MB Aug. 19-21, 2011: Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Aug. 19-21, 2011: Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally

2nd Annual Manitoba Rally

Over 30 trailers registered as of August 8th!

Scheduled Events:

Friday August 19th - 8pm to Quiet time - Meet and Greet in Roland and Noella's Campsite Section A Site 5 or Rick and Shirley's Section A Site 9, depending how we are set up, (the site with the big group of people will be the one to be at LOL).
Bring a musical instrument if you want and a chair and some firewood if you can spare it.

Saturday August 20th - 9 am to Noon - Geocacheing demo and hunt, meet at Maureen H camp site Bay 11 Site 2 at 9am, You dont need a GPS if you dont have one we just go out in bigger groups.

Saturday August 20th - Noon to 6pm - Free time to visit fellow campers and check out their trailers (if they are in their site). Or Beach time.

Saturday August 20th - 6pm to whenever - Pot-Luck Supper location to be determined and we will advise all participants.

Sunday August 21st - morning - trailer tours if you did not get a chance on Saturday afternoon. Then most of us will pack up and head home.

Of course all events are optional but we would love to see you there!

Location: St Malo Provincial Park, Manitoba; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes north of the Canada/USA border.

* Section A and Bay 11 are now sold out! However Sections F & G still have some available sites.

* Reservations can still be made at the Manitoba Parks website: http://prssya.gov.mb.ca/FacilitySearch.aspx

* If planning to attend please see the Rally Calendar (link below) on this website and complete the RSVP section. You may change or cancel your RSVP at any time:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/c...=2011-8-19&c=1

More Information and details to follow!
Roland H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #2

Registry
Reservations open April 4th - book early if possible.

The opening of reservations for Provincial Parks in Manitoba is just one month away on the 4th of April.
I spoke with the Provincial Park Department today and they said St. Malo Provincial Park can fill up... it is the second most popular park in the Province.

Just a little reminder to book your site as soon as possible.
Hope to see you there!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Thank you for the update.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #4

Name: Maureen
Trailer: 2003 Trillium Outback
Saskatchewan
Registry
I was so glad to see this on the site! The time, the place, everything just fits into our summer plans! We are avid geocachers, (Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site) and Manitoba is back on our plans for a visit again! So with this rally right in the area we want to visit, we get to do what we love best, going to meets and meeting up with the nicest people and to go geocaching! See you there!
Maureen H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #5

Registry
Manitoba Rally 19 - 21 August, 2011

Thanks for signing up Maureen, we look forward to meeting you at the rally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen H View Post
I was so glad to see this on the site! The time, the place, everything just fits into our summer plans! We are avid geocachers, (Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site) and Manitoba is back on our plans for a visit again! So with this rally right in the area we want to visit, we get to do what we love best, going to meets and meeting up with the nicest people and to go geocaching! See you there!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1700
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Al Nelson
Clarice and i will be there.
Al Nelson
Al Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #7

Registry
Look forward to seeing you again Al and Clarice. I'm sure this year will be all sunshine!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #8

Saskatchewan
Registry
We have just booked our site at St. Malo Campground. We are in Bay 11, site 02. See you there!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #9

Registry
Reservations Now Open... Please pick your site ASAP!

The reservation system for Manitoba Parks is now open and the St Malo Park spots are going fast! Our choice for electrical spots (Bay 11) has already filled for the weekend.

As of today there are still 13 sites available in the nonelectrical Section A.

If anyone is in real need of an electrical site I would suggest trying Bay 6 as it appears to have the most spaces available.

Link to the Park Reservation System: http://prsasr.gov.mb.ca/
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #10

Saskatchewan
Registry
Now that we are booked and have a campsite we are ready to go! We will be there early and getting some "geocaching" in. We were wondering if anyone coming to the Rally would be interested in learning about the sport of "geocaching"? Do you have a hand held GPS? We have one extra GPS plus our own two. There are about 8 geocaches located in the park. We could introduce you to this great sport and then go out and find the geocaches. It is a great sport for the whole family, young & old. You can go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site to find out more about it. Rick has mentioned that one of his friends, who is attending the Rally, has a GPS. So that would be 4 GPS units and we could go out as a group to find the Geocaches.

Anyone interested?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #11

Registry
Correction

Sorry, I need to make a correction... in my previous post I stated that Bay 11 is filled and Bay 6 is now the closest "electrical" sites...this is not correct as Bay 6 is Basic sites and has no electrical.

The best option as of today for electrical spots will be Bay 8. And of course Section A still has nonelectric spots available. (Or another option is to grab a spot in Bay 11 when/if someone cancels.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland H View Post
The reservation system for Manitoba Parks is now open and the St Malo Park spots are going fast! Our choice for electrical spots (Bay 11) has already filled for the weekend.

As of today there are still 13 sites available in the nonelectrical Section A.

If anyone is in real need of an electrical site I would suggest trying Bay 6 as it appears to have the most spaces available.

Link to the Park Reservation System: http://prsasr.gov.mb.ca/
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #12

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Count me in, Luc says he has his GPS and a spare so thats 5 GPS units now.

Rick

Quote:
Now that we are booked and have a campsite we are ready to go! We will be there early and getting some "geocaching" in. We were wondering if anyone coming to the Rally would be interested in learning about the sport of "geocaching"? Do you have a hand held GPS? We have one extra GPS plus our own two. There are about 8 geocaches located in the park. We could introduce you to this great sport and then go out and find the geocaches. It is a great sport for the whole family, young & old. You can go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site to find out more about it. Rick has mentioned that one of his friends, who is attending the Rally, has a GPS. So that would be 4 GPS units and we could go out as a group to find the Geocaches.

Anyone interested?
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #13

Registry
Maureen that sounds great to Noella and me. I will see if we can borrow a GPS unit from some friends or family. Thanks for the offer!

Quote:

Anyone interested?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #14

Name: Tim & Gin
Trailer: boler
Manitoba
Hi, Roland, glad we can finally make, Virginia and I will be on site 16 ,Site A with our '71 boler.

Tim
tvbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #15

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba

Hi there. Just wanted to introduce myself. This is Brian. When I saw the add for St. Malo on Kijiji I thought It might be alot of fun so I booked a site and joined your website. I have a 75 boler that needs a little work so I'm hoping to see other campers and get some ideas.
I think I lucked out with the campsite. Just booked it on Wednesday and I took the last spot in bay 11 (site 32 I believe). Can't wait
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #16

Registry
Rally

Hi Brian and welcome, I have maped you into the rally map that I am keeping so we know where everyone will be. Looks like it will be a good turn out this year and hope it is better weather then last years Rally.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
Hi there. Just wanted to introduce myself. This is Brian. When I saw the add for St. Malo on Kijiji I thought It might be alot of fun so I booked a site and joined your website. I have a 75 boler that needs a little work so I'm hoping to see other campers and get some ideas.
I think I lucked out with the campsite. Just booked it on Wednesday and I took the last spot in bay 11 (site 32 I believe). Can't wait
Old 04-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #17

Registry
Rally

Hi Tim, I mapped you into the Rally map the I am keeping so we know where everyone will be. I too have a 71 Boler and look forward to doing the trailer tour to see what everyone has done to presonalize their trailers.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbags View Post
Hi, Roland, glad we can finally make, Virginia and I will be on site 16 ,Site A with our '71 boler.

Tim
Old 04-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #18

Trailer: Boler 13 ft 1972
I'm in this year too - had to miss last year because we sold our house and had to move that weekend. Although, unfortunately I'm in bay 10, site 8 because members of my family are also coming and they don't have vintage campers but we want to be near them. I have a 72 Boler - and I'm super excited.
GordM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #19

Registry
Tim/Gin and Brian we look forward to meeting all of you, if there are any questions feel free to send a Private Message or post a comment. See you there!

Hey Gord, great to have you in this year and no worries about your families trailers...Im sure the Fiberglass campers will play nice with the other ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordM View Post
I'm in this year too - had to miss last year because we sold our house and had to move that weekend. Although, unfortunately I'm in bay 10, site 8 because members of my family are also coming and they don't have vintage campers but we want to be near them. I have a 72 Boler - and I'm super excited.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #20

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Hi Rick. Thanks for the welcome. And to Maureen, I ended up checking out the website for the geocaching and it sounds like alot of fun. Unfortunately I dont have a GPS, but I wouldnt mind tagging along to find out more about it.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally