MB Aug. 19-21, 2011: Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #81

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Manitoba Rally

Well it is time to pack the trailer here right away. I will be heading out to St Malo tomorrow evening (Thursday). I will check the web site one last time tomorrow morning. See you all at the Rally this weekend. Looks like Mother nature will be smileing on us this weekend.

Rick
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #82

Registry
Manitoba Rally

Welcome Susan S looking forward to meeting you and Daniel.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #83

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Welcome

Good to have you on board Susan S and Daniel. See you on Friday at the Meet & Greet.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #84

Registry
Smile Manitoba Rally

Well guys this is my last post before I head out to St Malo this evening. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect for us.

Welcome Kevin Kardashinski and wifey looking forward to meeting you at the Rally.

Time to have supper finish packing and head out to St Malo.

See you all there.

Rick
Old 08-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #85

Registry
Wink Looking Good!

Great to see some last minute registrations...welcome Kevin see you and the family there.

Great turnout for year two; around 34 Fiberglass and Vintage campers coming out!

I will be leaving early Friday morning for St Malo, so... if you still want to join the rally and Rick or myself are gone then just find an open camping site (section F has sites available), book it and show up to our spot in Section A site 5 or 9 and let us know, its that easy!
Roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Well guys this is my last post before I head out to St Malo this evening. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect for us.

Welcome Kevin Kardashinski and wifey looking forward to meeting you at the Rally.

Time to have supper finish packing and head out to St Malo.

See you all there.

Rick
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #86

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
I just check in and I'm starting to set up!!!
Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #87

Registry
lucky!

Very nice...calling for 24 above and sun on Friday, have a nice day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wall View Post
I just check in and I'm starting to set up!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #88

Have been a few Rollin in tonight
Old 08-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #89

Thanks Roland and Rick for setting up the 2011 rally! Great times!!!

Enjoyed meeting every from Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Minnesota and Illinois!

After Saturdays trailer tour, I got a few new ideas for my 1974 Boler for next year!!

I took a lot of photos over the weekend and tried to get a photo of everyones trailer.

After speaking with Roland late on Sunday, I will be creating a website devoted to the Manitoba rally. Here I will post pictures from this years rally as well as information on upcoming events and other interesting fiberglass rv information.

The website will be called BOLER BASH: Manitoba's Fiberglass and Vintage RV Rally.

It can be found at www.bolerbash.com

I should have the beginning of the site up and online in a week or two. I will post on here when it's online.

Thanks again Roland and Rick!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #90

Registry
Manitoba Rally

Thank you so much Jayson. Yes it was a great weekend. I myself got lots of ideas, some of which are very exstream.

I look forward to checking out your new website.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wall View Post
Thanks Roland and Rick for setting up the 2011 rally! Great times!!!

Enjoyed meeting every from Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Minnesota and Illinois!

After Saturdays trailer tour, I got a few new ideas for my 1974 Boler for next year!!

I took a lot of photos over the weekend and tried to get a photo of everyones trailer.

After speaking with Roland late on Sunday, I will be creating a website devoted to the Manitoba rally. Here I will post pictures from this years rally as well as information on upcoming events and other interesting fiberglass rv information.

The website will be called BOLER BASH: Manitoba's Fiberglass and Vintage RV Rally.

It can be found at www.bolerbash.com

I should have the beginning of the site up and online in a week or two. I will post on here when it's online.

Thanks again Roland and Rick!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #91

Registry
Thumbs up 2011 Manitoba Rally

WOW what great Rally. Thank you all for bringing your trailers out and letting stangers look at them. But I guess all those stanges are now friends. My best guess was 45 or more trailers.

Thanks to Maureen for the Geocaching lessons and taking those that were interested out to find some caches.

Thanks to you all for opening your doors and letting us all in to check out your trailers. Five trailers really stand out for me, the first was the Red trailer and truck which was brought out by Chris and April, the second was The Time Machine brought out by Kevin the interior was very well done the third was the grey primered trailer brought out by physer guy I would love to see what you do with it over the next year, the fourth trailer was the Pathfinder brought out by Bob and Lynn very nice job of restoring that interior, the fifth was the 1974 Sprit brought out by Rob and Ann loved that trailer.

Thank you to all those that came out for the pot luck supper, what a great meal that was. And a great way to get everyone together and chat to eachother.

Thanks so much to all the musical people the entertainment was Excellant.

Make sure you all check out Jayson Wall's new website once he gets it up. It is called www.bolerbash.com

I cant wait to get to next years rally to meet all our new friends and with any luck meet some more nice people who all share the same interest. It was so nice to see that people of all ages are intested in our little trailers.

Rick
Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #92

Registry
Amazing weekend!

Nice weather and great people make for an amazing weekend. Thank you to all for participating and for so readily sharing ideas and tips.

Rick will have a better idea of how many turned out, (we lost count as there were quite a few last minute arrivals which was nice to see), but from what I can tell there were over 45 trailers with quite a variety of makes and models.

Here are a few of the moments I caught... I would also love to see other pictures that are out there.

Stay tuned, more pictures and information to follow.

Roland
Attached Thumbnails
P1040558.jpg   P1040588.jpg  

P1040574.jpg   P1040583.jpg  

P1040603.jpg   P1040607.jpg  

P1040653.jpg   P1040620.jpg  

P1040645.jpg   P1040553.jpg  

Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #93

Registry
A few more!
Attached Thumbnails
P1040592.jpg   P1040565.jpg  

P1040589.jpg   P1040581.JPG  

P1040612.jpg   P1040624.jpg  

P1040629.jpg   P1040643.jpg  

P1040585.jpg   P1040647.jpg  

Old 08-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #94

Registry
One last picture gallery. Thanks again to all who made it out and as Rick mentioned the variety of ages was nice to see. Our youngest rally member was 3 months old and our oldest was ??.

See you next year!

Roland
Attached Thumbnails
P1040566.jpg   P1040646.jpg  

P1040638.jpg   P1040564.jpg  

P1040634.jpg   P1040642.jpg  

P1040640.jpg   P1040649.jpg  

P1040599.jpg   P1040623.jpg  

Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #95

Name: Tim & Gin
Trailer: boler
Manitoba
Thanks from Tim & Virginia (owners of the white flat top we're now calling the '70-wha? boler - our boler may not be the '71 it was made out to be; the mystery as to its actual age because of the borrowed features from production different years now deepens!)
See you in 2012,
T&V
tvbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #96

BOLER BASH is now online, all be it still under construction, there is a photo gallery from this past weekends rally.
http://www.bolerbash.com

Old 08-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #97

Manitoba
Great site, Jayson; looks slick.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #98

Registry
Manitoba Fiberglass and vintage RV website

Great job Jayson, thanks for all the work on www.bolerbash.com

Still many people to thank for bringing the dining tent, popcorn, Geocache lessons, music, food, firewood and for the great suggestions and advice. I will try to do that on a personal basis but for now just a general but very warm thankyou to all!

One very common suggestion that I kept hearing was to have the trailers close together in one area which would make visiting and tours a little easier. Rick and I will see what we can do on that topic for next year.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #99

Thanks,

Tried to keep it simple and clean yet informative.

When I designed the logo, I was trying to go for a retro 70's image.

Again thanks to Roland and Rick for getting the ball rolling and a great turnout this year!! 40+ trailers Nice!!

With the success of this years rally, I think 60-70 for next year is not out of the question.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #100

Manitoba
Smile

Tim & Gin like this idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland H View Post
Great job Jayson, thanks for all the work on www.bolerbash.com

Still many people to thank for bringing the dining tent, popcorn, music, food, firewood and for the great suggestions and advice. I will try to do that on a personal basis but for now just a general but very warm thankyou to all!

One very common suggestion that I kept hearing was to have the trailers close together in one area which would make visiting and tours a little easier. Rick and I will see what we can do on that topic for next year.

Tags
rally