MB Aug. 19-21, 2011: Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #29

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
Not much chatter in here lately! Just over 2 months away now. I have 20 trailers saying they are coming 3 of those have not given me their camp site numbers yet. Hope those 3 have gotten their sites as the campground filled up real fast. Just courious, I know how many trailers but for most of them I dont know how many people will be in them.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #30

Name: Roland
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13ft
Manitoba
Registry
Thanks Rick, turnout is looking very good...I know everyone is busy trying to capture as much of the summer as they can. Feels like it just got started in our part of the country!

In the near future we hope to be posting some of the weekend activities so please stay tuned!

Old 07-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #31

Manitoba
Registry
Thumbs up Manitoba Rally

Wow Summer has hit Manitoba and just a month to go till the rally.

Was out at St Malo a few weeks ago checking the place out. Looks like it will be a good place for the rally this year. We have 23 trailers confirmed but 3 of those have not gotten back to me with campsite info. A few of you I am not sure of how many people in your partys.

Looks like we will be haveing a meet and greet the friday night, geocacheing on the Saturday morning, Beach free time Saturday afternoon and pot luck supper on Saturday evening. Trailer tour will probally happen on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Roland and I will post the schedule once we get it finallized. Anyone interested in the Geocacheing should chat with Maureen H about it as she will be giveing a lesson on how it works and will be guiding us on a hunt.

Will keep you guys posted as we get closer.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #32

Trailer: 1976 Ventura
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for over a year and almost made it to the 1st meet last year. My husband and I are planning on attending with 'Little Veggie' my '76 Ventura. I booked Bay 8, Site 13 a few weeks ago and there is just the 2 of us. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #33

Manitoba
Registry
Hi Sherry and welcome, I have added you to the Rally map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry G View Post
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for over a year and almost made it to the 1st meet last year. My husband and I are planning on attending with 'Little Veggie' my '76 Ventura. I booked Bay 8, Site 13 a few weeks ago and there is just the 2 of us. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #34

Name: Roland
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 13ft
Manitoba
Registry
Hello!

Welcome to you and your husband Sherry...as Rick mentioned stay tuned for some announcements in the near future.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #35

Name: Brian and Lil
Trailer: 1979 Boler Gaucho Model
Manitoba
Registry
I have a GPS and would be interested in doing some geocaching
Old 07-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #36

Manitoba
Registry
Great Brian should be a fun activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sanderson View Post
I have a GPS and would be interested in doing some geocaching
Old 07-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #37

Name: Brian and Lil
Trailer: 1979 Boler Gaucho Model
Manitoba
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen H View Post
I was so glad to see this on the site! The time, the place, everything just fits into our summer plans! We are avid geocachers, (Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site) and Manitoba is back on our plans for a visit again! So with this rally right in the area we want to visit, we get to do what we love best, going to meets and meeting up with the nicest people and to go geocaching! See you there!
I will be bringing my Garmin GPS
Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #38

Manitoba
Registry
If anyone else has a Handheld GPS bring it along and join the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Great Brian should be a fun activity
Old 07-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #39

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Not much chatter in here lately! Just over 2 months away now. I have 20 trailers saying they are coming 3 of those have not given me their camp site numbers yet. Hope those 3 have gotten their sites as the campground filled up real fast. Just courious, I know how many trailers but for most of them I dont know how many people will be in them.
Hi Rick. I was pretty excited about the weekend but unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to make it. If I do make it then it will only be for friday night and I'll have to leave first thing saturday morning. That will be too much rushing around. If i cancel my reservation then I will loose out on the reservation fee which is not a big deal but if you know of someone that still needs a site then maybe I can just switch the names.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #40

Manitoba
Registry
By now everyone should have their site booked but will see what I can do for you if someone wants to move sites or last minute bookings.

Hope things change and you can still make it for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
Hi Rick. I was pretty excited about the weekend but unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to make it. If I do make it then it will only be for friday night and I'll have to leave first thing saturday morning. That will be too much rushing around. If i cancel my reservation then I will loose out on the reservation fee which is not a big deal but if you know of someone that still needs a site then maybe I can just switch the names.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #41

Manitoba
Registry
Thumbs up Manitoba Rally Events

OK guys here it is:

Friday August 19th - 8pm to Quiet time - Meet and Greet in Roland and Noella's Campsite Section A Site 5 or my site Section A Site 9 depending how we are setup, the site with the big group of people will be the one to be at LOL. Bring a musical instrument if you want and a chair and some firewood if you can spare it.

Saturday August 20th - 9 am to Noon - Geocacheing demo and Hunt, meet at Maureen H camp site Bay 11 Site 2 at 9am, You dont need a GPS if you dont have one we just go out in bigger groups.

Saturday August 20th - Noon to 6pm - Free time to visit fellow campers and check out their trailers only if they are in their site. Or Beach time.

Saturday August 20th - 6pm to whenever - Pot-Luck Supper location to be determined, I will scope one out on the Thursday night when I go out there. Lyndon are you still bringing your Big tent?

Sunday August 21st - morning - trailer tour if you did not get a chance on Saturday afternoon. Then most of us will pack up and head home. And Roland and I will start planning next years meet.

If anyone has any questions please email me and we will get all questions answered. Wow can't belive it is almost time to pack and head to St Malo.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:15 PM   #42

Name: Jayson
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'll bring my GPS as well, although a few of the caches in the park are mine...aka The Boler Expeditions.

I will be camping in St.Malo during the 1st week of August, so I will hide a few more, but outside the park boundaries. Recent Provincial Park regulations (red tape) has made geocaching hiding in the park very cumbersome.

Tags
rally