OR Apr 26-29, 2012: Spring NOG 2012 – N. Oregon Gathering - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #81

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm home! What fun, fun, fun. Such nice people too. We had some that had to cancel and a few more than were able to join us. At least one trailer changed hands, the weiner roast/craft beer exchange was a success and food galore at the Saturday potluck.

The weather was so-so, but either dry or relatively dry when it counted. More heavy rain during sleeping time which is the way we like it, because we're not in tents!

Elaine, thanks for posting pictures

Thanks to each and every one of you that attended. You helped me make a memory

Until next NOG.... safe travels!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #82

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Thanks!

Donna:

Thank you for all your work in putting together the Spring NOG!

The Potluck Dinner was great! I've posted a few pictures here: Spring NOG 2012 Nehalem Bay SP Potluck - a set on Flickr

I've also posted a few pictures taken around Nehalem Bay. Around Nehalem Bay - a set on Flickr
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP5148sm.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #83

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Donna, thanks so much for organizing such a great time - even the rain could not dampen the spirit!

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #84

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Camping FEVER cannot be dampened!!!!
Thanks to Brian and Elaine for the cute pics!!! I loved the one with the 4 Roger HATS!! In a year or two, Sharen will have clothed us all ,and poor Roger will be BLOWN AWAY with PRIDE, as he tells his famous jokes to a ROGER-look-alike-audience!!!

Speaking of DAMPENED...did anyone find my dampened YELLOW North Face rain jacket hanging in the crook of a tree, in Loop A, somewhere near Donna D's site, I think?~~~ I guess the weather did get lots better, and I left it, completely behind me. When I went to a gardening job this morning, I REALLY missed it. Although, I walked over to the park, it wasn't there and hadn't been turned into the lost and found. Let me know, if you hear or know anything...it's my work jacket and totally rainproof and great for gardening at the coast, in the rain.
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #85

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
I was a little dampened around 1:00 AM on Monday morning!

The sky was blue and sunny after most of the people left on Sunday morning. Since I was staying an extra day I spent the afternoon photographing the always beautiful Oregon coast and the tourist railroad equipment in Garibaldi. The first attached photo is looking down on the beach along Manzanita and Nehalum Bay State Park. The campground is in the middle of the picture.

The clouds were back in the late afternoon as I rode my bike down to the south jetty and once around the bike trail. It had started raining lightly around 7:00 PM as the leftover jambalaya I made Friday was steaming hot in the dutch oven. All seemed well when I fell asleep around 11:30 PM.

I was awakened around 1:00 AM to the sound of sheets of rain slamming against the back of my Scamp which faced south. I then thought I could hear the movement of the metal end of the tie down strap I had connnected to the EZ-Up canopy at the front of the Scamp to an angle iron cross bar on the frame. The wind was really blowing! I decided I had better get up and put the canopy away.

I had left it up hoping it would stop raining and be dry in the morning to put it back in the bag. It was obvious that wasn't going to happen! I got dressed and put on my bicycle rain pants and jacket with the hood over my head.

To my relief the canopy was still staked to the ground without any damage. The wind was really pushing on it. The canopy wasn't doing much good because the rain was coming down sideways. I had put the Coleman stove, dutch oven and tables away inside the Scamp before I went to bed.

I decided to just remove the fabric and leave the frame staked and tied to the Scamp frame. I didn't want to spend any more time out in the driving rain than necessary to save my canopy.

I removed the rope lights first. I then removed the fabric and threw them both in the back of my truck. The rain gear was completely wet on the outside. I was dry on the inside.

I then went back to bed and could feel the wind gusts move the trailer even though I had stabilizing jacks at all four corners. It took awhile to go back to sleep. I wondered about the groups of young people in their tents. It was nice to be in my egg.

The canopy frame was fine in the morning. I think I learned a lesson here. I probably shouldn't leave the canopy up unattended or when asleep.

I'm still a rookie at this fiberglass rving. This was my ninth time out. I learned some more valuable things at this gathering.

Thanks to Donna and Barb for putting it together. I enjoyed talking to everyone and seeing their trailers. I'm looking forward to my first Oregon Gathering in Bandon!

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6539a.jpg   IMG_6611a.jpg  

IMG_6613a.jpg   IMG_6615a.jpg  

Jeff Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Speaking of DAMPENED...did anyone find my dampened YELLOW North Face rain jacket hanging in the crook of a tree, in Loop A, somewhere near Donna D's site, I think?~~~
I found it Barbara in the tree next to the NOG pit in my site. I took it up to the pot luck on Saturday and tried to find the owner. I'll bring it to Maryhill for you. Stay dry until then
Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #87

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Donna D. MAKES MY DAY! HOW SWEET is that?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I found it Barbara in the tree next to the NOG pit in my site. I took it up to the pot luck on Saturday and tried to find the owner. I'll bring it to Maryhill for you. Stay dry until then
I still have my good old dependable work jacket! I have NEVER left behind a jacket before...Must be getting forgetful, eh?!

Thanks so much for snatching it up and trying to find ME. See you at Maryhill. I'm excited about having my trailer back home and can't wait to see You-All, again. I like this schedule of once-a-month-visitation!
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #88

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I like the lights under the outside roof structure. Great idea.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #89

Rick... the winner of the CD on Saturday night... would you PLEASE contact me.

TIA