MB Aug 17-19, 2012: 3rd Annual Manitoba Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #1

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Aug 17-19, 2012: 3rd Annual Manitoba Rally

Well it is that time of year again

I would like to invite you all to the 3rd Annual Manitoba Rally

Dates: August 17 to 19, 2012
Location: St Malo Provincial Park; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes North of the Canada/USA border on Highway 59. This park has a nice beach area along with hiking and biking trails. There are modern washrooms and showers and the small town of St Malo is within one mile.
· We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally. This is a popular park in Southern Manitoba so please make your reservations as early as possible so that some people will not be in other areas of the park like last year.

· Reservations at the Parks Website will start on Monday April 2rd, 2012 at 7:30am the link to the reservation site is http://prsasr.gov.mb.ca

· If you plan to attend the event please see the RALLY CALENDAR on this website and RSVP to me as this site has changed a few things and not allowing it to be set up the way we did last year.

Thank you from your hosts
Rick Mooyman rick.mooyman@shaw.ca
And
Roland Hoffman

More Information and details to follow!
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #2

Name: Maureen
Trailer: 2003 Trillium Outback
Saskatchewan
Registry
We are looking forward to the 2012 Rally, had a great time last year. After a week of -30's, can summer be far off? See you all there!
Maureen H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #3

Registry
2012 Rally

Thanks for your reply Ya looking forward to summer myself. Altho we have only had 1 week of bad cold and we all seem to be wanting it to be done already. Nov, Dec and the beginning of Jan were warmer then normal so we can only hope that the ground hog will give us and early spring.

Rick
Old 01-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #4

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Smile

Hi Rick,
I'm hoping I'll be able to return to the land of my birth for the rally...not that I have to travel very far. I've got it on my calendar! Looking forward to meeting other fiberglass trailer owners.
Weather's been about the same in Minnesota where I live. Haven't been able to snowshoe or cross country ski because of the lack of snow. Just getting through a cold snap and dustings of snow.
Take care,
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #5

Registry
2012 Rally

Hope you can make it Lil. The last 2 were a blast.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Waiting for Spring!

What's with all this freezing weather up here! Starting to plan some trailer fixes and now I can't even get outside! Anyways it will pass and we can get outdoors again soon I hope.
Gone for the next month but will try and stay in touch as much as possible Rick.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #7

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Rats! I just checked my calendar more carefully and realized that the Tour de Pines bike tour at Itasca State Park (where I've already made camping reservations) is happening the same weekend as St. Malo. I'm so disappointed that I won't be able to join you all this year. I hope I can next year.
Do you have other rallies in Manitoba during the year?
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #8

Registry
Sorry to hear you have conflicting events Lil, no ours is the only Manitoba event that I know of the next closest event is in June in Bemidiji which I will be attending.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita
Registry
So what all goes on at a rally besides visiting and making new friends? Should a person bring anything in particular?
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #10

Registry
Friday night is a meet and greet campfire with people bringing musical instruments
Saturday will be a trailer tour and beach time and Pot Luck Supper and camp fire
Sunday people pack up and start to go home
Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Gene,

We always use a rally in a new place as an excuse to explore a place we have never been.

On our way to St Malo we drove past an orthodox church. The women were doing a cleaning and allowed us to come in and visit. The inside was beautiful, and we got some good discussion going with them about our different politics.

After that we drove around looking in other towns for unique churches. Drove around farmland and found interesting photo opportunities.

On Saturday there was a nice farmers market.

Not able to get Canadian currency at home we had to drive up north to a bigger town where we found a very friendly bank (ours are not regarding currency exchange). At that town we found a very good place to eat.

Our trip was good. Will return again if the weather isn't too hot. This time we will spend more time visiting, but will go back to the larger town north to eat at that place again.

You are in ND. Be sure to check out the Eggs at the Fairgrounds, Bemidji thread.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #12

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
And we will have homegrown POP CORN as needed and will bring COWBOY COFFEE stuf this year so morning coffee wil be on shortly after 5 thats 5 in the morning " for those of you late risers Yes there are 2. 5 o'clocks.
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #13

Registry
Thanks Lyndon Look forward to trying the POP CORN and Coffee. Only 5 months and 14 days to go till the event. Can't wait.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #14

Name: Angela
Trailer: 1974 13' Ventura
Manitoba
Registry
Excited! Is it August yet? I am putting this in my calendar NOW.
kilgoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #15

Registry
Welcome Angela. Looking forward to meeting you in August. Check out the Meet in Bemidiji in June as well. I am heading to that one as well.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
I'm Back

Hey Rick,
I'm finally back from my work road trip, spring is starting early and can't wait to pull the Trill out!

Roland
Old 03-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #17

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Hi everyone, Good to hear there is another rally in St Malo. I am definately going to try again and make it out this year. My birthday is on the 14th so I'll come out and celebrate with all of you, haha.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #18

Registry
Hi Brian, hope you can make it this year. Make your reservations early on Monday April 2nd to get the best site.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #19

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Just to let you know, the link for the parks reservation redirects you to How to Enable Cookies
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #20

Registry
Ya I know the government keeps changing their website addresses the new link that works as of today is http://prspub.gov.mb.ca/ who knows what it will be tomorrow.

Tags
rally