AZ | 2016, Feb 8-11; 12-14: Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, AZ - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-20-2015, 12:02 AM   #21

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Forum for Lake Castas Fiberglass Rally Halloween Weekend 2015

Hi Doug
You may want to check out the Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas coming up this Halloween weekend. We have a lot of fun especially on this holiday!
The BASS section that we stay in is filled up but sometimes there are cancellations. and there are other sites like in the Angler or Egret with hookups.
Info is here at this website under forums.
paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:23 AM   #22

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape
California
Registry
Thanks Paula. sounds like fun. We can't make the Lake Casitas Rally this year but will keep it i mind for next year.
Doug
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quartzsite is a kick !

I hope to be at Quartzsite; I've made it to most of the last 6 years with my 13' Scamp. By mid February some of vendors in town are starting to wind down but that just means better deals. Mostly rocks and gems, but also antiques, curios, clothing, food items, and RV accessories. And be sure to explore the town. 8 - 10 years ago much of the town was fabric covered shelters, now there are more permanent buildings and new fast food and restaurants in town. And now there are more permanent homes in town and more people stay over the summer. There are some new big homes in the N.E. part of town and some are RV homes with garages bigger than the houses. So come one down and meet the gang ! David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #24

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Site numbers at Quartzite?

Am I missing something or is it obvious to everyone but me? I was considering going to the Quartzite meet. I thought it was basically open land and all you needed was the BLM permit but now I see reference to site numbers on some of the posts. I re-read all of the posts and saw reference to some of the other meets. Are those meets the ones the site numbers refer to? Please clarify the arrangements necessary at Quarzite.
Thanks
Don
Sacramento
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
Am I missing something or is it obvious to everyone but me? I was considering going to the Quartzite meet. I thought it was basically open land and all you needed was the BLM permit but now I see reference to site numbers on some of the posts. I re-read all of the posts and saw reference to some of the other meets. Are those meets the ones the site numbers refer to? Please clarify the arrangements necessary at Quarzite.
Thanks
Don
Sacramento
Don I think this thread has broken off to another topic ( scamp camp in Florida) I see from the op original post that it is open camping in quartzite ,no sites and should be no problem . Are you going to try to be there with the HC1 as we are going to try to be there also with a couple HC1 s , could be a lot of fun with possibly 3 or more HC1 s there.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #26

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Kris and I were thinking of a trip to Death Valley in February. We would probably have to swing south around the south end of the Sierras to stay out of the high snowy passes east of Sacramento. In that case it would put us in the general vicinity of Quartzite, (sort of). I will see if I can convince her of a multi week trip through south east California and Western Arizona. I will let you know.
Don,
Sacramento
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:48 PM   #27

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Blythe Giant or Blythe Intaglios

I'm hoping to make it to Quartzite this year but not sure if it will happen. When I went to Quartzite in 2014 I was talking to a resident of Twentynine Palms Ca. who mentioned the Blythe Giant or Blythe Intaglios as a very interesting place to visit. I did not have time on that trip but the description of the place was interesting. After I did a Google search I was astounded at the photos of the Giant or actually Giants and I was just wondering if anyone had actually visited the place. It is on Highway 95 north of Blythe. I'm wondering how much can be seen from the ground. he photos from the air look very interesting. It might be worth chartering a small plane from Blythe. I'm just wondering who has seen this. A search of the forum had no results.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #28

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quartzsite gathering update

Hello all, and a Happy New Year to everyone!

We're a little over 5 weeks away from the awesome annual Quartzsite Gathering and we're looking forward to seeing everyone there.

It has been a cooler year than normal in the AZ desert so be sure to bring some layers and jackets to allow for any range of weather conditions we may encounter. While the gathering officially runs Monday the 8thof February through Sunday the 14th you can come and go for any days that you can make or the entire gathering - whatever time fits your schedule.No reservations needed, no bill or checkout time when you leave. Although we do ask everyone contribute a can of soup (no cream soups) for the great soup event.

Remember this year we'll have our Quartzsite commemorative button/name tags. Stop by the host trailer and sign in to receive your buttons.(2 person per trailer limit) We are producing 200 of these keepsakes (Thanks to Earl) and when they run out, we're out. So don't dally; they're cool.

While we do have some activities at the Quartzsite gathering they are very informal and limited in their scope. Come join in if you desire or just relax on your patio (or someone else's) and kibitz to your heart's content.

All week opportunities and activities:

Quartzsite Show andSwap Meet Schedule:

http://www.xpopress....s-schedule.html

AZ Little HouseCustoms – by Konrad

This year since we will "officially" be attending as "Little House Customs Arizona," I thought it might be a good idea to share what I feel that I'll be able to do at Quartzsite, and perhaps more importantly, what I won't be doing.

Also, as a reminder of how all this got started; LHCAZ is basically a "kit installer" of Little House Customs products and mods. We don't have the beautiful, fully equipped mobile shop that Larry has so we can't do the custom work and metal fabrication that they do in Texas.

Quartzsite is different from most of the rallies that Larry Gamble (Little House Customs in Texas and the"mother ship") does in that it's a "boondocking" gathering.No electric and more importantly, no water or dump. Because of this I won't be doing any plumbing at Quartzsite. If you want Fast Gray Mod, Bathroom Remodelor Deck Plates installed, please make arrangements to have this work done a tour place in Camp Verde Arizona either before or after the gathering.

What I will be doing is lighter duty"mods". Lighted switches, three way porch light mods, folding kitchen shelf, fridge hinge brackets, screen door push bars, etc. I may do double stepsif there's room in the truck to bring them. I will also be able to do Orbital Machine Works (perfectcasita.com) Shock Kits but not the 3" lift. If you want a OMW Receiver Hitch you'll have to come to the house, 'cause they're just too big to haul to Quartzsite.

My plan is to bring a handful of different items, a pocket full of pop rivets and a willingness to talk to anybody about anything. Because we really don't make anything on the LHC products we sell we won't be having a "store". The parts I bring will just be for installation at Quartzsite.

Here's the key point: PLEASE let me know if you want to have work done at Quartzsite and what's on your Wish List. I'm pretty sure I can attend to everyone who wants work done but I'll need to know ahead of time so I can be sure to have parts and time schedules. Take a look at the Store at Home | Little House Customs and see what you might need. Let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen. Contact info is on the Little House website.

As I said above, we're really looking forward to Quartzsite again this year and I expect to be busy. I also expect to have some time to visit with people who are important and special to me. It's all a balance game and a fun one at that.

The "Drop Dead Gotta Be In By" date to get on the list is 1 Feb 2016. Contact me: Konrad, Lynn & Sparky - (928) 606-1916
Little House Customs Arizona - http://www.littlehou...omsarizona.com/

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you all and having a great time as usual.

Ukulele Mark

Our resident Ukulele professional will be offering Ukulele workshops for a nominal fee on Wed and Friday afternoon (Check event whiteboard for timesand updates) culminating in a concert on Saturday night at the main loop campfire. To read more about Mark and contact him if you are interested in lessons or playing (anyone who plays any instruments is invited to join in and play) in the Saturday night concert, contact Mark directly for details at markbaker53@gmail.com and check out his website Ukulele, Guitar and Vocal Entertainer – Mark Baker Singer / Song Writer, Entertainer, Ukulele

Campfires

Campfires, and usually music, will be going on all week at the central campfire pit to gather to visit and meet new friends. Everyone that can, please contribute some firewood for the campfire, as there are no trees in Quartzsite to harvest.

Saturday Activities:

9 am – 12 noon – Arizona Eileen will be hosting the annual onsite swap meet.

Dome Rock Swap Meet Quartzsite Gathering Saturday, Feb 13, 2016 9am - 12 noon

This is your opportunity to recycle those camping items you no longer use!

SELLERS:
* Items must be camping-related...basically anything having to do with RVing. This can also include books, CDs, electronics, etc. -- stuff you'd use when traveling. No clothing items, please.
* Purchase a box of small envelopes at the Dollar Store (I'll also have some on hand).
On the front of the envelope, write: 1)Your name, 2) the item name, 3) the price, 4) your cell phone number
* Affix the envelope to the item you wish to sell and leave your item(s) on one of the tables at the Swap Meet.
* You must be willing to accept either cash or check.
* Buyers will place their payment into the envelope and then deposit it into a box designated as PAYMENTS.
* At 12 noon, sellers will be expected to come back to the tent to claim their payment(s) and/or item(s).
* There will be a table for FREE STUFF. No envelopes necessary; however, the items must be camping-related and reclaimed by noon.
DO NOT LEAVE THOSE ITEMS FOR OTHERS TO DISPOSE OF!
* If you have a table or ground cover we can use for a few hours to display items, please bring it along.
* No need to stick around if you don't want to since someone will be there keeping an eye on things.

BUYERS:
* Acceptable payments will be by cash (correct change appreciated) or check.
* Buyers may write their name and cell number on the envelope before depositing it into the box if they have questions for the Seller.

MISCELLANEOUS
No outside vendors are permitted without permission from Greg A., the rally host.

I will have A-Z Casita Owners Guide CDs and the following decals on hand: Jack Frame Under Here, Battery Charge, and Fresh Water Tank Gauges.

Questions? Suggestions? Email me at lovemycasita@ymail.com

Eileen

9:30 am - This year Betty will be teaching our daughter (Quartzsite Kid) to take over the Dutch oven treats. She will be learning Betty's Sopapilla recipe and we'll start handing them out first come first serve till they run out.

12:30 pm – The Great Soup event. All the collected cans of soup (remember no cream soups) will be carefully blended by our professional soup chef volunteers to create something- we have no idea what it will be. If you feel so inclined to bring over some sides like bread, cheese, crackers to contribute to the soup line it will be much appreciated.

1:30ish pm – Ladderball tournament. Immediately following the Great Soup Event will be the annual Ladderball tournament. Sign up your team of two at the host trailer and we'll match up single registrations as teams. Ladderball is a blast if you're not familiar with it, a very simple game and a lot of fun. We had 21 teams compete last year in a single elimination with some great prizes to the top three teams.

2:30ish pm – Naptime. 

6-7ish pm – The Saturday night concert led by Ukulele Mark and company. All musicians are invited to play and it should be quite fun!

General Gathering Information:

Getting hereThanks Arizona Eileen)

Program these coordinates into your GPS and it'll take you to exactly where you need to go.

33.643617,-114.304752

MAP OF QUARTZSITEGATHERING LOCATION

27503 Dome Rock Rd W, Quartzsite AZ 85346

There are TWO exits for access to Dome Rock Rd., #11 or #17, depending on which direction you're coming from.

You can barely see the gathering in the distance when passing by on I-10.

Host Trailer:

Escape 19 will be setup in the main center loop, arriving on Monday mid-day.

At the host trailer in addition to sign-in and commemorative buttons/name tags we will have an activity whiteboard with the activities listed and any changes or updates to times, etc.

This year we will also be adding, compliments of Fiberglass-rv-4sale.com,a trailer wanted and/or for sale whiteboard. If you are looking for a trailer to buy or have one that will be for sale we'll list it on the whiteboard and direct the buyers and sellers on how to get together at the gathering. Every year trailers have been available and sold as a result of the gathering, so it will be nice to coordinate those buyers and sellers this year.

BLM:

Even though there are no fees for 14 days to stay, you do have to go obtain a BLM permit. The BLM ranger trailer is just down the road from the gathering on the way to Love's and we'll give you directions when you sign in.

Sorry this is so long, but should provide everything you need to head over to Quartzsite and have a great time with us.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Your Wagonmasters and the Quartzsite Kids.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:03 AM   #29

Trailer: Casita
Westbound on I-10. Which exit? How far West of Hwy 95? Thanks.
LK Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #30

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
HEY GREG!!

Alan Weinel here - Michele and I are no loner FG owners, but we ARE philosophically in that camp - smaller is better, etc... We sold the 19' Scamp and now have a 24' Tango. Are we still welcome?? I mean, we're not gonna be pelted w/ little fiberglass (OR REAL!!) eggs, are we?? LOL. It will be good to head south - Northern California is overcast, foggy and just generally a nice place to be FROM in early February. We will hit QZ, then probably slip down to Yuma or so, then over to the So Cal coast for a day or two on the ocean. Look fwd to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Alan & Michele and the yet unnamed Tango.
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:09 PM   #31

Hey Alan,
You are certainly welcome at the Quartzsite gathering, even though you've gone to the dark side now. You'll be back to molded glass soon. Look forward to seeing you and Michele again and finding out what you promised her to get her back to Q??
Old 01-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK Gray View Post
Westbound on I-10. Which exit? How far West of Hwy 95? Thanks.
Coming west from 95 on I-10 you will take exit 11 Dome Rock Rd and come back under I-10 to the S side. Follow Dome Rock Rd back towards Quartzsite and a couple of miles down on your right you see the gathering.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #33

Name: Pete
Trailer: Want Parkliner
California
Anybody going with a Parkliner I can view. Very interested in buying one and would love to see one. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I haven't seen a Parkliner, but an example of just about everything else is here. I started a web page of photos at the rally & will add to it over the week.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:21 PM   #35

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Fiberglass Rally Quartzsite 2016

Greg
It was great to meet you and other FG friends! I had to leave early and got this photo on my way out.
Hope to see folks at the next Rally where ever it may be!
Happy travels
Paula
Attached Thumbnails
2  2016 008_crop.jpg  
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #36

Name: Doug
California
Registry
Photo of whole group Sat. Feb 13

I think I got everyone in this photo on Saturday.
It was lots of fun, met many great people.
Attached Thumbnails
20160212_172526.jpg  
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #37

Name: Myron
New Mexico
Registry
I heard there were 165 eggs there. That's a lot! Would love to know the final breakdown per brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Qz104.jpg   Qz165a.jpg  

MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:37 AM   #38

2016 Quartzsite Gathering recap:

2016 Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, Arizona | Page 3 | Scamp Owners International
Old 02-18-2016, 11:23 AM   #39

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Bummed we couldn't make it again this year. A Bigfoot 5th AND a Silver Cloud! Hopefully next year!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #40

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I noticed Happier Camper was there, too, with a regular version and a commercial vending version.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp