Golden Eagle Ranch. They will be looking for both of you and will set you up at sites by mine. She said there are a lot of sites open so no problem. If you want you can give them a call at 719-576-0450 to confirm.

OK - anybody else for the Colorado fall egg crack rally?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #67

OK - we are on! I'll call and confirm my reservation, so they have my name - - -

Lets see some more eggs show up.....

Ken J.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #68

I made my reservation - nice lady who I talked to - I'll be arriving about 11:00 am on Fri - she said we reserved full hookups, but since they are slow we have lots to choose from - so whoever gets there first, pick out 3 (at least so far) great sites.

You guys probably won't see a whole of me till Sat night - Robyn - I think I can do better than bread - so you guys tell me what we want to do for pot luck and I can pick up whatever at the grocery store.

Ken J.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #69

Well friday night, since were all just getting there lets just munch or what ever. As for Sat night, Orlen are you guys up for a pot luck? Or better yet, if someone has a grill and is willing to grill some steaks I will bring the steaks for everyone, and I make a killer Ranch Beans (kinda like chili beans) then someone could make a salad and bread and we should be good......... Anyone up to grilling? My Dh can't grill anymore, I do all the grilling for us, but I can only get perfect Med-rare not so good at determining the rest of the degree's of grilling. I gonna call now Robin
Old 09-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #70

Office isn't answering, No biggie I will call in the am. Not worried since the camping season isn't going strong right now here in Colorado. Though the weather has been beautiful, makeing me put off winterizing the Casita. Robin

Ok, come on all you other egger's here in Colorado and surrounding states. Join the fun! And help us plan the Spring Thing!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #71

Well, I just discussed some plans with Carolyn, the family domestic engineer and activities planner. She proposed the following:

Friday evening baked beans and franks in a crock cooker. She will make enough for everyone. I guess Ken won't be there so just four of us. Robin - can you make something to go with it?

Saturday evening she said she could have frog eye salad and potato salad. Robin, if you bring the steaks I'm sure we can come up with somewhere to grill them. Unfortunately my grill is a propane fired unit that's too large to put in the van. If Ken can bring the bread we should be good to go.

Ken, your firedancer sounds like a good bet for "hanging around".

BTW - I plan to arrive at bout 4pm on Friday so Ken should already be there. Ken, pick out a good spot!

Robin. I think they close the campground office around 6pm when there's not much activity. You should have no trouble getting in touch with them in the morning.

WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE COLORADO EGG OWNERS??? Come on out of the woodwork. It's too early to put your camper in storage. Come on out and check out the fall colors.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #72

Orlen, Sounds great! I will come up with something to go with friday night, green salad, bread? maybe even pick up some sweets ( I don't bake, so don't expect a home baked cake ) But Costco has great stuff .
Ewwww, frog eye? Yummy! I already like her! Now we just need others to join us, But if we're the only ones it will still be nice to get another weekend of camping in before the snow flys.

Ken looks like bread for you............. LOL. It's not that we don't think you can cook, ummm, ( PBand J guy) it's that you are gonna be busy, we don't want you to have to worry. So if you know about when you will be back on Saturday, we will have the grill ready to go.

Any steaks you guys prefer? At Costco today they had some great looking New Yorks? But will have to see what they have when I run in on friday. We will probably head out somewhere noon-ish maybe earlier and it only takes a couple of hours to get there, Hopefully I can find this place, the mapquest map lost me. Robin
Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #73

Hmmm only Bread? At least I can also bring butter... :-)

Sometime you will have to ask my wife about my cooking skills - I do grilling though - its hard work flipping those steaks and burgers.....

Maybe I can find a nice pie for desert.....

This is so cool - I would be glad to contribute the the steak fund since those things are pretty expensive.

I've got a small propane grill that I'll bring - it may be a little small - its one of those with grill on one side and burner on the other - great for the two of us, don' t know about 5 of us. I'll leave it out on over the weekend and you all are welcome to use it.

Is there anything else we need?

Ken J.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #74

Ken, bread and butter and a pie if you want will be great. You have so much going on, it will just be nice to have you join us. Looking forward to meeting the three of you, hopefully others as well. Robin
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #75

Well, we did it! Actually just 3 egg's, 5 people. But it was fun! Had a wonderful time meeting Orlen, Carolyn, and Ken this weekend at the Golden Eagle campground (more later on the icky campground) LOL.......

Dh (Rod) and I arrived later than we had planned but it was easy to spot two cute eggs camped next to each other. No driving around forever looking for a poorly marked campsite. Orlen and Carolyn were there to greet us. Ken was at a meeting, but we got to meet him later in the evening when he returned. Enjoyed exploring each others egg's. Rod and I actually haven't seen inside of many fiberglass other that Casita's so it was fun to explore a (cute) Perris Pacer and a roomy Egg Camper. Saturday night over dinner we got some plans made for a rally/get together for June next year (stay tuned for info) Will be posting info as we get plans finalized. Wish others could have joined us but hopefully for the June get together more will be able to join the fun! Orlen is a wizard at everything (he fixed a electrical issue) that at least 10 other people had attempted and failed or made worse. Ken is the gadget master, he has some of the coolest camping gear. We all want his little fire pit......... no smoke, no smell, no mess, but a great little fire to sit by and enjoy (even in gale force winds) LOL. His grill is a cleaver campstove/grill combination that is a must have as well. Hopefully I can find the fire pit, cause that is so worth having. No more dragging wood. Loved hearing of all their adventures and great stories. Looking forward to a bigger egg gathering next summer. Hopefully everyone had a safe journey home.

As for the campground, well the view's are beautiful. The campground itself has seen better day's (let's say 40 years ago) it has potential but don't see it changing anytime soon. Would not recommend it to anyone, other than someone who wants a rutted, slopey, hookup mixup site! Even big rigs would have a heck of a time reaching all the hookup's without adding lot's of cords, hose's etc. since they are on different sides of the site? The picnic tables are the weirdessssssst things I have ever seen. Don't even know if I could explain them... LOL. All I can say is there is a redevelopment of the state park (to reopen soon) down the road going on, and it will put this campground to shame.

Again, wish more of you could have joined us, but look forward to you joining the June gathering. Robin
Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #76

Yup we sure had a great time - Robyn's steaks were incredible - at least 2 inches thick!

Thanks so much for putting this together Robyn, attached is a picture of our "rally" - being as spread out as we were, and as little as our trailers are, it looks like a pretty big rally!

Looking forward to next years rally - I'm sure we will be ever bigger....

Ken J.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0017.JPG  
Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #77

Hey all you Colorado egg owners. You missed a good one!

As Robin mentioned we had a lot of fun getting the trailers level and hooked up to the utilities. There were the technical discussions like "How many two by sixes should we put under this wheel?" and "Is this my water tap or does it belong to the guy parked on the other side of the tree stump?" I know we were in the foothills of the rockies but I don't think I saw one square foot of that campground that was level. And then there were the "one cheek" picnic tables. You sure weren't going to get both cheeks on that seat. They must have very skinny campers around there. The wood in the tables was so old it was petrified. And then there was the nails, screws, mending plates and thin sheet metal straps attempting to hold all that petrified wood together.

Anyway, once we were level, plumb and sort of connected to the utilities we had a chance to plot a spring rally. We need input -- more input. What do the rest of the folks in and around Colorado want? Where? When? Come on already. You can't all be in hibernation this early in the fall.

Robin, Rod and Ken. Carolyn and I had a good time.

I'll close with a picture as we escaped from the land of the sloping campsite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eggsonroad.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	16061

Woahh. Does that EggCamper have a big butt or what? Especially when its next to that svelte Casita.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #78

Quote:
Attachment 16061

Woahh. Does that EggCamper have a big butt or what? Especially when its next to that svelte Casita.

But Orlen that big but is what gives you all that space inside. Love the roomyness of The Egg Camper.

LOL.................... those butt's wouldn't fit any better on the picnic tables then ours did. Honestly the not so wide seat was only half of it. It was more on how - where the seat was in porportion to the table. weird how they were made. The seat was kinda straight under the table top, you had to basically lay down and swing in. Kinda hard if you have long legs. If you where drunk you would never get out. LOL. Robin

Thank goodness, Ken isn't gonna post his 7:30 in the morning pic's! Are you Ken! LOL........ ( I started hiding when the camera came out.) Way to early!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #79

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
But Orlen that big but is what gives you all that space inside. Love the roomyness of The Egg Camper.

LOL.................... those butt's wouldn't fit any better on the picnic tables then ours did. Honestly the not so wide seat was only half of it. It was more on how - where the seat was in porportion to the table. weird how they were made. The seat was kinda straight under the table top, you had to basically lay down and swing in. Kinda hard if you have long legs. If you where drunk you would never get out. LOL. Robin

Thank goodness, Ken isn't gonna post his 7:30 in the morning pic's! Are you Ken! LOL........ ( I started hiding when the camera came out.) Way to early!
I think we need pictures of those tables...scary what I am visualizing...

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #80

Robyn - I sure thought long and hard about posting "Robyn in the morning" picture - but figured that I would like to attend another rally with you.... :-)

As far as the tables go - you all probably noticed I didn't dare sit on those things - I value my life...!

Later

Ken J.