MB Aug. 19-21, 2011: Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #101

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Your Boler

I re-read an article about the history of the Boler and it appears yours is a 1968, the first 100 Bolers produced were all flat tops in 1969 the put the bubble on the top. I will find the article and email it to once i get my new computer up and running. Do you know what the serial number of your Boler I will be able to dig deaper with that.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbags View Post
Thanks from Tim & Virginia (owners of the white flat top we're now calling the '70-wha? boler - our boler may not be the '71 it was made out to be; the mystery as to its actual age because of the borrowed features from production different years now deepens!)
See you in 2012,
T&V
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #102

Name: James
Trailer: 17' Boler
Manitoba
Registry
Thank you to Rick and Roland for organizing the rally.It was our first time participating in a event like this. My wife and I enjoyed the trailer tours and got some great ideas for our Boler. We met some great people and hope to see you all next year.
Grant J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #103

Registry
Love the site Jayson, great job. Roland and I will keep you informed as to the dates for the next rally.

Rick
Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #104

Name: Tim & Gin
Trailer: boler
Manitoba
Rick, I just got off the phone with the owner of the '68 boler advertised on Kijiji and his son. It sold just a few days ago for just under list (it was an estate sale). Looking at their Kijiji ad photos - the ad is still up there and I made copies - mine is definately not one of the first 40 but could be one of the 41-100 made in '68. To confirm the son said I should check the left side of the sub frame for a serial number and at least the water tank which shows the manufacturing year of the tank. The boler they sold and my boler share the flat top roof, 3 sided tongue steel, copper-coiled propane lead and flush mounted lights but the windows differ; theirs are sliders mine are wind-outs. But the 'boler' decal above their windows front and back I definately have under my paint; I can just make it out.

More sleuthing to come later!
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
I re-read an article about the history of the Boler and it appears yours is a 1968, the first 100 Bolers produced were all flat tops in 1969 the put the bubble on the top. I will find the article and email it to once i get my new computer up and running. Do you know what the serial number of your Boler I will be able to dig deaper with that.

Rick
tvbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #105

Registry
Your Boler

Ya that was the second 68 Boler to be sold lately. That one was Serial number 026 and 001 was sold a few months ago. Wow nice to know you own 1 of the first 100 made. That is a peice of history. Let me know how you progress with your search. What serial number do you have listed with Autopac? Once you find the right info you will have to correct it with Autopac and that might be some fun on its own.

Rick

Quote:
Rick, I just got off the phone with the owner of the '68 boler advertised on Kijiji and his son. It sold just a few days ago for just under list (it was an estate sale). Looking at their Kijiji ad photos - the ad is still up there and I made copies - mine is definately not one of the first 40 but could be one of the 41-100 made in '68. To confirm the son said I should check the left side of the sub frame for a serial number and at least the water tank which shows the manufacturing year of the tank. The boler they sold and my boler share the flat top roof, 3 sided tongue steel, copper-coiled propane lead and flush mounted lights but the windows differ; theirs are sliders mine are wind-outs. But the 'boler' decal above their windows front and back I definately have under my paint; I can just make it out.

More sleuthing to come later!
Tim
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #106

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Thanks to everyone for a great gathering at St. Malo. We enjoyed meeting many new friends.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0467.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	39342

Name:	IMG_0468.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	39343

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	39344

Name:	IMG_0503.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	39345

Name:	IMG_0504.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	39346

Name:	IMG_0505.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	39347

Name:	IMG_0506.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	39348

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	39349
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0454.jpg  
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #107

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Great shots Nancy, thanks for taking the time to pass them on to us.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #108

Manitoba
After some pocking around our boler maybe we'll know more; I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Ya that was the second 68 Boler to be sold lately. That one was Serial number 026 and 001 was sold a few months ago. Wow nice to know you own 1 of the first 100 made. That is a peice of history. Let me know how you progress with your search. What serial number do you have listed with Autopac? Once you find the right info you will have to correct it with Autopac and that might be some fun on its own.

Rick
Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #109

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
It was sure fun getting together with all of you last weekend !Had a great time meeting you all ! It's a shame there aren't any other nearby Bolerama Type get togethers in our area.Possibly a smaller,less structured get-together before summer is over.

Andy
Andy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #110

Manitoba
Rick, I found a plate along the back edge of the axle/frame; it was somewhat rusted over but cleaned it best I could.

It says...
DURA FLEX AXLE
AXLE RATING 1000 lbs
PATENT No. 2-712742
HENSCHEN INDUSTRIES CORP
JACKSON CENTRE OHIO

I haven't found any other identifying marks, plates or numbers and there is nothing that I can see on the water tank.

I did a quick search on Google and found that Duraflex axle was introduced in 1961 and was the axle used in early Airstream trailers.

My metal bumper which again is unique by boler standards may have been a later add-on by an owner; the nuts and bolts which attach the bumper to the frame are not really rusted over unlike my ground wire bolt which I finally found and is very rusted on the opposite side of the frames.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Quote:
After some pocking around our boler maybe we'll know more; I'll let you know.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #111

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
It was sure fun getting together with all of you last weekend !Had a great time meeting you all ! It's a shame there aren't any other nearby Bolerama Type get togethers in our area.Possibly a smaller,less structured get-together before summer is over.

Andy
Hey Andy, nice to see you out at St Malo...had a couple of people ask about another smaller type of get-together and one person offered their big yard/acreage out in the Selkirk area.
Unfortunately for me I will be out of town working for about 5 weeks so would not be able to assist at this time. But Rick and I are already discussing some details for next years rally. Hope to see you there!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #112

Trailer: Boler 1700
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Al Nelson
We are real sorry we were not able to make it to this year's "Boler Bash" due to other commitments. We're even more sorry after looking at the pictures. But we are up for any other get together this year. Lots of summer left.
Al & Clarice
Al Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally