MB Aug 17-19, 2012: 3rd Annual Manitoba Rally - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #43

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi Brian,
Click on User CP (upper left blue border/white print), then click on Edit Avatar on the left side. That's where you can upload the picture to appear by your name. Hope this helps.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #44

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
That worked b-e-a-uutifully. Thank you!!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #45

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Wow Brian, love the pictures of campsites. Our G 10 was just what I wanted.

G 11 might have been even better, so anyone wanting shade and no power come be my neighbor.

Nancy
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #46

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
Manitoba Rally

Thanks to all those who replied with their camp site numbers I will be compling my list as I sort through all my emails.

It looks as if most people have not booked yet, as is the norm, as lots of people can not commit to events that far in advance. My advise to that is to make your reservation and if someting more important than our Rally comes up, it would only be a small fee to cancel.

If you dont book soon you may be on the other side of the camp ground or as 1 couple found out yesterday that insisted on haveing an electrical site that there are none left close to our rally site for that weekend.

Look forward to seeing you all there that weekend.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #47

Name: Len
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Manitoba
We'll be there for our very first Rally and our very first summer with a Boler! Campsite A-2
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #48

Name: Roland
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13ft
Manitoba
Registry
Welcome Len

Good to see you can make it, Im sure you will enjoy your first Rally! Rick and I will be posting more info in the future so stay posted.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #49

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Hey you guys. A still has non electric sites.

We have G 10 basic (no elec). Took that site as I believe it has some shade. No air conditioner in our camper. If the temp is over 90 we will be a no show.

On my map I have next door G 11 marked as one I would have wanted too. Hope I get a fiberglass neighbor.

If there are others out there who do not require elec, but want shade I have a few other sites marked as well.

Long wait to make reservation. Was an interesting rainy day experience.

Brian, Bay 11 #29 is a very nice site. We may all join you with our camp chairs!

Nancy
Sounds good to me. My site is always open. As it stands right now, it'll just be me coming out so you can all help me celebrate my birthday I think I might have lucked out. Looks like a really nice view.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #50

Manitoba
Registry
Eh Brian my birthday is on Monday August 20th so we have 2 birthdays to celebrate so far.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #51

Manitoba
Sweet. I'll have a birthday beer waiting for you.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #52

Manitoba
Registry
Cool look forward to that
Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #53

Manitoba
Registry
still spots available

Section A still has 8 nonelectric spots available as of today. Bay 11 is sold out but may have cancellations in the next couple of months incase someone is looking to switch over to an electrical site.

I noticed we have some new trailers and first time rally participants on our rally list, feel free to ask Rick or myself any questions you may have, either in the forum or by using the private message option on this site.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #54

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland H View Post
Section A still has 8 nonelectric spots available as of today. Bay 11 is sold out but may have cancellations in the next couple of months incase someone is looking to switch over to an electrical site.

I noticed we have some new trailers and first time rally participants on our rally list, feel free to ask Rick or myself any questions you may have, either in the forum or by using the private message option on this site.
Hi Roland.

I know its still a little early but I was wondering how the pot luck dinner works. Does someone make a list of the food and then assigns for everyone or is it just a whatever you want to bring for everyone to try.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #55

Manitoba
Registry
Potluck

Good question Brian, Im sure many people are thinking the same thing. I was given some advice on my first Rally, "that I should just announce the date/time of the Potluck and let people bring what ever they want to bring and it always seems to work out".

I was hesitant but we tried it and have never had a problem. This keeps it simple and yet there is always nice variety and lots of food. Just bring your favourite dish in shareable quantities and thats it.

Sample of last year potluck included:
Baked Beans, meatballs, platters of cheese, pickles, breads/croissants, garlic sausage, coldcuts, macaroni salads, potato salads, and various other salads, fruit and veg platters, various deserts, pastries and it goes on...

It really is wide open and I think that is what keeps it interesting. The only other thing is to bring your own plate/knife/fork and beverage!
Attached Thumbnails
P1040624.jpg   P1040626.jpg  

P1040622.jpg   P1040629.jpg  

Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #56

Manitoba
Registry
Excellent responce to the question Roland. I dont think anyone went away hungry at the last 2 rallies, and lots went up for seconds. It is a TRUE Pot Luck, you just never know what your going to get.

Wow just over 4 months till the Rally. I cant wait. So far we have 18 trailers registered and a few maybes. The camp sites are booking up fast so get your site early and dont be disappointed. You can always cancel if something more important comes up but I cant immagine what that might be LOL.

Rick

Tags
rally