CA April 12-16th Aqua Caliente County Park Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #29

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolnJim View Post
Jim and I will be in site 7 and we have the "famous" cat Jerry that most people have met. We say "famous" because we are the ones that always bring a cat - and he is friends with most everyone.
Carol and Jim (and Jerry)
Carol, Jerry is indeed famous - in fact while I was at Aqua Caliente a couple camping near me asked if I had ever attended trailer meets and if I had meet the couple with a Casita who walk their cat on a leash - they had apparently meet you last summer someplace along their travels. Small world.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #30

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Thanks Carol.. It's nice to know Jerry has friends in the camping world that remember him... It could have been Jerry, so I will pass the message on to him.

We have met a few others that bring their cats and a few do walk them on a leash. We also have a stroller for Jerry and he loves riding in it. Anything to make our lives easier and have a happy kitty.

Have fun in your travels..

Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #31

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
California
Denece: Sorry if we sounded so negative. We were in Quartzsite AZ a few weeks ago and went thru a verry windy nite. Actually delayed going home a day due to wind. Dont let weather keep you from camping but be prepared for anything. Where were you that caused that much damage to your vehicle?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #32

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
I may have been over sensitive i just didnt expect so much " get out there and dang the consequences or park it and be sissies" And maybe it wasnt meant that way but its hard to tell in print
As for our adventure...were on I-5 going to Disneyland and they closed the grapevine for snow. We'd been thru Bakersfield so decided to take the Western alternate. What a ride! The wind was picking up our 5th wheel and waggling it behind us! Then it started to rain and we couldn't clear the windshield to see ( in LA traffic) due to the pitting. I don't think my hubby enjoyed The Happiest Place on Earth that trip!

We have just come off 8 years living aboard and cruising in a small sailboat so we know a bit about weather. We also know that there are anchorages that for all their attractions are just not tenable in some conditions

We've run into a couple of extra projects in our rehab on this trailer so may not be ready for a 400 mile first trip in April. Well see how it goes
Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #33

Name: K
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
California
We so wanted to joined everyone for this gathering but my son's baseball schedule just came out and we have a game that Saturday. I hope everyone has a great time. Years ago (more than 20 years, wow) we got a Siamese kitten and he loved to ride in the car and also to walk on a leash. He was a "people" cat and would have loved camping!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #34

California
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFamily View Post
We so wanted to joined everyone for this gathering but my son's baseball schedule just came out and we have a game that Saturday. I hope everyone has a great time. Years ago (more than 20 years, wow) we got a Siamese kitten and he loved to ride in the car and also to walk on a leash. He was a "people" cat and would have loved camping!
Darn old baseball, well perhaps you can join us in October @ Lake Casitas. Its a fabulous outting. Keep your eye on the posting as there may be another that you can join us at.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #35

California
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRIZZO View Post
Darn old baseball, well perhaps you can join us in October @ Lake Casitas. Its a fabulous outting. Keep your eye on the posting as there may be another that you can join us at.
There is a lady that joins us @ Casitas who walks an Abyssian on a leash and his name is RAJ,,,,very regal
Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #36

California
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denece View Post
I may have been over sensitive i just didnt expect so much " get out there and dang the consequences or park it and be sissies" And maybe it wasnt meant that way but its hard to tell in print
As for our adventure...were on I-5 going to Disneyland and they closed the grapevine for snow. We'd been thru Bakersfield so decided to take the Western alternate. What a ride! The wind was picking up our 5th wheel and waggling it behind us! Then it started to rain and we couldn't clear the windshield to see ( in LA traffic) due to the pitting. I don't think my hubby enjoyed The Happiest Place on Earth that trip!

We have just come off 8 years living aboard and cruising in a small sailboat so we know a bit about weather. We also know that there are anchorages that for all their attractions are just not tenable in some conditions

We've run into a couple of extra projects in our rehab on this trailer so may not be ready for a 400 mile first trip in April. Well see how it goes
Would love to have you join us if possible, we promise not to bite!!!!
I couldnt quite figure out where you had the wind/rain experience. What is the western route you mentioned? It is quite often that thru the winter the CHP closes the Grapevine for snow. Where are you guys that the trip would be 4 hrs? WE have a couple coming from Lompoc also on a Disneyland/see family excursion.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #37

Name: Austin
Trailer: 2003 13' Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
We're thinking of making an excursion out to the Arroyo Tapiado Mud Caves (about 40 minute drive from campground) on Saturday. If anyone would like to caravan out there, we'd love to have the company! The caves are naturally formed and pretty incredible...and if this guy can handle a morning of spelunking, anyone can!

(Image resized by moderator; see "speulunk-1.jpg", below)

Here's a few other pics from our last trip to the caves in December:

(1st image resized by moderator; see "dark.jpg", below)

The caves are really very close to the campground but because of the off road route, it takes a little time to get there. (Off-road, meaning your car will get pretty dusty, but not meaning you must have a jeep to get there... my corolla made the trip once and did just fine) You drive right up to the mouth of the cave (s) and then can hike in as far as you dare. I personally have a 'no crawling on hands on knees' rule but we were still able to explore several caves for several hours and had a pretty fun time. If you're interested, pack a flashlight (or better yet a headlamp) and some warm layers- the caves can be much cooler than outside temperature.

Let us know if anyone is interested!
Attached Thumbnails
dark.jpg   speulunk-1.jpg  

Old 02-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #38

Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
California
Great idea! I would love to see the Arroyo Tapiado Mud Caves.

Count me in.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #39

Smile Agua Caliente Saturday night only

Just heard from Bonnie and Tao ... they reserved site 18 for Saturday night.

Carol and Jim
Old 02-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #40

Arroyo Tapiado Mud Caves

We're interested in the caves.. What time do you plan on pulling out of the campground?

Also .... Bonnie and Tao will be arriving Saturday morning, but would like to see the caves.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #41

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Carol, I added Bonnie and Tao to the list. I'm glad they can make it for the night!

We would like to do the mud caves too.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #42

Name: Austin
Trailer: 2003 13' Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolnJim View Post
We're interested in the caves.. What time do you plan on pulling out of the campground?

Also .... Bonnie and Tao will be arriving Saturday morning, but would like to see the caves.
We can wait for them- especially since we don't have to worry about beating the desert heat. We just want to be back in time to utilize the pools/spa....I think they close at sun down or around there.