AZ Arizona Fiberglass RV Meetup - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #1

Name: Lise
Trailer: 1972 Cloud
Arizona
Arizona Fiberglass RV Meetup

It would be GREAT to put together an Arizona Fiberglass RV Meetup. How bout up in Prescott this summer?
Wilma1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
I would be for it very much. I now am hanging out in Prescott, and would like to learn of some nice plkaces to hang out with the trailer.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #3

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I would also be interested in something during the summer in this neck of the woods. Thankfully, I had A/C installed last year, so a campground with electric would be required if we get to gether in the summer.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #4

Arizona
Arizona Meetup Idea

I'm new to this site & learning how to get around in it.

The Prescott area is gorgeous. The campgrounds are small and usually booked way in advance. We are at 5,200ft and the weather is most always fabulous.

Also, Payson is gorgeous. Right now it's pretty cold. Once we get to June, it will be perfect.

I'll keep checking here for AZ meetups. There was one in Quartzsite, before I joined, last year. The elevation is low and it is very hot there so wintertime is best. Don't care for it down there.

Tucson in the winter is beautiful. The botanic gardens there are something to see. Bisbee in the winter is really fun !

I prefer the AZ mountains.

Grand Canyon (North Rim), is fabulous too !!! Campgrounds book up really fast. We have a trip booked for the end of June.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
We'll try (schedules permitting) to meet up with everyone where ever & when ever. We tend to never stay at camp grounds, but will make the sacrifice . The White Mountains are always cool to cold in the summer, but is very rustic around Hannigan Meadows.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #6

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
I dont know if anyone has ever put a rally together for AZ in the summer. Of course, the heat is a downside. Any gathering would need to have electric sites for A/C running. We have gone for several years to the Quartzsite rally and its really fun. Dont need to worry about A/C in Jan & Feb. If someone wants to do the research to find a park I would support that. Prescott, Flagstaff, Payson are wonderful areas.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #7

Arizona
Hi there,

I'm having a bit of trouble navigating around in the site and understanding threads.

Prescott, AZ is beautiful. We live here & camped at Linx Lake last weekend with a group of campers. It's a pretty small campground & it is "booked in advance" pretty far out. I reserved (1) site for the end of May and mid September. There will be other trips, end of June to Kaibab (N. Rim), Payson, Lake Mead and Lake Pleasant.

I am very new to camping in campgrounds (used to boondocking), and pre-reserving let alone try to organize a fiberglass meet-up. But .............. I'm totally open to trying.......... maybe with some other brains to help too. That's why I put it out there.

Let's keep in touch. And THANKS !!!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #8

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Would higher elevations in AZ during the summer be cooler? I live in S. UT and when I go from St. Geo to Zion, it is cooler. Or if I go from St. Geo to Cedar City it is cooler. Would the same hold true for AZ?

If it is in a warmer place, then maybe a river or lake could be nearby for activities. Those of you familiar with AZ might want to guide the rest of us.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 02:47 PM   #9

Name: Namasdave
Trailer: Scamp&T@B
Arizona
Hey Everyone! A spring or summer rally sounds great! We are up in the cool (snowy now)Flagstaff and there are lots of amazing boondock spots here that I'd be happy to suggest such as Marshal lake. If the majority of folks would like a campground then perhaps the Verde valley,Deadhorse state park. Let's get a SW rally happening in 2023. I would love to assist in organizing!
Namasdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 02:48 PM   #10

Name: Namasdave
Trailer: Scamp&T@B
Arizona
much cooler!
Namasdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 05:18 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namasdave View Post
Hey Everyone! A spring or summer rally sounds great! We are up in the cool (snowy now)Flagstaff and there are lots of amazing boondock spots here that I'd be happy to suggest such as Marshal lake. If the majority of folks would like a campground then perhaps the Verde valley,Deadhorse state park. Let's get a SW rally happening in 2023. I would love to assist in organizing!
I think there's always room for another rally, but you know there's a BIG group meeting in Quartzsite at Dome Rock in about a month.... right? https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...comment-318248
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 11:35 PM   #12

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilma1972 View Post
It would be GREAT to put together an Arizona Fiberglass RV Meetup. How bout up in Prescott this summer?
Not a good location for me as the road to get there is windy and steep at times and I am towing with a 4 cylinder vehicle.

Flagstaff works for me as I can approach it from Interstate 40. It will be a more convenient travel route for many individuals. There is a paid National Forest Service Campground just south of Flagstaff as well a free dispersed National Forest Service Camping.

Any rally in northern Arizona should be held after July 4 when the Monsoon season has reliably begun. Before the rainy season begins there is a high likely hood that all camping will be banned due to the risk of Forest Fires. That ban on camping happened in all of Arizona in June of 2021 and for June and part of July in much of Northern Arizona in 2022. So that means any summer rally in Arizona must take into account the high risk of the closure of campgrounds before the start of the monsoon season. No sooner than the second week of July for rallys.

There is also the 10-X paid National Forest Campground just a few miles from the South Entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. It is large, affordable, advance reservations can be made. It is not within the National Park but most assuredly the Park itself will certainly attract a lot of people to come to the rally as well as visit the Grand Canyon.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote