Bear Valley Springs Rally 11-13 August 2006 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'd like to host a rally from Friday, August 11th, to Sunday, August 13th, in Bear Valley Springs (BVS), near Tehachapi, California. The total cost for both a campsite and a clubhouse for the weekend will probably be somewhere between $13.57 and $17.50 per trailer, depending on the number of participants.

BVS is a gated community and I'll arrange for a gate pass for all participants. I'll post driving directions and gate pass procedures later. The campground address is:

26800 Bear Valley Road
Tehachapi Ca 93561

This website shows the location of BVS and Tehachapi.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...ate=ca&zipcode=

I have reserved the 22 space Equestrian Center campground and nearby clubhouse. The campground is relatively flat and each site has a table and charcoal grill. There are two gas bar-b-ques in the campground. There are quite a few trees for shade. There are no hookups but water is available in the campground and there are bathrooms with showers. Open fires are not allowed, only charcoal. The campground is at 4000 feet or so, days are warm (high 80 - low 90) and nights are cool (mid 60s).

Here is a picture of the campground, by August the trees will be full and the grass brown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bear_Valley_Springs_Campground.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	3177

This shows the campground layout.

BVS_Campground.pdf

The clubhouse is a hundred yards or so from the campground. It has two large outside bar-b-ques and a large fireplace. I'll provide firewood for the pyros. We have the patio and clubhouse reserved for all three days. The clubhouse is cool during the day. There is a small kitchen. Here are some pictures of the patio and clubhouse interior.

Name:	IMG_1165.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	3178

Name:	IMG_1166.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	3179

The campsites are @ $5 per night, the clubhouse is $25 per day. Total cost will be $10 per site for camping plus the $75 clubhouse fee divided by the number of trailers that attend. If we get 21 trailers then the cost per trailer would be $13.57, for 10 trailers the cost would be $17.50.

BVS has two lakes for fishing; one is also open for small boats and swimming. A fishing license is $5 a day for those over 16. Under 16 are free.

There is a 9 hole golf course, tee fees for 9 holes are $15 or $20 with a shared cart. 18 holes are $20 or $28 with a shared cart. If you want to play golf, I can a sponsor a small group of folks and get a specific tee time.

There is a pool and country club, the visitor fee is $1. You can sit by the pool and the wait staff will brings drinks and such. There is also a snack bar. I think we would need to go along to the pool but my kids like to swim anyhow, especially if you fling 'em in the deep end.

There is a shooting range, there is no charge and I'd need to go along. I have some ammo to waste so going shooting would be fun. The range is on the other side of the mountain so it is a pretty 30 minute drive.

Trail rides are available for those over 8, the cost is somewhere around $15 an hour.

There are pictures about BVS and information on the following links.
http://www.bvsrealty.com/bvsinfoguide.html
http://www.bearvalleysprings.com/Bea...Springs008.htm
http://www.bvsa.org/index.cfm?fuseac...enu&menu_id=83
http://www.bvsr.com/info.htm

I need to pay for the campsites and clubhouse upfront and also don't want to reserve more spaces that what we will need. August is a great time of year and others will want to use the facilities. Since some campsites have horse corrals and the campground is next to the equestrian center, it is a very popular campsite for the horsey type of people. I don't want to unnecessarily upset the vacation plans for those folks.

I'd like a rough estimate of the number of sites I should reserve up front. I can get a refund on unused sites but it is painful and upsets the planning of others who want to camp.

If you think you can make the rally let me know. If you think you may be able to attend let me know. There is another campground nearby that we could put folks that we may not be able to accommodate in the equestrian center campground.

I am supposed to finalize my reservation the week of 29 May, so your early thoughts are appreciated. I won't hold you to your response, I know things change.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hey Thane,

I am game! Count me in.

Can we bring pets?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Please add Lori & Me. I am really looking forward to seeing your area.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #4

Dogs on leashes are OK. Goldfish have to be kept in a bowl. Critters left outside at night may get eaten by bigger critters. There will be horses nearby, so barkers would be a problem. All the pets at the Cambria rally will do well here.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #5

Registry
My Teradactyl will be dissapointed, but he will get over it.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Put us down Thane... we would love to come. We are wondering if this is for Friday and Saturday nights only, or would Sunday night be OK too..

Jim and Carol
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:40 PM   #7

Additional nights are $5 a night. We'll have the clubhouse Sunday night.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #8

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Count me in. Looks like a good spot to get out of the valley heat in August. Mike
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Hi Thane, we're newbies to both fiberglas trailers and the forum but would really like to attend!! Fri, Sat and Sun nites, please. Could we get a site that is level with few obstacles and close to restroom/showers as better half is slightly handicapped and uses walker or 2 canes. Please tell me where to send money for reservations and besides a fiberglas trailer, what could we bring??
Chuck n Nancie n eggzactlyrite4us n Scotty n Bobbie
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #10

Glad you can make it. We'll take care of the money aspects a little later.

I know that some folks need to be closer to the facilities, I'll make sure those spots are set aside, it will probably be spots 2 through 5. All the sites are pretty level though the campground slopes downhill a little. I hope we get at least 10 trailers so we can set up camp around the inner loop. The Buckaroos horse club is building a gazebo with sink and gas bar-b-que at the end of the campground, spaces 7, 9 and 11. We'll definitely get those spots.

Although we can't have a central open fire, the clubhouse will be very comfortable and the fireplace has enough space for a roaring fire. It may be too far for some to walk but it is very easy to drive to, only a hundred yards or so.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #11

Sounds good.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #12

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Casita Liberty
Send a message via AIM to Maggi Rudy
We will be there with bells and whistles and Rocky too, put us down probably from Thurs through Sunday, or even Monday! Never dreamed there was such a place in Tehachapi!

Can hardly wait!

Maggi and Wes Rudy
Maggi Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #13

Registry
Quote:
and Rocky too
Oh Oh.. Rocky will attack and eat all the horsies!

I once saw him bring down a grizzly bear with his bare teeth!
Old 05-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #14

As far as what can you bring, there are lots of things to do. There is even cute little shops in Tehachapi.

The maximum boat length is 14 feet, electric trolling motors are OK, no gas motors. There is usually a breeeze so a sailboat is good. If you have a horse, we can get a corral next to your camp site, there are lots of marked trails here. It is not a good place for gas scooters, the noise may spook the horses. There is a model aircraft airfield and remote control boats are OK both lakes.

There are three parks with jungle jim playgrounds and in the summer they usually show a free family movie outside at one of the lakes. When they show a golfing movie like Caddy Shack, they rent a golf cart for a few bucks and you can pretend it is a drive in. I'll post the movie schedule when it is available.

There are couple tennis courses so bring a racket if you are inclined.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
so bring a racket if you are inclined.
So my small paper cups and shells are OK then?

(I am head for my room right now... sorry.)
Old 05-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #16

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Was that the time Rocky had chewed off all the meat up to the knees and then decided it was tasty enough to finish the rest?
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:59 PM   #17

Registry
I don't think he could reach the knees, but I wouldn't mess with him anyway!

Kurt.. bring that Casita out! I know you have been practically living in it, but this is different. We can carvan!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #18

Will they allow canoes on the lake?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #19

Canoes, kayaks. rowboats, sailboats and submarines under 14 foot are fine.

They stock the lakes with trout, bass, crappie, bluegill, catfish and a few other beasts that I can't remember. swimming is allowed in the bigger lake.

The lakes aren't large, but big enough to have fun. We camped out and went sailing, rowing, kayaking and fishing this last weekend. Caught some fish and had some great winds.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #20

Well, that is a deal killer on my canoe. I have a 16 footer.