TN April 19-22, 2012: 5th Annual Eggscursion Townsend, TN **New Campground for 2012** - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #101

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
just kidding....
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #102

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
If you have any large items you are wanting to sell at the rally feel free to post them here so people know to bring extra money. :-)
We have a screen room for sale 8' long X 6 1/2 deep, attaches to an awning, was for a Viking pop up, never used. I would take $50 for it.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #103

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I am bringing an Aeropress Coffee Maker to sell. $10
Makes great coffee, but since I'm the only coffee drinker in our Scamp, I've gone back to using my Black and Decker one cup drip machine.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #104

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkboler View Post
Is there a schedule of planned events? I have never been to a rally and am wonderring what to bring/expect/buying opportunities?
See agenda here. We will have copies to hand out also. I may try sending some to the campground so they can hand out at check in.

Agenda for April 2012 in 5th Annual Fiberglass Eggscursion - Townsend, TN - April 19-22, 2012 **New Campground for 2012** Forum

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #105

Name: kathy
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13
New York
Registry
Thanks Tom and Cheryl, that gives me an idea of the going-on. I can't wait to see others mods, and need so much advice from those who hav suffered/learned before. What is brought to the potlucks? Enough for 8? I haven't learned to cook for less even though my boys are now (sorta) adults and long left the nest. If anyone has a rear sliding window that would fit my 72 Boler, I would love to dicker...
See you soon
adkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #106

We always have to much food so don't over do it to much

Come camp with us

Old 04-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #107

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
A crockpot/salad bowl/ platter/ of whatever you care to contribute will be fine. There is usually so much food that it's hard to find room to take a taste of everything.

For us, the pot luck is one of the high points of the rally. We are northerners who love authentic southern cooking. It's so interesting to sample what other people bring. Regional cooking is so much fun.

We had considered participating in another rally north of us. As we followed the thread, we learned that they did not do a pot luck. They were concerned about food allergies and did a communal dinner where everyone brought their own food, but nobody shared. We understand that some people have special dietary needs, but this was a huge disappointment. So much so that we decided to skip the rally. I totally understand dietary restrictions, but that just seems excessive.

We aren't completely sure about the pot luck breakfast, but it will probably be a sweet bread or scones. For the dinner we plan to bring tortellini salad.
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
A crockpot/salad bowl/ platter/ of whatever you care to contribute will be fine. There is usually so much food that it's hard to find room to take a taste of everything.

For us, the pot luck is one of the high points of the rally. We are northerners who love authentic southern cooking. It's so interesting to sample what other people bring. Regional cooking is so much fun.

We had considered participating in another rally north of us. As we followed the thread, we learned that they did not do a pot luck. They were concerned about food allergies and did a communal dinner where everyone brought their own food, but nobody shared. We understand that some people have special dietary needs, but this was a huge disappointment. So much so that we decided to skip the rally. I totally understand dietary restrictions, but that just seems excessive.

We aren't completely sure about the pot luck breakfast, but it will probably be a sweet bread or scones. For the dinner we plan to bring tortellini salad.
No pot luck? It's always a great time. This year with 100-150 people we may have to set up 2 lines. The only thing I have to watch out for is overeating!!!

Come camp with us

Old 04-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #109

Registry
With 120 people there will be more than enough for all. (And probably the campground next door, too). We probably should start eating at 4 p.m so the last folks can get through the lines by 5:30, ha ha. We'll probably need 4 food lines! With that many dishes, dinner should be good!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #110

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi: TomP... Great to know we won't go hungry... but what have you lined up for the WEATHER???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #111

Registry
Mr. Weather.com says temps in the mid to upper 70's during the day, and mid 50's at night. With a chance of scattered showers on Saturday. Sounds like a good one.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #112

Come camp with us

Old 04-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: TomP... Great to know we won't go hungry... but what have you lined up for the WEATHER???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
A lot warmer then the North shore of lake Erie.

Come camp with us

Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #114

Name: CHUCK & SHERYL
Trailer: CASITA 17 SPIRIT DELUXE
Texas
We have made it to Benton Arkansas and will stop near Nashville Sunday night. Expect to arrive in Townsend Monday afternoon. We have been to several Casita Rallies and are very anxious to see all of the SOB's we hear about, but never see.

Can't wait for the pot luck meals. I'm a Yankee that has been learning to cook Southern and am loving it. Everything tastes better with bacon.

Chuck
CHUCK SMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #115

From Nashville to Townsend will be the best part of your drive. Wave as you pass through Cookeville on Monday as I will be sitting at my desk thinking about getting to Townsend ourself. See you on Thursday in Townsend.

Come camp with us

Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #116

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Unfortunately, we had to call today and cancel our reservation. Ed's dad is gravely ill and we need to stick close to home and family. We will miss seeing everyone. Hopefully next year will work. Maybe we will see some of you in Pa in June!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #117

Name: CHUCK & SHERYL
Trailer: CASITA 17 SPIRIT DELUXE
Texas
Sheryl and I arrived mid afternoon and were pleased to fine we knew Ms. Patti and George & Terry from Green Eggs and Ham and Jerry & Katherine from the Kansas Eggstravaganza.

The campground is beautiful with plenty of trees and nestled between some cool mountains.

We want to welcome and meet as many attendees as we can as you arrive over the next few days. If we aren't here when you arrive, we are out exploring the many sites nearby and will get to catching up ASAP.

Tom, we waved as we passed by Cookeville.

Chuck & Sheryl
CHUCK SMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #118

Quote:
Unfortunately, we had to call today and cancel our reservation. Ed's dad is gravely ill and we need to stick close to home and family. We will miss seeing everyone. Hopefully next year will work. Maybe we will see some of you in Pa in June!
Sue

Sorry to hear about Ed's father. We will miss you guys!

Come camp with us

Old 04-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #119

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Sorry Sue,
I was looking forward to seeing at least one friendly face, but as they say, strangers are friends you have not known yet. Hope to see you in June in Pa.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #120

Trailer: 1985 Perris Pacer
We are hitting the road after I get home from work tonite and will meander down from Western New York. We are sooo excited! Steve tore his rotator cuff and we were concerned, but Dr. said no problem if he keeps his arm down which is no different than being at home. Sad to hear spfar will be unable to join us, but will look forward to meeting into them at another event. I was glad to see the agenda and the info about the potluck. Sorry to hear the one group nixed the potluck due to food allergies. I am involved planning events that we must consider special needs and we do our best to accomodate, maybe they could work out a labeling system or something. It is such a great opportunity to meet folks. See you all soon and looking forward to trying lots of new foods. I am planning veggies cooked on the grill in foil packets.
Coleen...and Steve
Coleen H. is offline   Reply With Quote